forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
E m i
glycogen
B1rd
you were joking? It doesn't particularly seem like you're joking when you get defensive about something.
I Give Up
The xmas spirit is real in this thread.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

KukiMonster wrote:

How was your Christmas? I had a feast with relatives and extended family, then proceeded to stomp their kids at Smash bros. no mercy, which was pretty immature of me, but the kids had it coming when they started talking shit.
I Give Up
I got sick and stuck in bed. It was great.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

KukiMonster wrote:

I got sick and stuck in bed. It was great.
Well at least the spirit never leaves youi
Kunino Sagiri
sounds like a serious case of #madcuzbad
ZenithPhantasm

Woobowiz wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

How was your Christmas? I had a feast with relatives and extended family, then proceeded to stomp their kids at Smash bros. no mercy, which was pretty immature of me, but the kids had it coming when they started talking shit.
I think you take games a little too seriously judging from the way you act.
winber1
did someone say christmas spirit?
Granger
Woobowiz rank as of now.

Honestly though, i thought your goal was to become the best player (ie good at pretty much everything) not #1 by chasing pps. Im dissapoint but eh.
winber1
nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
wise

Granger wrote:

Honestly though, i thought your goal was to become the best player (ie good at pretty much everything) not #1 by chasing pps. Im dissapoint but eh.
it's a work in progress, get off my case will ya?
cheezstik
Why does everyone think going for PP means you're not getting better? Even with PP farm maps, there's a limit, you are still going to eventually hit a wall (Even remote control DT is a pp farm map, and the current wall as of today). You can overcome that wall by becoming better, and it will show, when you have more PP.

Sure, woobowiz is a little unbalanced in terms of skill, maybe favoring DT a little and neglecting no-mod / HR, but getting better at DT is still getting better, and bringing him closer to being the best.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

cheezstik wrote:

Sure, woobowiz is a little unbalanced in terms of skill, maybe favoring DT a little and neglecting no-mod / HR, but getting better at DT is still getting better, and bringing him closer to being the best.
My heart for DT.

In most cases No mod maps that give me pp are so tricky @_@, on other cases "how is this 5.3 stars it's at least 5.6 level?" or "why is 99% acc on this only 190 pp, it should be at least 220". Tillerino has ruined me on that regard, thus I lose interest in most no-mod maps too easily.

Playing tons of DT won't help me learn OD 9/10 tho. I already cry wth OD 8 + DT...... I honestly don't know how HR players do it.

Hidden is weird as fk for me, definitely an acquired skill.

Also.....do elaborate by what you mean by "Unbalanced in terms of skill" because what followed that statement was more of "unbalance in terms of mods", I already know I suck dick at OD 9/10, so let's put that aside as 1 freebie.
cheezstik

Woobowiz wrote:

Also.....do elaborate by what you mean by "Unbalanced in terms of skill" because what followed that statement was more of "unbalance in terms of mods", I already know I suck dick at OD 9/10, so let's put that aside as 1 freebie.
Obviously it depends on the map, but generally DT is mostly the skill of speed, HR is mostly the skill of accuracy / precision if cs6.5, and no-mod can be either depending on the map (remote control vs rog unlimitation as an example), so your profile tells me you're a fast player, but it doesn't tell me anything about your consistency or accuracy or reading. (Keep in mind I haven't been following your progress and don't watch your vids, so this is purely from looking at your profile).
chainpullz
Honestly HR is the mod you play when OD7/OD8 becomes a handicap in terms of pp gain for the maps you can fc with 99% accuracy. DT is the mod you play when you have fast aim and tapping but are bad when it comes to complexity. The obvious issue with nomod is that complexity does not get measured very well so nomod maps get really difficult really fast with a low OD handicap to make earning pp from them a pain in the ass despite their difficulty. (I'm using complexity ambiguously as a blanket term here to describe a lot of different things)

Also, HR is underrated in terms of star difficulty since OD is not a factor (but it is for pp). Take that for whatever it's worth when comparing pp values vs star difficulties.

Edit: This is all how I see it based on my experiences.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

cheezstik wrote:

so your profile tells me you're a fast player, but it doesn't tell me anything about your consistency or accuracy or reading. (Keep in mind I haven't been following your progress and don't watch your vids, so this is purely from looking at your profile).
For either side of the argument, admitting to having only glanced at my top plays doesn't provide a solid base, and I have yet to receive any specific answer to my initial question.

I can admit that my accuracy is horrible (98% acc scores on OD 7 + DT? 97% acc on OD 8 + DT? absolutely disgustingly bad), but I wish to blame my poor sense of rhythm for that.

If you're wary of my reading ability, then you're free to check any of those maps yourself and make that decision for yourself.

chainpullz wrote:

DT is the mod you play when you have fast aim and tapping but are bad when it comes to complexity.

Also, HR is underrated in terms of star difficulty since OD is not a factor (but it is for pp). Take that for whatever it's worth when comparing pp values vs star difficulties.

Edit: This is all how I see it based on my experiences.
There are plenty of complex DT maps, are you sure you're looking at the right DT maps?
I agree Hard Rock is underrated in terms of star difficulty, but you also brought up the point that this factor is compensated by its pp value. But by no means should anyone compare star difficulty ratings between mods, especially between HR and DT.
cheezstik
Ok let's just put it this way, I already told you my statement was mostly assumption based since I haven't really been following you, so according to your profile, your skill set is unbalanced since DT, no-mod, and HR generally depend mostly on different skill sets, and 95+% of your top ranks are DT.

