forum

Catch the Beat General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Ayase Eli]
I have been playing CtB for like a grand total of a week or 2, and it's almost disgusting to see all these CtB players whine about how their pp got screwed and they feel like they've been cheated or something...

Isn't the whole point of the game to get better at the game (and have fun but who the heck does that)? If someone doubts your skill then just play multiplayer and settle things once and for all, if boosting your ego is all you care about...

I'm just here to catch froots :)
Granger
Its the same as in std, on a smaller scale. :(

In general i dont understand people fussing so much about the numbers on their profile, i dont care very much for that. All i want is doing good at hard maps with my grand goal not being to become #1 but being good enough to FC almost anything mappers can throw at me, with any mod combitation. (Except maybe HDFL, lmao)
mummie

Granger wrote:

Its the same as in std, on a smaller scale. :(

In general i dont understand people fussing so much about the numbers on their profile, i dont care very much for that. All i want is doing good at hard maps with my grand goal not being to become #1 but being good enough to FC almost anything mappers can throw at me, with any mod combitation. (Except maybe HDFL, lmao)

same here look i also lost half of my pp but so what i can get it back over time while i get better and its sad to see something go but the new pp system works and i am happy alot of pp farmers are trown down :D

and like tom said he is going to tweak some bits after his holiday so we have this system now and get over it

its still a game and we Catch fruits That is where good at

greetz
mummie
Ikillforpies

Ikillforpies wrote:

Good job, have a pie
[Ayase Eli]
Lol I also noticed my graph finally changed, I now am actually ranked higher than I was before the change (after the initial dip). :P

But yeah I noticed that standard is the same, with people playing pp farm maps and such, but I don't even play standard haha; mania4lyf. I guess every gamemode has its issues though. I trust peppy with my 4 dollars to make things right >:0
Hemmi
Went from rank 5.1k to 2.7k, love that new update :3
lineqtxz
I miss weez
Kingkevin30
DxNightwave
Good job Super-Kev
Laharl
Without HD scrub
Zak

Laharl wrote:

Without HD scrub
iiyo

fl play :o no gamma
sovy
I probably should have made a thread somewhere else but I'd thought you guys could know.

Are all game modes (with the exception of Standard) excluded from the achievement system? It just came to me because I used to play Standard quite a lot and got some achievements while doing so but I then stopped and started playing the shit out of ctb up until now and haven't gotten a single achievement.
Zak
Achievements are across all modes I'm pretty sure. Almost every achievement I've gotten has been through playing ctb.
sovy
Interesting. I guess I still haven't been 'lucky' enough to get one, specifically from the Hush-Hush ones. Gotta get those 50K plays in.
Kingkevin30

amslender wrote:

Interesting. I guess I still haven't been 'lucky' enough to get one, specifically from the Hush-Hush ones. Gotta get those 50K plays in.
well as far as i know it seems that "consolation Prize" and "Most Improved" are not obtainable in CTB...or i just was to dumb to do it in the past, dunno
Granger
Combo achivements wont work for modes other than std, nor will some of the hush hush achivements.
sovy
So I guess I was right? I'm not sure, but it seemed pretty obvious to me when I thought about it, like "shit, I'm not getting anything any time soon at this point".
Seph

Granger wrote:

hush hush achivements.
I wonder :roll:
Older hush hush won't work, some newer ones like Obsessed will work.
Salamat
Yeh, I got Obsessed from CtB
Ikillforpies
Frobe

:)

:)...
autofanboy

Frobe wrote:

Probe moe

lol 592 pp
Ddraigon

Frobe wrote:

:O HDHR. Gj, Frobe!

Btw...

Sick with that acc and spinner!
[ Mephisto ]

Frobe wrote:

HDHR....
WujekGrzyb

Frobe wrote:

:o
Congratulations, wow. This is very hard stuff. You've become very pro HR player :3
Salamat
You just know ExGon's gonna try and SS HDHR that. :P

BUT NICE PLAY!!!!! ^-^
Ahri
Bye ikillforpies good luck at school. :(
iiyo
this thread is dead
Yukiteru Amano
Nice rhyme ;w;

Storm- wrote:

this thread is dead
The CTB discussion is dead 9 months ago
Yukiteru Amano
You mean when a special someone deleted it?
autofanboy
rip ctb
Shurelia

alienflybot wrote:

rip ctb
so sad
Laharl

alienflybot wrote:

rip ctb
true story
iiyo
to many people leave and not enough join, if peppy or someone doesn't host a awareness thing for ctb, it will die.

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

You mean when a special someone deleted it?
Yes

Storm- wrote:

to many people leave and not enough join, if peppy or someone doesn't host a awareness thing for ctb, it will die.
CTB is getting worse (TO MY TASTES), I'm not saying it just because I'm an old fag so "the old was better", pp is bad (ppv1 was not as bad as this one since it was about all kind of maps, all kind of CS and ARs, all mods (it was possible to gain pp through HD DT too), now it's just new overdose maps and some really mainstream ones), hypers are bad, HD is bad.

How to gain PP today? Do Crystal's and Spec's overdoses.
How to gain PPv1? Hundreds of maps, from Approved insanity, passing through HD ar9 stuff to even ar7/8 maps adding DT or HR.
Sousaki
Even though the old thread was deleteted... I personally do not think that it would change the situation. Why even bother with posting a score tzzzzzzz. As long as they can play , most of them do not give a fuck about the other stuff. That's what I think.

the maps nowadays are really fun to play
show more