forum

Approach Rate Calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLukay
So since some time osu! features approachrates with 1 decimal and the question i asked myself, was how do i get to know the approachrates between whole numbers?.
Probably everybody knows the ARTable, but extending that to 0.1 steps would make it way too big.
I took myself the time to make a small program that can calculate any AR and "time in ms" related to it with any of the four mods that have influence on the AR.

If you want to try it out, here it is:
ARCalculator <--DEAD

new link

I hope you like it.
Criticism and suggestions are welcome.
I may also graph all mods if i have the time
Edit from 2018: I'm not working on this anymore as I have gone highly inactive in osu but the program itself is still usable

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

10.07.2018: fixed the dead link, so if you still want to use it, go ahead

Changelog:

Initial release
-----
Calculation error reported by Deimos is fixed
Modded AR and Base time fields clear when no mod is selected(suggested by Oinari-sama) cursor is focused on the AR text field at start-up
DroidBass
That's an awesome job! also do a clever program that can calculate aswell OD and CS values if possible. And it's curiusly, it's going to gain some importance now because people CAN now use 1 decimal in map settings to make "more exotic" mapping likely with CS3.5 and even more if considering HR over CS3.5.
Topic Starter
TheLukay

DroidBass wrote:

That's an awesome job! also do a clever program that can calculate aswell OD and CS values if possible. And it's curiusly, it's going to gain some importance now because people CAN now use 1 decimal in map settings to make "more exotic" mapping likely with CS3.5 and even more if considering HR over CS3.5.
As far as I know AR and OD calculation are the same, except OD is capped at 10(i think)
dont know though if it also works like this for HP Drain
I gotta look up how CS changes.

may make a program for all 4 XD
Deimos
Nice Job, but there are currently bugs in the calculation.

AR10 + HR + HT = AR8.5 = 675ms

AR 11 = 300ms
xasuma
I made this before,just for dt tho. And I didnt bother with low ar.
Full Tablet

Deimos wrote:

Nice Job, but there are currently bugs in the calculation.

AR10 + HR + HT = AR8.5 = 675ms
AR10 + HR + HT = 600ms = AR9
(The AR table you used has wrong values for HT).
Oinari-sama
The "Modded AR" and time needs to be cleared when a new calculation is submitted.

At the moment they are still shown after all the mods are remvoed.
Topic Starter
TheLukay
Thanks guys,

I'll be fixing these errors as soon as possible. fixed
d3xless
Do you have the source code anywhere to see? Would be awesome!
Topic Starter
TheLukay

d3xless wrote:

probably not going to happen because the code contains the algorithm for the apporach rate and I am not sure if I get in trouble if i publish that.
xasuma

TheLukay wrote:

d3xless wrote:

probably not going to happen because the code contains the algorithm for the apporach rate and I am not sure if I get in trouble if i publish that.
You should be ok . Is not meant to be a secret I dont think.
Yasuh
My computer says its virus :/
semaphore

thefakejj wrote:

My computer says its virus :/
1 year bump good shit
NoAccFound
my computer says it's a trojan also
Topic Starter
TheLukay
Well the program has no certificate or whatever is needed so that Windows knows it's not a harmful program. You can always let an antivirus tool check the program. Windows own malware/virus detection is bullshit anyway.
Monstrata
Just hover over the AR/OD/HP settings and you can see the exact values.
kooltyme
It doesn't work anymore
Topic Starter
TheLukay
link is fixed in case anyone cares
_LACH
link for the calculator doesnt work?
same with the ARTable link seems to be broken
WitherMite

_LACH wrote:

link for the calculator doesnt work?
same with the ARTable link seems to be broken
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gi5e85UnwkPsxz6M9b6MPBYbfQtmT4IyfSWPp-RA7TQ/edit#gid=0