forum

Kantai Collection: KanColle

posted
Total Posts
show more
Leguna

CodeS wrote:

Sakura Ayane meeting Sakura Ayane and talking to Sakura Ayane while Sakura Ayane watches and listens.
Lol, that was kinda hilarious XD
i wonder how did she managed to switch quickly between each character
Topic Starter
CodeS
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The tears.

Also kek at the first sentence
domSaur
pls
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1421256276954.gif
Jinxy

piruchan wrote:

This anime might be my main priority for the season.

Can someone explain to me what group/fleet Kongou and the other with similar clothes in? I thought they're the main characters of the show, but so far they seem to be some sort of OP characters who won't get much screen time.
Ships have "classes" where they share similar architecture, and those four are collectively the Kongou-class battleships. Kongou, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima.

Leguna wrote:

i wonder how did she managed to switch quickly between each character
...Pretty sure they don't record episode by episode. The producers just give her a bunch of lines and go "here are all of Sendai's lines for the entire anime". She finishes recording that and moves on to another character while the producers are in charge of putting the line into the right episode.
Green Platinum

CodeS wrote:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The tears.

Are you going to actually respond to the content of the message? Because I have the exact same concern but all I see in thread is an echo chamber of people fucking rubbing their genitals over a completely sub-par show. I'm glad you all believe it needs more buckets because the series is sinking and will need a bail out. Who knows maybe the game is shit too and all of you are so blind or so devoted that you defend such garbage. This is essentially what is wrong with anime, awful shows that get defended for no reason, and when the series comes under heat you instantly retreat to "the manga, game or light novel is better". what a pathetic joke.
IppE

Green Platinum wrote:

Are you going to actually respond to the content of the message? Because I have the exact same concern but all I see in thread is an echo chamber of people fucking rubbing their genitals over a completely sub-par show.
The show is 100% fanservice and otakupandering to those who play the game, secondaries need not apply.
Jinxy
The goal of this anime has always been obviously to pander to the current players and also advertise to potential new players.

Just that instead of making it more accessible to the majority and risking the current players not liking it (since this isn't buy2play but a F2P with "IAP", keeping old players > introducing new players), they focused on the current players and are banking on the non-players trying it out because they're curious about the references. It sorta works, from the increased activity I see on KC related forums and people happily saying they get the references now.

Is there a better way to advertise? Probably, but I'm not going to discuss that because I honestly don't care.

The game is mostly a RNG-fest so make what you will of that. I play it because it's easy and relaxing to me; Set the girls and equipment properly and I can just watch it run on its own while doing other stuff instead of worrying about what move to make next.
[Superstar]_old

Green Platinum wrote:

Are you going to actually respond to the content of the message? Because I have the exact same concern but all I see in thread is an echo chamber of people fucking rubbing their genitals over a completely sub-par show. I'm glad you all believe it needs more buckets because the series is sinking and will need a bail out. Who knows maybe the game is shit too and all of you are so blind or so devoted that you defend such garbage. This is essentially what is wrong with anime, awful shows that get defended for no reason, and when the series comes under heat you instantly retreat to "the manga, game or light novel is better". what a pathetic joke.
You hate it, but it doesn't give you the right to judge people who like it. Opinions are and will always be different, if you like it or not. Don't talk like anyone sits in the same boat as you do.
domSaur

[Superstar] wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

You hate it, but it doesn't give you the right to judge people who like it. Opinions are and will always be different, if you like it or not. Don't talk like anyone sits in the same boat as you do.
I've been wanting to say this already like while this thread sure has no restrictions.. It will be populated by the people who like it(or whatever you want to call them)..

sSure go ahead call it garbage. Not sure why would you go such lengths to show your (i'm not sure why) dismay but i guess some people just like shitposting for the keks. Even if i didn't like the show i still can't see the reason to... you know, hate it..

inb4brandedasagenitalrubbingfanboy. I do respect your.... uh... Opinion(?) but please... Please.
Topic Starter
CodeS

Green Platinum wrote:

CodeS wrote:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The tears.

