forum

[Archived] Scores doesn't submit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
Problem Details: my scores doesn't submit for some reason, there isn't any score submission error!
After I finish the map I also scroll down to see my map rank and accuracy and all of that, and everything is fine but it doesn't show up in global ranking.
I am going to test it a bit more and post more information, for now I don't think my PP or accuracy changes when this problem occur and it happens quite often, almost all of the time.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141226.7 (latest)
- Marco -
check your firewall?
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

marcostudios wrote:

check your firewall?
I just checked there is nothing blocking it, it shouldn't be the problem since it doesn't happen all the time and before it worked just fine.
and even if I wait the score never show up, nor my stats change or I get any PP.

here some more screenshots:

* in the first screenshot you can see that It displays my rank but not in the global ranking.
ColdTooth
I'm having the same issue, checked everything as they are fine.

I even waited 3 hours.
- Marco -
based on http://stat.ppy.sh/ the database went down for 2 minutes
Bara-
That's only 2 minutes, not the whole time
But I also heard people in #dutch complaining about this
I think it's not your problem now, as many many people experience it
DevRT
I just had this happen to me tonight. Just for one play I had the score not submit. I waited for about 3min hoping the score would submit but nothing ever happened. I also played a map about 10min later to check if score submission still wasn't working and that score did submit (Osu! remained open this whole time).
Seijiro
This issue has been reported already here and it looks like as long as you have your scores updated on your profile, it's fine. Just wait a little since the servers aren't so responsive these days :/
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

[-MrSergio-] wrote:

This issue has been reported already here and it looks like as long as you have your scores updated on your profile, it's fine. Just wait a little since the servers aren't so responsive these days :/
Yes, It looks like after a few days the global ranking score does update, it just takes time.
DevRT
My score still hasn't updated, and I still haven't gained pp from it.
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

DevRT wrote:

My score still hasn't updated, and I still haven't gained pp from it.
Yes that's the real issue here, even though the score had been updated for me I don't think I ever got the PP from it, I am not entirely sure, need more people to confirm it.
VeilStar
You guys....

When score submission failes it's always due to a connection issue.

If you were logged in when you got your score, osu! will retry to submit that score for an hour. (A notificication will pop up at the bottom right.)
If the hour passes, or you have closed osu! since, the score is lost. It's that simple.

Now this is not to be confused with delayed database updates.
In this case your score DID submit, but it will not be under 'global rankings' untill the database updates.
You will see your score under your 'recent plays' (last 24h), but nowhere else, untill it updates.
In this case all you can do is wait a few minutes to a few hours.

The third thing is your pp getting stuck.
In this case your score will be submitted, will be under global rankings, and will be in your top performances list.
However neither your rank nor total pp amount will update.
In this case there's 2 things you can do;
Either gain at least 1 more total pp to get the database to update both the play that forced it to update
and the previous play that it didn't count.
Or you can wait about 24h untill everyone's (including yours) rank gets recalculated.

After this wall of text you should be able to identify your issue and realise that it's not a bug and you won't get your score/pp,
at least not when it's the first case.
Invalidism
I have this problem and I am on a definite stable connection and was not getting score submission failed error messages. Ill check again after I get off work and see if the score submits but its already been 2 hours since I full combo'd a qualified song and didn't get anything for it and I'm still waiting. It also doesn't show up on my profile.
DevRT

VeilStar wrote:

You guys....

When score submission failes it's always due to a connection issue.

If you were logged in when you got your score, osu! will retry to submit that score for an hour. (A notificication will pop up at the bottom right.)
If the hour passes, or you have closed osu! since, the score is lost. It's that simple.

Now this is not to be confused with delayed database updates.
In this case your score DID submit, but it will not be under 'global rankings' untill the database updates.
You will see your score under your 'recent plays' (last 24h), but nowhere else, untill it updates.
In this case all you can do is wait a few minutes to a few hours.

The third thing is your pp getting stuck.
In this case your score will be submitted, will be under global rankings, and will be in your top performances list.
However neither your rank nor total pp amount will update.
In this case there's 2 things you can do;
Either gain at least 1 more total pp to get the database to update both the play that forced it to update
and the previous play that it didn't count.
Or you can wait about 24h untill everyone's (including yours) rank gets recalculated.

After this wall of text you should be able to identify your issue and realise that it's not a bug and you won't get your score/pp,
at least not when it's the first case.

The issue is I was connected, and the game never said "retrying to submit score" or whatever the notification is. The reason I know i was connected is because I never saw the attempting to connect to Bancho notification at the bottom. Also I had a score go through just fine when I played another beatmap around 10min later.
Dytrus
I was playing a ranked multiplayer match, and I finish a song with FC, then I become really happy for that, i going to my profile to check it, and nothing. My score is in local only. There's no error/retry notification, I have a Bancho proof :( I felt soooooooo dumb.
There is a minor bug that duplicates Local Scores (nothing related to this) just for giving it a click and then back.

Pawsu

Dytrus wrote:

I was playing a ranked multiplayer match, and I finish a song with FC, then I become really happy for that, i going to my profile to check it, and nothing. My score is in local only. There's no error/retry notification, I have a Bancho proof :( I felt soooooooo dumb.
There is a minor bug that duplicates Local Scores (nothing related to this) just for giving it a click and then back.

This is an archived post and is 2 years old. Please do not bump this.
If you have a problem, do make a new thread instead of posting here.
Flan_Fan
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP I MIGHT LOSE A 4.3K COMBO HERE PLEASE HELP :((((((((((((
Death

Pawsu wrote:

This is an archived post and is 2 years old. Please do not bump this.
If you have a problem, do make a new thread instead of posting here.