Rumia- wrote:

SOUND VOLTEX II -infinite affection- .
ok new SDVX

HAHAHAHA *facedesk*
HAHAHAHA
/me slaps Rumia-
Topic Starter
Avena
@Next BAT: I want to make some small changes on Ultra, pls no rank without my confirmation
Akiyama Mizuki
Why not Gravity Wars to the tags, which is 3rd series of SDVX?
PatZar
sakura mirror
Rakuen
As requested!

Legend
Default = Normal mods
Blue = Strongly recommended
Red = Unrankable issue
Pink = Will be discussed if not changed

Priti wrote:

@Next BAT: I want to make some small changes on Ultra, pls no rank without my confirmation
:3

bbj0920 wrote:

A sure for this too?

Modding based on diffs NHHIXX

General

1. 00:21:067 - Break seems not snapped for NOVICE and INTERMEDIATE
  2. 00:56:682 - ^ for all diffs
  3. 01:13:687 - ^

Combo Colors

• Color of 4 and 1 looks identical, try to change to a different color?

NOVICE

1. 00:08:393 (4,5,1) - Notes (esp circle) after long slider could cause combo miss / break. Extend slider to 00:09:516 - without the circle, like 00:26:361 (4) -

INTERMEDIATE

1. Untick widescreen
  2. 00:09:676 (1) - DS? Looks like 1 more reverse
  3. 00:27:484 (1) - ^

ADVANCED

1. Untick widescreen
  2. 00:21:869 (3) - NC looks better imo

LEADER'S INFINITE

1. Untick widescreen
  2. 01:21:067 (2) - NC for time distance and fast SV change
Topic Starter
Avena

Rakuen wrote:

As requested!

Legend
Default = Normal mods
Blue = Strongly recommended
Red = Unrankable issue
Pink = Will be discussed if not changed

Priti wrote:

:3

bbj0920 wrote:

A sure for this too? Unneeded

Modding based on diffs NHHIXX

Combo Colors

• Color of 4 and 1 looks identical, try to change to a different color? It's fine.

INTERMEDIATE

1. 00:09:676 (1) - DS? Looks like 1 more reverse These are really confusing, I think the low spacing helps.
  2. 00:27:484 (1) - ^
Thanks for modding~
Deleted = Fixed
got Leader's permission to apply small thingies like NCs

List of changes on ULTRA:
  1. 01:17:538 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - Made this pattern look neater.
  2. 01:41:602 (1,1) - New slider, pretty nice for the sound.
Rakuen
Qualified
Leader
\:D/
Myxo
Considering the amount of diffs and the Extras' difficulties, this had surprisingly few mods lol

Congratz :3
Priti #1 producer of 6-star-maps 2015
Topic Starter
Avena

Desperate-kun wrote:

Considering the amount of diffs and the Extras' difficulties, this had surprisingly few mods lol

Congratz :3
Priti #1 producer of 6-star-maps 2015
modders 2 scared
of mah skill
bitches become red
because i'm so real
FlobuFlobs
5 Mods for such a big mapset? (i dont count bubble mods)
dont you think mods could make the map better and polish it abit more? better quality? better playability
Topic Starter
Avena

FlobuFlobs wrote:

dont you think mods could make the map better and polish it abit more? better quality? better playability
There were tons of playtests that didn't make posts..
Also wtf mod quantity means nothing about quality I mean I had sets that are worse than this with MUCH more mods.
FlobuFlobs

Priti wrote:

FlobuFlobs wrote:

There were tons of playtests that didn't make posts..
Also wtf mod quantity means nothing about quality I mean I had sets that are worse than this with MUCH more mods.
Sure there are alot more bad maps than this, this map is actually very nice but i mean IF you could make the map better with more mods then why not? it has less mods than diffs
Timorisu
00:08:394 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why are these sliders

00:10:640 (1,1,1,1,1) - What's up with these SV changes? Especially 00:11:602 (1,1) -

00:15:934 (1,1,1,1) - ^

00:18:661 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why is the spacing accelerating

00:58:767 (2,3,4,5,1) - What's up with the spacing here? 00:58:767 (2,3) - and 00:58:928 (3,4) - are the same, yet the timeline is different?