Are you going to actually respond to the content of the message? Because I have the exact same concern.
No, because I don't care about you, or your kind of viewer, why should I? I'm an avid fan of the game, and the show is amazing at pleasing ME, a player.
Same with the rest of the fanbase, welcome to a pandering Anime, the door is open, you can leave.
Are you done with your little raging nobody cares about? or is your need to be answered that strong?

Now, you see what's funny? the Kancolle fanbase is so big, SO BIG, like really, REALLY BIG, that we don't need new people like you in the fanbase or the guy in the text you're using to get answer, you know why?
Here is why

The show is 100% fanservice and otakupandering to those who play the game, secondaries need not apply.
Just that instead of making it more accessible to the majority and risking the current players not liking it, they focused on the current players and are banking on the non-players trying it out because they're curious about the references. It sorta works, from the increased activity I see on KC related forums and people happily saying they get the references now.
This is the key, underrated posts, even like that, we welcome people who are actually interested in learning what we like, instead of saying "Why is the show not targeting me? a non player." The anime is not "shutting itselft".
I see a lot of potencial new players in Twitter, Facebook. and this is coming from a guy with a 7k followers Twitter account... tho it's a lewd one \D:/. I've got hundred of mentions of people asking me about the game or the references since the Anime started, I welcome them, they're showing interest in what I like, instead of being rude for no reason at all or saying "I want the anime to pander me" (like the text guy).

And don't worry, Kancolle will be fine, it will sell (unless they fuck up killing an important kanmusu) no matter how many angry post you make, no matter how hard you throw 12 years old insults, we will have fun watching it, this is not gonna change. Now, excuse me while I enjoy this so called "Pathetic sinking show".

Now, to continue:

OIICHI IN ONE PIC

Green Platinum
Would have put myself in the position as a potential player but since seeing the show and the fact people are happy to say "This is an accurate depiction of what a kantai collection anime should be" I can easily say I am not anymore. Because really why should I expect highly of a series already with a group of well established characters and the resources to make something good that can appeal to everyone? Shouldn't the series attempt to communicate why fans fell in love with the series in the first place or is your hollow waifu the actual reason?

I genuinely hold this opinion even if you claim shitposting because god forbid someone doesn't enjoy the show, but I also hold the concern that often good shows get overlooked because series' like this one carry so much hype with them. I wholly welcome you to address me when i like a show you don't because that is what online discussions should be all about.
[Superstar]_old
It's the echo. The tone plays an important role. I think everyone respects your opinion, but you need to convey it in a more polite way.
Topic Starter
CodeS

Green Platinum wrote:

Would have put myself in the position as a potential player but since seeing the show and the fact people are happy to say "This is an accurate depiction of what a kantai collection anime should be" I can easily say I am not anymore.
Oh no, I don't normally insult over the internet, but let me tell you.

You sir, are full of bullshit.

You never wanted to be in that position, since the very first moment you got into this thread, since your very first post, all you did was say a bunch of poisonous words trying to get some reaction from us, and you failed in such a way that you started insulting like if this was a 4chan thread. And then when we finally told you to fuck off, you're taking the "victim" approach. You never said "hey guys, why is this so popular?", "hey guys, I don't like this, but why do you guys like it?".No:

Green Platinum wrote:

Absolutely no potential for anything good to come of this.
Since the very first moment you was focused on degrading this Anime, so don't come telling me that "I could've been an extra prayer to the franchise" when you clearly never wanted to be.

Because really why should I expect highly of a series already with a group of well established characters and the resources to make something good that can appeal to everyone? Shouldn't the series attempt to communicate why fans fell in love with the series in the first place or is your hollow waifu the actual reason?
We already answered this.

I genuinely hold this opinion even if you claim shitposting because god forbid someone doesn't enjoy the show, but I also hold the concern that often good shows get overlooked because series' like this one carry so much hype with them.
Overlooked?
What are you even talking about? overlooked in what way? is not gonna get threads on 4chan? Myanimelist won't talk about it?
It won't have a discussion in this forum?

