forum

osu! UK Tournament 4 Over! bahamete wins! (6-0)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VirtualMuffin
The training begins

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2334589
bahamete
Thoughts on mappool:
In nomod, Sinead is way too easy. Fire Hive is harder than the star diff suggests and I think is okay.
Overall we must realise that this is a 128-participant tournament; if we started on 5-star diffs, it would be extremely unfair to the low seeds. To the high seeds who think this pool is way too slow, it's just one match. It will get harder next round.

Sinead, though, is way too easy, even for a 50k player (was that the upper bound of ranks?). It's more like an easy Hard diff. I know Mahiro likes this map and wants to leave it in. Maybe it could fit in HR bracket, but that would make it AR10, which is too difficult for low seeds, I guess.

This map was considered by him, I think it fits well.
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad

bahamete wrote:

Thoughts on mappool:
In nomod, Sinead is way too easy. Fire Hive is harder than the star diff suggests and I think is okay.
Overall we must realise that this is a 128-participant tournament; if we started on 5-star diffs, it would be extremely unfair to the low seeds. To the high seeds who think this pool is way too slow, it's just one match. It will get harder next round.

Sinead, though, is way too easy, even for a 50k player (was that the upper bound of ranks?). It's more like an easy Hard diff. I know Mahiro likes this map and wants to leave it in. Maybe it could fit in HR bracket, but that would make it AR10, which is too difficult for low seeds, I guess.

This map was considered by him, I think it fits well.
If you really don't like sinead pick, please say something constructive like this in the future.

IE, explain why its not good, explain how, give suggestions.

And I'll listen.

Thank you baha.
VirtualMuffin
From the point of view from someone at 42k.

Sinead is a map i think i could fc by the time my match starts. However, the accuracy isn't gonna be as high as the slow streams do get me!

Therefore, i think anyone in the tournament can pass sinead. However fc with high accuracy is another matter. (Please make me look bad if I'm wrong!)
Decelvice

VirtualMuffin wrote:

The training begins

http://prntscr.com/5g4r5t so it does.
Hydria

Decelvice wrote:

VirtualMuffin wrote:

The training begins

http://prntscr.com/5g4r5t so it does.
It's good to see practice is going well for everyone.

bahamete wrote:

Thoughts on mappool:
In nomod, Sinead is way too easy.
SHIT NEED TO CHANGE MY PICK LIST (Looks like no AR8 picks in this match then)

On a more serious note, this wouldn't have been a bad AR8 choice. Jumps, streams, good patterns, all in all fun.
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
Remove or keep, up to people

http://strawpoll.me/3179654
Toran

bahamete wrote:

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

pick ar8 :^)))
DON'T GIVE HIM ADVICE TO BEAT ME YOU UNPROFESSIONAL FUCK
AR9 worked alright too last year, just lower the AR every year right? Bahamete can't possibly win then 8-)
Spayyce

missed signup

EDIT: New page. >.>
Decelvice

KyleDinny wrote:

missed signup

EDIT: New page. >.>
rest in peace
vidya
NoMod
Nekomata Master - Far east nightbird (kors k Remix) [Another] - aw man it's 4 minutes
Chata - Harukaze Dance [Insane] - nice an easy
Knife Party - Fire Hive [Wob-Wob-Wob-Wob-WHEEEEE] - have been attempting this DT wub wub
Eoin O' Broin - Static [Another] - SO SLOW
Within Temptation - Sinead [Insane] - idk

Hidden
SirensCeol - Nightmare (Maxin Remix) [Another] - Jesus christ what is this? It's like playing with bloody easy mod? Please no! lol nvm I was playing Advanced instead of Another. The slow bit REALLY throws me off, would be easy SS otherwise
Kozato - 45nen no Yukizakura [Another] - Alright I got this

HardRock
DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE [Hyper] DownloadHere - easy
Insert Rupee - Facing Fears (OC ReMix) [Hard] - even easier

DoubleTime
Hashimoto Miyuki - Symphonic Love (Short Ver.) [Hard] - spinnerboys http://puu.sh/dtpYT.png
XS Project - Ya tashchus' ot kolotushek [Hyper] - good pick!

Freemod
Yousei Teikoku - Deep Sea [Nemis] - oh this is that mapset that I couldn't SS even after like 100 tries
Draw The Emotional - Sad Spring [Lunatic] - hiddenboys

Tiebreaker
SOUND HOLIC - Drive My Life [Lunatic] - keep getting 100s because it's slow ;~;
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad

vidya wrote:

NoMod
Nekomata Master - Far east nightbird (kors k Remix) [Another] - aw man it's 4 minutes
Chata - Harukaze Dance [Insane] - nice an easy
Knife Party - Fire Hive [Wob-Wob-Wob-Wob-WHEEEEE] - have been attempting this DT wub wub
Eoin O' Broin - Static [Another] - SO SLOW
Within Temptation - Sinead [Insane] - idk

Hidden
SirensCeol - Nightmare (Maxin Remix) [Another] - Jesus christ what is this? It's like playing with bloody easy mod? Please no! lol nvm I was playing Advanced instead of Another. The slow bit REALLY throws me off, would be easy SS otherwise
Kozato - 45nen no Yukizakura [Another] - Alright I got this

HardRock
DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE [Hyper] DownloadHere - easy
Insert Rupee - Facing Fears (OC ReMix) [Hard] - even easier

DoubleTime
Hashimoto Miyuki - Symphonic Love (Short Ver.) [Hard] - spinnerboys http://puu.sh/dtpYT.png
XS Project - Ya tashchus' ot kolotushek [Hyper] - good pick!