Woobowiz wrote:

I have yet to receive any specific answer to my initial question.
Well, your initial question was

Woobowiz wrote:

do elaborate by what you mean by "Unbalanced in terms of skill"
and I did elaborate on what I meant. Whether or not what I meant is correct is a different matter, since, like I said, I was just basing it off your profile.

Either way, this is all kinda irrelevant anyway, since DT is still a way of playing the game, and I would respect someone for getting to #1 playing literally only DT with 95% accuracy. Keep up the good work woob, whether it's in the form of DT, no-mod, or HR, it's good either way if you're gaining PP.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

cheezstik wrote:

Either way, this is all kinda irrelevant anyway, since DT is still a way of playing the game, and I would respect someone for getting to #1 playing literally only DT with 95% accuracy. Keep up the good work woob, whether it's in the form of DT, no-mod, or HR, it's good either way if you're gaining PP.
The support is much appreciated and I understand what you meant now.

If I suddenly do get a No-mod top play though, it's probably some monstrously good play where I'm in rare form (Installation though, might be my first high pp no mod play though)

I wouldn't expect any high pp HR scores though.......ever
B1rd
The first few hours of Christmas I spent in front of my computer. Then I went to bed.
chainpullz
I'm referring more to the fact that at any given pp-value the DT maps will be significantly less complex than the nomod maps since they are much faster. HR maps are somewhere between DT and nomod in terms of complexity but make up for it by disallowing you to bullshit your way though sections with a lot of (on od7/8) 50's/100's and/or near mis-aims.

As far as complexity (still ambiguous), increasing the speed of a map doesn't really make it any more complex. More difficult, yes. You have to aim faster, tap faster, and read faster but it's fundamentally the same mapping of notes just sped up a bit. The mapping itself is just as complex under one bpm as it is under another. In this sense, I would say that DT is far less complex than HR/nomod of the same pp-value.

Note that there are outliers to these generalizations such as jump heavy maps. Very generally speaking though, the average complexity of maps increase as their nomod star difficulties increase.
D e s
Why you seems 'aggresive' compare to several months before, or is it just me

People change when they at top? Idk
chainpullz
Probably more so because of work/studies devouring his time than because of rank if I were to venture a guess.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

D e s wrote:

People change when they at top? Idk
egotripping over osu ranking, which is essentially a single player ladder until you're top 3 is funny
Deathripi

Woobowiz wrote:

I wouldn't expect any high pp HR scores though.......ever
You have just closed off your Road to Cookiezi-Tier. I request a lock on this thread due to lying title.

Karuta-_old_1

Deathripi wrote:

You have just closed off your Road to Cookiezi-Tier. I request a lock on this thread due to lying title.

Woobowiz wrote:

Note how I state that it's THE road, not my road.
No you don't
E m i

Woobowiz wrote:

This is the road to become Cookiezi-level at Osu!
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Gotta love that fail safe :^)

Also I seem more aggressive because people have become more and more accusatory and antagonizing over time rather than supportive. But it's inevitable, as the shitposters are more vocal than the supporters in this sub-forum
Deathripi

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

This is the road to become Cookiezi-level at Osu!
:?
winber1
wooby i love you <3

ganbatte
E m i

Woobowiz wrote:

as the shitposters are more vocal than the supporters in this sub-forum
:arrow:

winber1 wrote:

wooby i love you <3

ganbatte
:shock:
FlamingRok
I too am not the biggest fan of Woobowiz (well if I am to be honest, the thread, but). However, I can respect the effort he's putting forth into reaching a high level of skill. All I can really say is,

Fight your way out of the herd. Reach those higher ranks and prove the others wrong, if you can. You haven't stopped yet, so why should you now?
inb4 autism comments or something equally dumb because good job community
Deathripi

FlamingRok wrote:

I too am not the biggest fan of Woobowiz (well if I am to be honest, the thread, but). However, I can respect the effort he's putting forth into reaching a high level of skill. All I can really say is,

Fight your way out of the herd. Reach those higher ranks and prove the others wrong, if you can. You haven't stopped yet, so why should you now?
inb4 autism comments or something equally dumb because good job community
*Inserts autism comment here*
winber1

[ Momiji ] wrote:

winber1 wrote:

wooby i love you <3

ganbatte
:shock:
this guy is jealous because he has no lover

pls leave
E m i

winber1 wrote:

this guy is jealous because he has no lover

pls leave
come at me fgt :(
winber1
you don't even 420

i don't need to waste my time on casual scrubs
chainpullz
People are just salty because they don't have the motivation and/or time (most likely the former) to play as much as you and thus aren't progressing as much per unit of real time. Also the name cookiezi is a bit of a controversial because a lot of people hero-worship him and a lot of other people find that really obnoxious.

I for one think your motivation is commendable and your progress to be realistic given the amount you've played. Honestly HR is something you can pick up later. Some people say that if you master ar10.3 then HR follows naturally.
Te Amo
Road to PP farming
winber1
it took me almost 5 years and i'm almost halfway there to learning hr
gregest
fuck you guys,I'm Cookiezi k,now you can go sleep,bai fgts
show more