What's stopping you from making a topic about the Anime you like?. People won't say "Hey, I like this Kancolle Anime, I won't watch any other Anime because this is popular!", "Hey I like this Kancolle Anime, so I will stop talking about any other Anime!", "Hey look, everyone is really excited about Kancolle!, I'm going to get excited too and ignore this other Anime which doesn't look as good", and if they do, It's better to have them away from the Anime you like.

Shall I blame Danna ga Nani not being too popular on last season because Log Horizon was on it, and in some weird way it got overlooked?
Shall I blame Kancolle because nobody is talking about Cinderella Girls in this forum? When it's another thing I play and I'm really excited about? (even more than Kancolle).
No right? Danna Ga Nani wasn't popular because it was made by a non-important studio, and even like that, people were talking a lot about it and a second season is coming, and there is no Cinderella thread here, of course nobody is talking about it.

Or it is the sales?
Do you seriously think this will stop a Japanese (they have money) to buy the BD and DVD of any anime they like, ever?
In my opinion, you seem to be the kind that gets mad because people talk about things that you don't like.

I wholly welcome you to address me when i like a show you don't because that is what online discussions should be all about.
You never wanted to have a discussion, if you did, then why did you made a post full of insults like is this was some kind of 4chan thread?
All you did was being rude, and when we ignored that, you started insulting, of course we had no other option but to answer, and now, you're saying that we're just telling you to fuck off because you didn't enjoy our show.

You made no sense.

This is my last answer to you, don't worry, I don't want this thread to be turned into a shit fest when all I want is to share my love to the Anime, I welcome people who want to have a discussion, but:

You never said "I don't like this Anime"
You degraded the entire fanbase.

I'm sorry for the harsh tone of words.
Last reply from me.
Topic Starter
CodeS
Gonna go ahead and make a double post, sorry for that:

YES, THE REAL AKAGI:

I'm so glad they decided to put her real nature, this is the akagi I know and love ;w;
domSaur

CodeS wrote:

YES, THE REAL AKAGI:

I'm so glad they decided to put her real nature, this is the akagi I know and love ;w;
Best Akagi..
Green Platinum
I am always pessimistic when it comes to anime.
This series provides nothing when I can easily just rewatch Strike Witches or Girls und Panzer, while neither are exceptional I know the content will probably be the same but who knows maybe Kancolle will just stick to showing off their characters because that is clearly working for them.
Gumpy
It was fun seeing what they do outside of the sortie stuff.
NoHitter
OH GOD this episode ;_;

USE THE INSTANT REPAIR! It's not too late!
... I wish ;_;
Topic Starter
CodeS
Man this episode WTF ;______;

SPOILER
KISARAGI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Actually I saw it coming because the Battle of Wake Island is where Kisaragi got sunk in real history.
domSaur
i haven't watch the latest ep bec. i have classes early tomorrow(so i have to get to bed this instant and save the watching till then) and after seeing all these i'm like.... Slice of life, Their lives were indeed sliced..

with all these drama hypefeels idk if i can still watch this ;w;
IppE
Jesus christ the random CG scenes are ugly and annoying as fuck. It's like they had no budget to actually animate things.
Luna-
Oh my god why ;w;

btw my yuubari finally take some scenes <3
And I got yayoi today lol
[ yogurt ]
I thought it's going to be cute battleship girls doing cute battleship things, not dying.

At least next week is KONGOU DESS.
[Superstar]_old
Damn :( This was unexpected.

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Luna-

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

I thought it's going to be cute battleship girls doing cute battleship things, not dying.
Can't agree more with this

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

yeahhh!!

engrish will be powerful
Jinxy
we madoka now

I noticed Kisaragi sunk during the real Wake Island, but didn't think too much of it until I noticed she's the non-MC with the closest relationship to one of the main six last episode.