01:01:334 (2,3,4,5,1) - ^

01:03:901 (2,3,4,5,1) - Like I know this is supposed to be hard but come on

01:07:110 (1,2,1,2) - Why

01:08:393 (1,2) - Would

01:09:035 (1,1,2) - You

01:09:356 (1) - ?!?! Like seriously this is so unreadable I don't even know. There's no slidertick or anything indicating the SV change

01:13:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Again why are these sliders

01:25:398 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Not the worst but there's a lot of better stuff you could do here

01:40:799 (1,2,3,4,5) - Strictly speaking 01:40:880 - 01:41:361 - , 01:41:521 are overmapped

01:41:602 (1) - Also fix your blankets

:L

Also while I agree that mod quanitity is not a factor that should play a role when ranking, having less mods than diffs is... a little few mods.
Zare
Scrub map

Except for 01:07:110 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - which I remember to be my suggestion and timoriso shuddup your points are invalid this is mapped on the vocalish thing so it's awesome
Ajo Joestar
Offset: +5ms~
[ Mephisto ]
unrank
[ BJ ]
Sexy and creative mapset :D. I think most are just salty because they aren't good enough to play it. Funny how when someone makes a map that isn't generic and easy to read that it gets hate. Hitsounds are too quiet imo though.
TicClick
Hi. There's apparently a difficulty gap between ADVANCED and EXHAUSTED that I overlooked while modding, but I asked a few people around and figured that yes, it's worth disqualifying for. However, this is not the only problem.

[ULTRA]
  1. 01:07:110 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1) - it's apparently confusing during to inconsistency. Would be cool for unreadability contest, though.
  2. 01:20:987 (1) - this new combo is confusing because it makes it look like this is on a blue or red tick
ULTRA is also confusing or uncomfortable to play at times, for ex., 01:40:318 (5,6,7) - where you barely leave player a chance to reach slider tails and score 300s.

--------------

Also:

[INTERMEDIATE]
  1. 00:08:393 (3) - since the diff is more like a normal, this kind of sliders is not easy to follow.
  2. 01:37:430 (2,3,4,5) - it's hard to follow the circles after the reverse slider in this bpm.
  3. 01:33:741 (6,7) - minor suggestion: this is not easy to realize that it's a 1/3
[ADVANCED]
  1. 01:14:971 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - it's just hard to follow. spinners are too short. and it's not a low bpm so 1/1 is not really enough for recover.
  2. 01:36:789 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - too hard for a "hard", it's more like a insane. But in the first 1 minute it's more like a hard. and this diff should be a hard.
And Exhaust is way too hard for the spread, it's nearly an extreme diff.

Overall, this mapset needs a light insane. Thus INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED should be easier to fit in their original role.
Irreversible
Delete Sakura and "2" from the tags. First one being in the title already, second one because tags shorter than 2 letters aren't working (iirc)
Lust
He can keep the second Sakura in the tags, for long ingame searches iirc. The 2 can be removed though
Topic Starter
Avena

TicClick wrote:

Hi. There's apparently a difficulty gap between ADVANCED and EXHAUSTED that I overlooked while modding, but I asked a few people around and figured that yes, it's worth disqualifying for. However, this is not the only problem.

[ULTRA]
  1. 01:07:110 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1) - it's apparently confusing during to inconsistency. Would be cool for unreadability contest, though. I honestly feel this is overreacting, It's not even ~that~ unreadable, the sliders are unstacked, the NCs make it a bit nicer to read and it follows something in the song anyways.
  2. 01:20:987 (1) - this new combo is confusing because it makes it look like this is on a blue or red tick fixed
ULTRA is also confusing or uncomfortable to play at times, for ex., 01:40:318 (5,6,7) - where you barely leave player a chance to reach slider tails and score 300s. These ones aren't an actual issue, A whole lot of maps use 1/8 slider streams and when spacing is low like this it's fine..