Freemod
Yousei Teikoku - Deep Sea [Nemis] - oh this is that mapset that I couldn't SS even after like 100 tries
Draw The Emotional - Sad Spring [Lunatic] - hiddenboys

Tiebreaker
SOUND HOLIC - Drive My Life [Lunatic] - keep getting 100s because it's slow ;~;
Think of this as easier than ro64 from outk3, then ro64 should be around the same as oukt3.
Jerome
I like the map pool in general but I think some are just much easier than others. SirensCeol is probably the hardest song and it's a HD pick
gadrin
dA MaPpOol is grt gys, its fast and ppl wh sai itz 2esy nd thy don lyk it ar obvisly noobs????? lol

I thnk tht it is perfctly hard and I will rekt evryon wif my pr0 skilz of strems hahaha lol

why no ar10.3 pics? i men, i am pro cz i can ply ar10.3, i totly wana rek this nubs who cant even ply ar10.3 hahaha xd
MoeYandere

gadrin wrote:

If I don't get past the first three rounds i will eat a whole A4 sheet of paper. This should motivate me.

Zweihander- wrote:

"Players with a rank under 50'000k can not enter"... Wait, so what's the entry requirements then?
50,000k is a big number...

and I'm guessing that the entry requirements are to be under 50k? :p
Sir. Gadrin the First and those who know me....i cannot participate in this tournament because of university examinations
I will proceed to hang myself :o
gadrin

-MoeYandere- wrote:

Sir. Gadrin the First and those who know me....i cannot participate in this tournament because of university examinations
I will proceed to hang myself :o
rip :CCCC
Starry-
Sinead is a fine pick I think. Accuracy map if anything, not sure why people are complaining about it.

Overall I think the mappool is good considering this is RO128. No maps really throw me off and feel out of place, personally, although I think newer players will really struggle on Fire Hive / Far east nightbird.
We'll see~
daredakke
I don't see any problems with the map pool so far.

Knowing me I'll still mess up on the easier stuff, but there are maps I can take advantage of.
Hydria
To make the match between me and bahamete as fair as possible, I've decided to go climbing the rankings. Now, I haven't had too much time to play due to uni work but I have managed to climb 14,400 ranks within 9 days leaving me at 34,400 and aim to get to top 5K before the my match in 25 days. (This may have skewed Mahiro Yasaka's original seeding plan) :)

Vuelo Eluko

Hydria wrote:

To make the match between me and bahamete as fair as possible, I've decided to go climbing the rankings. Now, I haven't had too much time to play due to uni work but I have managed to climb 14,400 ranks within 9 days leaving me at 34,400 and aim to get to top 5K before the my match in 25 days. (This may have skewed Mahiro Yasaka's original seeding plan) :)

Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
No if you read

"When you apply, your country rank is taken and seeded (from registration)"

Seeding is how I inteded to have it.
Hydria
DISCLAIMER: The previous post contained mostly sarcasm and was not meant to be taken seriously and was not meant to offend anyone in any way.
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
assumed the bit at the end was you didn't know :P.

just dont 1 miss like me and your on the road to victory.

Edit.
bahamete

Hydria wrote:

I'm legit scared because of how much training you're doing
Good luck getting to 5K!!
Vibroxide
time to climb from 22k to sub 1k rank in 3 weeks :^)
Hydria

bahamete wrote:

I'm legit scared because of how much training you're doing
Good luck getting to 5K!!
Time to abuse my hands with 5.5+ star songs
LET THE FAILING COMMENCE

ONE DAY...

EDIT: Forgot how quotes work woops
EDIT 2: Better video
EDIT 3:
uee
face with medical mask
sargeant_pig
I'm against PortalLife 0.o GG I'm gunna get wrecked. :cry:
Lapis-
Nah i'm terrible u'll wreck me
Hydria

sargeant_pig wrote:

PortalLife wrote:

You'll both do as bad as eachother and then someone will die in the tiebreaker.
Scootawoo

Hydria wrote:

sargeant_pig wrote:

PortalLife wrote:

You're all terrible But I'm worse than all of you put together!
sargeant_pig

sargeant_pig wrote:

PortalLife wrote:

Hydria wrote:

Tie-breaker is the only map I can full combo in this map pool lol

Picture is big, i'm new to this puush thing. Anyway to make it resize on upload? Picture seems to have corrected itself when I actually posted the post nvm.

That sinead one, I just can't be bothered to do since AR8 :(
Hydria
It's only 1000 notes, how hard can it be? The words haunt my mind, urge me to try and try again, pushing myself to the limit, until my fingers give in...

Thanks Mahiro for replacing "Call Me Maybe" at the top of my most played songs with something that actually sounds good.
casmith789
:/ Can't believe I didn't see this. Oh well.

If anyone drops out, I'd like to join.
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
http://challonge.com/OUKT4

Challonge bracket is locked, and i have voting up on ALL matches, who do you thinks gonna win.

Vote now bois
Hydria

Just gonna sit here and watch bahamete's % go higher now. ._. #gottabelieve
AJT
I'm probably gonna choke on every map :^)
uee
I've only just realized how fucked I am with this. Ah well.
Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
New logo hype.

Topic Starter
Doomsday is Bad
GFX basically all done thanks to Static Noise Bird

http://www.twitch.tv/oukt3

And I have also posted donation links on the twitch page to go to extra life, 4 da kidz yo.
show more