forum

How do you guys handle negative feedback?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh
It's there
thelewa

ColdTooth wrote:

Negative feedback doesn't help
it does help

if you're doing something so bad that nothing positive can be said about it then how is anyone supposed to give you feedback if negative feedback doesn't help
ColdTooth

Granger wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

Negative feedback doesn't help
Sorry, i gotta disagree. Negative feedback is very helpfull, provided it is constructive. "Your work sucks lol" is not helpfull but "I dont like how you did this pattern, maybe try to place the circles 10 11 12 closer together?" Is very helpfull.

With that said i greathly prefer constructive negative feedback over praise. "Awesome!" Does neither tell me why its awesome nor tell me how i can maybe make it even more awesome.
I was actually joking, since this is off-topic and all I do here is be stupid like I always am.

Personally, it really depends on the situation. I can be as constructive as I can, and still keep it on a positive subject. Your 2nd negative feedback is not negative, nor positive. This is more of a neutral feedback, where it is neither negative nor positive, therefore it is more leading into a suggesting comment.

Yes, I can tell you that if I only said one word like "Awesome!", it would not be as helpful as I can. For me, I always try to find a small error, overlook the issues, and try to come up with an explanation. I could just say nothing overall, but that wouldn't be helpful. It also wouldn't be negative so I can't really bide the situation half the time. Sometimes people tell me positive stuff, some tell me negative. I take both as constructive.

thelewa wrote:

if you're doing something so bad that nothing positive can be said about it then how is anyone supposed to give you feedback if negative feedback doesn't help
You do make a good point. I can see that I did something so stupid and horrible, then how is there a positive feedback to give? No great thing is suddenly created.
loldcraft

AxE Rayden wrote:

Lets see who here is the rager and who here is the one who deals with it
Ok this thread sucks.
(reads rest of thread)
Oh I need a reason? This thread sucks because it offends me.
lol jk
But then again there's more and more people thinking "it offends me" automatically justifies their argument and invalidates other's.
IppE

loldcraft wrote:

But then again there's more and more people thinking "it offends me" automatically justifies their argument and invalidates other's.
Bweh
If nobody's telling me I suck or that I need to work on something specific I'll just do it myself.

But that's not usually the case anyway
Aurani
You suck mate, you need to draw more Gilgamesh, else you'll never get good. :V
Bweh
Aurani
And that's exactly why I love you.
Friendan
epic thread op :^)
Trash Boat

Sonatora wrote:

I'm laughing becase FUCK YOU IM LAUGHING
Chaika does not approve
IppE

Trash Boat wrote:

Chaika does not approve
Who gave you the right to falsify the words of our queen?

AutoMedic

IppE wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Chaika does not approve
Who gave you the right to falsify the words of our queen?

-Sandstorm
Bweh
You mean Sand. Storm!
Trash Boat
On topic, that actually depends on the situation somebody receives negative feeback. When publishing a game? When announcing important changes? That stuff
Topic Starter
AxE Rayden
Love how first post was a troll message. Probably to see my reaction.

Just to say i deal with negativity 7-10 so i laughed that post off well hehe

anyways im glad this discussion actually seems to have meaning

I believe Negative feedback if used in correct context is great to help build a persons self worth

ONLY if used to help someone better themselves
Aurani
I hate you all, guys.
AutoMedic

Aurani wrote:

I hate you all, guys.
I still admire and respect you Aurani
Aurani
Sarcasm hardly works Aurani :V
Trash Boat
Admire? Respect? not enough, Venera-Sama
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
I think I handle it pretty well. To some extent.
Necturion
I usually ignore it or get in a bad mood and sometimes I start discussing, but I can't enforce myself, so I stop. My personality type is INFP, for those who care.
AutoMedic

Trash Boat wrote:

Admire? Respect? not enough, Venera-Sama
Fuck off, Dva
Friendan

AxE Rayden wrote:

What does troll mean?
ColdTooth

Friendan wrote:

AxE Rayden wrote:

What does troll mean?

"Eh, it changes often." - ColdTooth
konkarne_old
I assess on whatever they thought of was bad or wrong, and try to fix it. I do take it somewhat personally, but I don't really get mad about it. If it's a valid reason for their criticism they provide, then yeah, I'll take it into consideration and try to improve.
Friendan
Don't you have to go back to advertising CaVe, Rayden?
Red Eclipse_old
I cry
Topic Starter
AxE Rayden

Friendan wrote:

Thanks but no advertising has happened lol without us giving money to players so Friendan you obviously got no respect and I am not worried as to how you have posted. ALL in ALL every1 has there own opinion

Thanks
Corin
Jesus fucking Christ, this thread is autismal.
Friendan

AxE Rayden wrote:

Friendan wrote:

Thanks but no advertising has happened lol without us giving money to players so Friendan you obviously got no respect and I am not worried as to how you have posted. ALL in ALL every1 has there own opinion

Thanks
t/263821
I do have respect, just not to shills

Corin wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ, this thread is autismal.
like you're mom