--------------

Also:

[INTERMEDIATE]
  1. 00:08:393 (3) - since the diff is more like a normal, this kind of sliders is not easy to follow. Considering ADVANCED has relatively complex patterns, it's something that should help the player learn about trickier things
  2. 01:37:430 (2,3,4,5) - it's hard to follow the circles after the reverse slider in this bpm. fixed
  3. 01:33:741 (6,7) - minor suggestion: this is not easy to realize that it's a 1/3 Fixed
[ADVANCED]
  1. 01:14:971 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - it's just hard to follow. spinners are too short. and it's not a low bpm so 1/1 is not really enough for recover. Fixed
  2. 01:36:789 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - too hard for a "hard", it's more like a insane. But in the first 1 minute it's more like a hard. and this diff should be a hard. Fixed
And Exhaust is way too hard for the spread, it's nearly an extreme diff.

Overall, this mapset needs a light insane. Thus INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED should be easier to fit in their original role.
I seriously think the spread is fine, I'll gather more opinions, but for now adding another diff for the sake of it will be dumb.

@Timorisu: Call me when you have actual criticism and not pure whimpering.

Edit: Modified EXHAUST, should be good now.
Timorisu
Well I mean you could just answer my questions and give reasoning on why you mapped your stuff the way you did lol
-GN
00:58:286 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:00:852 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:03:420 (1,2,3,4,5) - the patterns here are quite difficult to sightread, due to the rhythm and their placement. you could put NCs at 2 and 4 for these(and remove the one at the 1's to make it less difficult to get.
01:09:356 (1) - this is an unnecessary speedup, just make it the same speed as the others but put the sliderstart at the middle of the other sliders' track.

it's a very fun map otherwise.
Topic Starter
Avena
Fixed both thingies
RAKUEN DO YOUR THANG
Rakuen
Hi

Just to reply here for a bit, was scold on the board cuz someone thought I ignored previous opinions etc. blah

TicClick wrote:

Hi. There's apparently a difficulty gap between ADVANCED and EXHAUSTED that I overlooked while modding, but I asked a few people around and figured that yes, it's worth disqualifying for. However, this is not the only problem. All the speedy patterns are fixed, fine now I guess

[ULTRA]
  1. 01:07:110 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1) - it's apparently confusing during to inconsistency. Would be cool for unreadability contest, though. The first 2 sliders which are stacked together sound the same (idk how to explain this tho orz), and it's 1/2 sliders, not much jumpy, kinda readable for cautious Extra players
Others are mostly fixed, and agreed with the creator

Rebubbled
Rakuen
Rebubbled after certain fixes with TicClick :)
xxdeathx
Got rid of a 1/1 post spinner note in Intermediate.

Re-qualified!
HabiHolic
Gratz~ but why your map pending list?
P o M u T a
8-)
Secretpipe

P o M u T a wrote:

8-)
Topic Starter
Avena

P o M u T a wrote:

8-)
babe u still alive?
Irreversible
Hey Priti,

Unranking this again because of the spread between ADVANCED and EXHAUST.

After intern discussions we came to the conclusion that it would be the best solution to add a new diff, because the diff themselves aren't bad. But you can do whatever you want; as long as it fixes the spread.

Let me quickly prove my point (First = ADVANCED, Second = EXHAUST)

00:16:094 (1) - / 00:16:094 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
^ and all patterns like this, what's this gap? A 4 time reversed slider against 8 circles, even with constant jumps?
If you compare the maps densities, you can quickly see that the one of ADVANCED is a bunch lower than in EXHAUST.

00:59:570 (5,6,7) - / 00:59:570 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) -
3 objects vs. streams of 5, with jumps
And many more.

I told you ingame that I agreed with the first unrank, and if you had waited for 1 more day this wouldn't yet be requalified, and so we could have saved us this second unrank, but oh well.
You might also want to get more opinions on the Ultra, because so less mods for such a diff seem not enough to me. Shiro might give you a further input about this.

If you don't understand something, pm me ingame, and I'll help you as good as I can.

See you around.
silmarilen
are you going to disqualify all the other maps with a gap of >1star aswell?
Lokovodo
RIP mugio3's score again
xxdeathx
Man...
quiz-chan_DELETED
last-minute decision...

but lol hi xD
Atrue

silmarilen wrote:

are you going to disqualify all the other maps with a gap of >1star aswell?
Please refer to the actual difficulty when judging the gaps, but not merely stars.
Azer
While we're at it can we also please not put a 35% volume section in the last kiai of ULTRA
thanks
show more