forum

osudl project - find and download beatmaps! [21.1.2015]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shirousagi

Ever wanted to quickly find and download many beatmaps and even filter out the ones you already have, even without osu!direct? Well, here's an app that let's you do exactly that. You can easily find and download beatmaps with the web app and if you want you can also download the client app for windows computers, which filters out maps you already own and can also download and import beatmaps automatically.

http://osudl.usagihacking.com/

Features
web app:
  1. view beatmap listings, change beatmap searches, all without reloading the page
  2. loading several beatmap listing pages at once (has no limit, browser may crash after 120 pages or so...)
  3. original osu! beatmap listing look, feel and functionality (plus a few features)
  4. download beatmaps even without client app, by selecting a beatmap and pressing num1
  5. control playing preview with left and right arrow keys (next/prev), play/pause with spacebar, download to osudl (if running) with num4
  6. completely reworked UI, enjoy the new design!
  7. rabbits
windows tray app:
  1. runs in windows tray, no more ugly consoles :)
  2. automatically connects to osudl webpage
  3. when running, beatmaps that are on the current machine won't show up as search results (filters owned maps)
  4. download any map by selecting it/playing the preview on the webpage and clicking num4
  5. download queue support, download as many maps as you want, they are queued and downloaded one after another
  6. automatically import into osu! once downloaded

As osu!dl relys on the osu! servers you are not limited to downloading ranked beatmaps, so enjoy downloading unranked beatmaps as well :)

New screenshots here:

Current status:

I will be working on a big update whcih will include a new webpage design and a bunch of new features (don't want to spoil anything yet). In the current state the app is "working" (more or less), so I hope it helps anyone. It will take me a fair amount of time to get the new stuff done (also I'm busy with school), so stay tuned.
Howl
Well, this seriously seems neat. Wondering about how you made the integration between the website and the app. Dirty javascript magic? Application detecting the page from the browser? Anyway, keep it up!
- Marco -
Woah, if only it can download directly when i click a link in osu! then 10/10
Topic Starter
shirousagi

marcostudios wrote:

Woah, if only it can download directly when i click a link in osu! then 10/10
It can, when/if it's released I can easily make a greasemonkey script that can download maps via the windows app directly from the official osu! beatmap page.
- Marco -
Also when i click a link on the osu! client (like a /np ?) :D
Topic Starter
shirousagi

marcostudios wrote:

Also when i click a link on the osu! client (like a /np ?) :D
Technically it needs to open the browser window, on which it will instantly (or on some key/buttonpress) initialize the download. Downloading the maps just like the osu!direct isn't in my control and also I'm not trying to replace osu!direct.
My app is mostly intended to discover new maps that you don't have and download a lot of 'em quickly and import them.

For people that need the direct features the supporter tag(https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support) is required and it helps osu! too :)
Topic Starter
shirousagi
First of all, merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone. I'm happy to announce the "release 1" of the osu!dl project. The new UI update is here and most bugs should be fixed too, so I hope you like it. Feedback is appreciated. :)
- Marco -
Couldn't find the osu! folder, check the config or give me more carrots :'(

Howl
Tried it out a bit, seems nice!
Topic Starter
shirousagi

marcostudios wrote:

Couldn't find the osu! folder, check the config or give me more carrots :'(
Yep, a bug that I forgot about, thanks a lot! I pushed a patch which you can get at the website, should work fine now (and without ugly double backslashes) :)
IA42
I can't access the web, it's stuck in "Waiting for osudl.usagihacking.com" :cry:
- Marco -
Yaay! It's working now <3
- Marco -
nvm, little bug, i'm spectating a user and osu!dl is downloading a map over and over again o.o

nvm it happend only one time
Topic Starter
shirousagi

IA42 wrote:

I can't access the web, it's stuck in "Waiting for osudl.usagihacking.com" :cry:
I know :/ ATM I can only host it at my friend's PC, which isn't really the place a webserver should be hosted. Will think of something that let's me remote reboot the server if I see that it hangs, but that's as good as it gets for now.
gintoki147
This is really awesome! o-o
Is there a way to NOT launch the osu! client after the download finishes?

Howl wrote:

Well, this seriously seems neat. Wondering about how you made the integration between the website and the app. Dirty javascript magic? Application detecting the page from the browser? Anyway, keep it up!
I think it's done with websockets, but I never did something like this before, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Topic Starter
shirousagi

gintoki147 wrote:

This is really awesome! o-o
Is there a way to NOT launch the osu! client after the download finishes?

