posted
Total Posts
show more
Haskorion
You can't afaik.
aolmenki
That makes me very sad :( it would be really cool if we could
- Marco -
Ok so, i use IIDX MANIA 1.0 skin as my osu!mania skin. Due to recent skinning changes the background is now trasparent instead of black and the notes are smaller

How can i switch t the old (good) one?

Haskorion
These lines would be the ones to look out for.
ColumnWidth: 50,50,50,50,50,50,50

Colour#: x,x,x,255 (# is for the specific lane)

ColumnWidth seems to be changed to real pixel width.

Colours are in RGBA where A controls the transparency of a lane. 0 is transparent and 255 is solid.

EDIT: about the notes, seems something is broken as I only see small lines. nvm after restarting worked fine again.

a1l2d3r4e5d6
How do you make the follow point look like a line? Would you just make a lined shape follow point, or is this the animated follow point? If so then how would you go about in making it?
example:
Azkasure
For test i am using

volume-bg@2x
http://gyazo.com/a7550a14934c06028dd9a7b06abda5de

volume-bg-effect@2x
http://gyazo.com/bd63616ddc0eee130b803eaa13ba4143

but i get this
http://gyazo.com/411a1be813372b288faea8a42b682c41

I am using the effect filename wrong ?

i used this page for reference https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning
Haskorion
the file name is correct and I assume you already play in HD.

volume-bg-effect is not an overlay to show the volume level, it is the background when you change the volume level of sound effects manually like you would adjust the normal volume during or between plays.
This can be done by holding down the "Alt"-button while changing the volume with the mousewheel or arrowkeys. This is where volume-bg-effect shows up.
Azkasure
AH! xD i see it now ~
- Milhofo -

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

How do you make the follow point look like a line? Would you just make a lined shape follow point, or is this the animated follow point? If so then how would you go about in making it?
example:
You have several followpoint image files, from 0 to 9 (I think), the length of the followpoint is determined by the number of those files that are not blank (the 5th file is the center of the "followline"). Just get a skin that has line followpoints and see for yourself how they should look like. The file name should be "followpoint-x.png", replace x by a number.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Ah I see... thank you for the help. :)
nakanotsu nimi
hello! i'm making a taiko skin but i encountered a problem, approach circle on standart and taiko mode aren't diferent files, on taiko mode it looks just fine, but in standart mode it looks so weird lol. i want standart to be different :( is there any way to fix it? thanks

Haskorion
You can make a skin for taiko only and have this approachcircle there. Just make a folder named "taiko" put your taiko elements there and go to the options ingame. go to the skin section there and enable "use taiko skin for taiko mode". Everytime you play taiko this taiko skin will automatically be used, regardless of your skin. On your skin for standard you will use another approachcircle of course.
nakanotsu nimi
got it, thank you very much :)
-Atri-
I actually don't know does the picture that used for skins are R-15 or R-18
deadbeat
ok guys, this page is now updated. https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini
HUGE thanks to smoogipooo for providing me with a template skin.ini with most of the //comments already attached :3
KatouMegumi
little problem with spinner
Toasty-kun
hey everyone,

Since the new Osu, i've been having problems with my CtB skin. the "Character" won't change.
It's named:
- fruit-catcher-fail.png,
- fruit-catcher-fail@2x.png,
- fruit-catcher-idle.png,
- fruit-catcher-idle@2x.png,
- fruit-catcher-kiai.png
- fruit-catcher-kiai@2x.png

these were working on the old Osu! but now i have the one from the original osu! skin.
any ideas?

thx alot ;)
Ayesha Altugle
Change the Version in the skin.ini to

Version: 2.3
Hotaru Ahomiya
This is happening with the new update. How can I fix?
OsuMe65
[General]
Version: 2.4

Try this. If fails, edit manually
Telerator
is score-comma.png used anywhere in the game?
Garygoh884

Telerator wrote:

is score-comma.png used anywhere in the game?
score-comma.png can be used for accuracy if the decimal point comma (,) is used for specific languages. score-dot.png will be used otherwise.
clayton
hi,
I'm having some issues with my hitcircleoverlay at the moment. For a while now, I've been using hitcirlceoverlay-0.png to effectively have an overlay only at the beginning of a slider. This has been working fine until I changed the image.

This is what it looks like currently, but the only thing that was different previously was the lack of the inner light-blue portion.

And this is the result in-game. It still works fine on hitcircles, but the sliders' overlay is entirely gone.

I'd have to assume that it has something to do with the middle of an overlay having to be transparent, but I still don't really get why it wouldn't work. Thanks in advance if you can help explain this to me.
Haskorion
The overlay-0 method only works with "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1" in the skin.ini file, so that means you have to use a transparent middlepart in the overlay to see the number.
[ Emerick ]
How do I stop colored sparks from appearing when I hit notes?
Rio-

[ Emerick ] wrote:

How do I stop colored sparks from appearing when I hit notes?
Uncheck "Hit Lightning" in the options? or replace lighting.png with a blank *.png file...
OsuMe65
if you meant the whole effect itself:
1. Follow Rio-
2. make particle50/100/300 blank as well
lolfood
I think he means star2.png, just make a a 1*1 blank image.
[ Emerick ]
this
Hinei
How to make reverse arrow static?
OsuMe65
reversearrow is already static. The twitching behavior is a staple behavior of osu!. Can't avoid that.
-Maus-
http://speedy.sh/d2YKw/Nexus.rar
Since yesterday (or 2 days ago) 4k mania skin is broken- the rightmost column is a few pixels spaced from the border. I use 1280x1024 fullscreen res. I was told it's caused by latest skin.ini format change. Could someone change the ini in the archive so it works correctly, please?
Timorisu
Is there any way to adjust MenuGlow now? :o
AndRay2014
How do I adjust the skin for the new countdown?
Rise_old_1
I noticed in some old osu!standard gameplay that the Hitcircle's / Hitcircleoverlay's used to expand more (and decay slower) is there any way I can get that effect now or maybe use an older version (I assume that's not gonna work anyways).
iRAWkTheWorld
Hey, urm I want my Combo Colour to be black but then it turns my approach circle to be black also. This makes it hard to see the approach circle on maps with dark backgrounds. Is there any way to get around this while still keeping the combo color black.

Thank you in advance.
Use a black hitcircleoverlay (and SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 in the skin.ini too if you want the sliders to be black as well)
IA42

Timorisu wrote:

Is there any way to adjust MenuGlow now? :o
There's no way to adjust this now, Please follow this --> t/270736 or this t/269825

AndRay2014 wrote:

How do I adjust the skin for the new countdown?
New countdown is auto adjust to centered in your screen, but if you wanna old count down add this
Version: 1.0
to your skin.ini file under [general] section

Rise wrote:

I noticed in some old osu!standard gameplay that the Hitcircle's / Hitcircleoverlay's used to expand more (and decay slower) is there any way I can get that effect now or maybe use an older version (I assume that's not gonna work anyways).
I don't get it :| you mean this -->
Rise_old_1

Rise wrote:

I don't get it :| you mean this -->
[/quote]

The after-effect of clicking the hitcircle's was expanded more and decayed slower, as showed ^ (old video)
iRAWkTheWorld

inverness wrote:

Use a black hitcircleoverlay (and SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 in the skin.ini too if you want the sliders to be black as well)
That will change all combo colors to be black, I just want one combo to be black and one to be green, but for the black combos the hit circle is turned black which is difficult to see the hit circle on dark maps. The problem isn't really making the combo is black, it is the fact OSU is turning my hit circle black also xD
show more