forum

[resolved] Unranked Gamemode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alulcard
BTW, i have tried to find if this is a subject that has been posted but i couldn't find anything.

Right, so since thats out of the way, some time ago (about a week ago), my friend came round as i showed him osu and he wanted to play it.
I thought up that osu should have some sort of unranked game mode where the score and ranks are not recorded.
i thought of this because i didn't want him messing up any score that i had (luckily he didn't).
Now i read the rules and it says not to make a second account and no account sharing. (he was only going to play it once so there was no point in making a second account). rule 1 on Community Rules: OSU rules ,-- hope i did that right.
Right so here are some pro's and con's for this.(if i get any suggestions, i will add them):

Pro's:
no score is recorded if you don't want to have a score recorded for a reason.
saves space on the osu server.
If someone wants to play osu for the first time for 1 time only (like me.

Con's:
Could be exploited like using this to get a certain score or something of that nature.
Everyone would have to update their skins to have a re-skinned mod.
Deimos
play offline?

also if your friend wants to play then either he should create his own account or like I said above play offline.

a feature of having all maps unranked etc. was requested several times and got denied several times
Topic Starter
Alulcard

Deimos wrote:

play offline?

also if your friend wants to play then either he should create his own account or like I said above play offline.

a feature of having all maps unranked etc. was requested several times and got denied several times
like i said, he was only going to play it once so their was no point in making a new account.
also when you connect to the internet after playing offline, the scores will be received and sent to the server so playing offline doesn't work.
the scores get saved locally then put online after when you have a connection
Lust
You can just not sign in, you know.
Topic Starter
Alulcard

Lust wrote:

You can just not sign in, you know.
LOL good point. you just blew my mind.
the hassle is then logging and forgetting your password.
i forget my password for everything so that's why i have one password for everything. and then i still forget it because i am useless.
Deimos

Wasted Rain wrote:

Deimos wrote:

play offline?

like i said, he was only going to play it once so their was no point in making a new account.
also when you connect to the internet after playing offline, the scores will be received and sent to the server so playing offline doesn't work.
the scores get saved locally then put online after when you have a connection

I don't know who said it, but it won't happen. Scores will only get submitted if you played them online, they won't get submitted afterwards if you played them offline. They are may saved locally but that doesn't matter.
Topic Starter
Alulcard
I don't know who said it, but it won't happen. Scores will only get submitted if you played them online, they won't get submitted afterwards if you played them offline. They are may saved locally but that doesn't matter
i have had moments when i lose connection, for 2-3 minutes then i reconnect and all of the scores get submitted. if not, i don't know what that is then.
Deimos
playing offline =/= losing connection to the server
Topic Starter
Alulcard

Deimos wrote:

playing offline =/= losing connection to the server
when you connect to the server afterwards, the scores are then submitted no matter
Deimos
Topic Starter
Alulcard

Deimos wrote:

what i meant is when you are on your account and you are not connected to the internet, and then you connect back to it. the scores will be submitted.
i don't want to sign out because of the reasons stated above.

sorry for the mis-confusion
Zare
There was once a mod called SpunOut (RIP) which automativally finished alll spinners in the map. The main reason for playing it, though, was that the score wouldn't get submitted. People used it as a practice mod to //fake// their playcount stats.
At some point, peppy decided to remove the mod because he disagrees with the concept of unranked play, all practice progress should, if possible, be recorded.

Which is why an unranked mod is not likely to happen again.

then target practce came along and killed this argumentation but whatever..
peppy
play offline or just let them use your account,'z if they are new they aren't gonna set any crazy good records anyway.
Topic Starter
Alulcard

Zare wrote:

There was once a mod called SpunOut (RIP) which automativally finished alll spinners in the map. The main reason for playing it, though, was that the score wouldn't get submitted. People used it as a practice mod to //fake// their playcount stats.
At some point, peppy decided to remove the mod because he disagrees with the concept of unranked play, all practice progress should, if possible, be recorded.

Which is why an unranked mod is not likely to happen again.

then target practce came along and killed this argumentation but whatever..
thank you everyone who replied.
i couldn't find a request like this one the search (prob because i suck at finding stuff) so i thought ill feature it.
i know everyone was trying to help
anyway, since that's over who would like a hot chocolate???