Howl wrote:

I think it's done with websockets, but I never did something like this before, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, this time I chose websockets :) (if anyone knows a better way feel free to suggest that). Currently I made the whole thing "work" (atm has about 1-2 major bugs), so if it gets a wider userbase I'll add some settings like "silent importing" and some other stuff too.
Howl

shirousagi wrote:

IA42 wrote:

I know :/ ATM I can only host it at my friend's PC, which isn't really the place a webserver should be hosted. Will think of something that let's me remote reboot the server if I see that it hangs, but that's as good as it gets for now.
t/263797 maybe?
Topic Starter
shirousagi

Howl wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/263797 maybe?
I'd sure be happy if I could get rid of the troubles with hosting this place, but I'm afraid that it doesn't yet have a fair userbase. I made this project because I'm a student and that's the quickest way of learning some coding. I have enough free time to maintain it, but if I'm gonna do that depends if people actually need it or not.
Homie
The download is 404
Topic Starter
shirousagi

Kirei wrote:

The download is 404
Thanks, should be working alight now. :)
Homie
I would really love to be able to sort by diff, bpm and potential pp(?)
Topic Starter
shirousagi

Kirei wrote:

I would really love to be able to sort by diff, bpm and potential pp(?)
Currently all I can make it do in terms of search/filter functionality is bound to the official osu! beatmap listing. When either the official listing gets this functions or the osu!api gets the functionality to search the BM database (which I hope will someday happen), I can make it happen. :)
Topic Starter
shirousagi
  1. added the queue display feature, you can now see the current download queue in the left osu!dl window
  2. osu!dl now checks if a beatmap is already in the queue, so it doesn't download multiple times
  3. some webpage improvements and bugfixes
Also, a client update is necessary: http://osudl.usagihacking.com/download
gintoki147
Would be nice to be able to use CTRL and SHIFT keys to select multiple beatmaps at once. :D
ma3uk
Pls add extension for autoload beatmap
Topic Starter
shirousagi

ma3uk wrote:

Pls add extension for autoload beatmap
you mean like a creasemonkey script or a feature on the website? Please give me some more details and I'll look into it.

gintoki147 wrote:

Would be nice to be able to use CTRL and SHIFT keys to select multiple beatmaps at once. :D
Good suggestion, as of now in my opinion the structure of the bm listing doesn't require that functionality (low amount of bms loaded at once and also not small enough).
I was preparing a completely new design for some time now and I plan working on it if the osu!api will ever give out all bm info (not just title, artist and so on but also tags, plays, description, etc.) and support unranked bms as well, so I can use the osu!stats api for it and add a lot of sort/filter features that were requested earlier. I'll be sure to include ctrl/shift select features.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I really appreciate it, keep 'em rollin :)
Topic Starter
shirousagi
Hello everyone, we had a few days downtime due to hosting issues, but we're back now. Also we're currently working on remaking the entire webpage and also adding a bunch of new features which should make your life easier ^^. I'm looking forward to the release (soonish) so stay tuned.
Adhana
I will be working on a big update whcih will include a new webpage design and a bunch of new features (don't want to spoil anything yet). In the current state the app is "working" (more or less), so I hope it helps anyone. It will take me a fair amount of time to get the new stuff done (also I'm busy with school), so stay tuned.

http://osudl.usagihacking.com/news
jamjamnewbie
i get "E:\osu!dl\osudl.exe is not a valid Win32 application"
please help
Topic Starter
shirousagi

jamjamnewbie wrote:

please help
hmm, that one seems odd. Anyone else can confirm this? I have tried it on a few different computers and it seemed to work fine.
What windows version are you on?
jamjamnewbie

shirousagi wrote:

jamjamnewbie wrote:

please help
hmm, that one seems odd. Anyone else can confirm this? I have tried it on a few different computers and it seemed to work fine.
What windows version are you on?
windows xp
Mazo
I personally love the look of the web app and will be using it from now on. However I don't feel like it adds anything new, for supporters at least.

I'm not sure if its an entirely realistic idea but I would love to be able to download many beat maps with a single click.
For example:
If I wanted to download all the current qualified osu! beat maps that I didn't have downloaded already, I could select these search options then click a single button that would automatically queue all beat maps that are currently shown.
This would also be useful if I wanted all ranked maps of a certain artist or mapper.
Topic Starter
shirousagi

Mazo Ketsui wrote:

I personally love the look of the web app and will be using it from now on. However I don't feel like it adds anything new, for supporters at least.

I'm not sure if its an entirely realistic idea but I would love to be able to download many beat maps with a single click.
For example:
If I wanted to download all the current qualified osu! beat maps that I didn't have downloaded already, I could select these search options then click a single button that would automatically queue all beat maps that are currently shown.
This would also be useful if I wanted all ranked maps of a certain artist or mapper.
Hello, I didn't really find the time to post any status updates. The project is going to be merged into the "osu agency" project which we're currently working on and it will include:
  1. a beatmap search api (already almost bug-free) with a lot of filtering/sorting features - so searching by mapper names only is no problem
  2. an advanced, pretty beatmap listing with combined filter support
  3. the osu!stats project with overhauled design
  4. a better working (hopefully bug-free) osu!dl client app (with some new features maybe?)
  5. some more stuff at a later date... :)
Thanks for the support, I'll definitely add features like batch selecting/downloading maps when I'm done with some design/code stuff. As always, suggestions are much appreciated, we're trying our best with the time we have ^^

Also, here's a sneak peek of the grid-listing (still in development):
KuraiSuzume
couldn't read the "Songs" directory, is it in the osu! folder?
Error with osudl.exe
Is it possible to set the path manualy?

My Songs file is in a different disk than Osu!
show more