I expected her to just return heavily damaged and have that steel the MC crew to prepare for more difficult battles in the future, not to flat out sink

They stuck way too many death flags on my drama sandwich though, can't even properly enjoy it. Seriously, the entire first half of the episode was nothing but fucking death flags
Topic Starter
CodeS
Some history stuff about Kisaragi

SPOILER
She sank 30 miles (or 48 km) SW of Wake Island, at 05:42.
In the Anime they say 56km and at 15:42
She was replaced if I'm not wrong by Uzuki later in the war.

Japan also lost Hayate on that battle but well...
Nobody cares about Hayate or the Kamikaze class.
Green Platinum
Kisaragi's death flag by the point of the battle was probably so big it probably alerted the enemy of their position.
domSaur
Kisaragi ga Kill anyone?

and that ending just added more salt to the wound ;w;
xxdeathx
Well I can't say I'm too traumatized by the death of a character we knew for half an episode
Topic Starter
CodeS

xxdeathx wrote:

Well I can't say I'm too traumatized by the death of a character we knew for half an episode
well yeah, tho for most of us it was a character we knew since 2 years ago.

SPOILER
Well mine ingame is only lvl 60 so I can't say much

Never liked her slutty lines
or her bad art

or the shitty stats
-------------------------------------------------------------

In a kinda related note.

Funny how everyone is leveling their Kisaragis since last episode.

almost everyone I know who plays kancolle is leveling her (mostly those who had her at lvl 1)

AND MORE IMPORTANT

RIP Type 0 Recon Seaplane AKA Reimitei ;_;

Also, let's hope they don't start following history llike episode 3 on everyone, because if they do.
This is gonna make me ultra sad

Well, at least we know Mutsu would be something like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited on 28/01/2015

BRILLANT EPISODE, BRILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT
It's been a while since I had this much FUN watching an Anime

I can't believe how happy I'm, this is how I imagined all this time the live interaction between the sister would be.
All the references, all the ingame quotes, all the scenes with KONGOU, everything.

I had a huge smile from start to end.

;_;

OH! OH! OH! OH!

T E I T O K U

[SWEATING INTENSIFIES]

Finally some rensouhou action!

This fucking entire scene man...

And that ending ;_; I got watery eyes the moment she said "It hurts, "it hurts" " ;_;

Luna-
Fun and drama
Yeah!!!!

jkalhsdfja Kongou's sisters <333333333333333333333
Shimakaze <33333333333333333333

CodeS wrote:

KONGOU DA BEST

Next week KAGA <33333333333333
[Superstar]_old
Kongou is absolutely amazing <3 Might be my favorite of them all
Also nice to see more ~Zekamashi~ ;P
This entire episode was so much fun its incredible
The drama at the end tho ;_;
Green Platinum
Better episode than the previous few, I don't think placing it immediately after a character death was a great idea.

Random English in Japanese is just as obnoxious as random Japanese in English
Jinxy
Kagerou best non-speaking character
piruchan
Episode 4 got me totally into this anime

domSaur

piruchan wrote:

like oh god i've expected Kongou and Hiei(do i actually need to spoiler this?) to be goofballs but Haruna and Kirishima too?

and hell yez Haguro got som screentime <3
Athrun
Never knew that those four would be so wacky. I knew it. Kongou really does like the Admiral ._. I HAD THAT FEELING AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Kurogamii

CodeS wrote:

srsly dude, it's just flagship protection system

piruchan wrote:

FBB RANGER

------------------------

Also, ep. 04 really ruined the Kongou-class' Fast BB charisma
where's the smart kirishima? where's the maiden haruna?
all i see is:

Overly-crazy Kongou
Pervert Hiei loving her onee-sama too much
Smart-looking-but-stupid-asshole Kirishima
Not-different-from-kirishima Haruna

instant drop just kidding
Green Platinum
Inb4 Kongou is only around for 1 or 2 episodes and the series returns to boring as cardboard characters.
show more