forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Vapor
It was distributed in 12 cities around the UK too
deadbeat
ah crap. i wasn't paying attention. pretty sure i missed the Eon Ticket :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I know some Pokémon... uhh... Play(?) organizations were also giving them, but idk any of the locations...

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Actually, do online streetpass and you may also get it.
Any proof/source on this?
Giralda

Blazevoir wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Actually, do online streetpass and you may also get it.
Any proof/source on this?
I think it's common knowledge that if you StreetPass someone who has the Eon Ticket, regardless of method, it would be given to you via BuzzNav.

Homepassing is an alternative, if you really want it. Whether or not it's an ethical method is all on you. Nothing really hurts from doing it (since I got mines via Homepass)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Pass By doesn't really count as Streetpassing though, which is why I asked for proof. Not even Serebii or Bulbapedia mention anything about it.
Jinxy
I am pretty sure online passing-by is not streetpass. Everyone and their grandmother would have gotten a ticket by now considering how many people you pass by just by switching on PSS once.

There is the relay point thing but I don't know if Australia has any
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Updated my QR codes for (possibly) the last time due to Flag count. Most of them are at one spot now. Two particular designs will probably annoy you, so I made two other codes where it was less tedious to get around.
Jinxy
I realised what ORAS was missing

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GB_Sounds
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I was asking for that even before the games came out, lol.
SPOILER
At least we still get the retro battle themes when going after certain Legendaries.
Navizel
Is there a trick to getting flags fast?

Seeing the op and how eb games aus are giving Eon Ticket, I guess I got mine as well at EB Games near my place. Either that or I just got really lucky that I passed through someone with Eon Ticket.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Is there a trick to getting flags fast?
SPOILER
Switch out your Base Pals with those you Streetpassed/Passed By, then talk to them (at your Base). If you're lucky, they'll give you some; the amount given is the same amount they picked up before they Streetpassed/Passed By. You can potentially get up to 30 (or probably more) Flags from each person.

(I'll unspoiler this by January on the OP.)
Vapor
I'm not sure why but it would feel a bit cheap to me to abuse that method
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's not abusing if it's part of the game, but whatever floats your boat *shrugs*
Navizel
got the square one mat finally

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

got the square one mat finally

Ah, one of the Mats that'll drive people crazy... Anyway, updated.
DestinySonata
the mats that go like > v < ^ (makes you go in circles a few times until it turns off) drive me crazy
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

DestinySonata wrote:

the mats that go like > v < ^ (makes you go in circles a few times until it turns off) drive me crazy
I actually have one of those in my Base, but it's only a one-time use (Red) unlike the other two (Blue is three, Yellow is FIVE).

There ARE worse Decorations, though... I even outright deleted someone's Base from my game because of them ._.
Ciunek
That decoration that makes you go around 8 or 9 steps is a condition for automatical removal for me. I absolutely HATE that crap.
Not to mention there are some morons that set up Grunts to block their PCs.
Sometimes both of the things above. Bonus points if they have PCs outside of initial screen's range and you can't see them, and turns out they're blocked...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just wait till you find Bases that use Invisible Dolls to completely block off the Base's owner/Flag...

Actually... I should probably post rules/etiquette on the OP.
Navizel
There's a secret base where the owner is blocking his PC. It's hilarious because he thinks nobody can't get his flag if he blocked it. And then there's this guy with the red warp panel with lots of spin panels and square one mat. It took me 4 times to get to his PC. It's annoying but I gotta say the design is good.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I also found some where it looks like (major emphasis on looks like) the Flag is blocked because of Chairs and/or the Trainer is blocked because of diagonal placement to an open space... or Chairs.
Placement example
(w being a wall, x being a Decoration or Base Pal, o being the owner, e being an empty space)

w w w

x o w

e x w
EDIT: Updated details concerning finding Feebas

Serebii wrote:

Feebas has always been an odd Pokémon. It has always been rather rare to find and is always seen as a mirror of Magikarp. In the original Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire games, Feebas was incredibly hard to find. To get it, you had to fish in one of up to 6 special tiles in Route 119's waters. These tiles were calculated based upon your ID number as well as the trendy saying you set at Dewford Town. This time, however, things are different.

Now, Feebas has a 5% chance of appearing with any rod in Route 119. This makes Feebas a lot easier to find, but still has a rare aspect to it, but there's something more. There's an easier way to find Feebas. During the daytime, if you go to this bridge under Route 119 and fish underneath it, you will have a 100% chance of finding Feebas. Alternatively, at night time if you fish around this rock in the south of the route, you will also get a 100% chance of finding it. This allows for you to easily chain fish it, or just generally capture it. From there, you can also find it in the waters by searching for it with the DexNav.

Please keep in mind that you can't fish while you're riding Sharpedo!
EDIT 2: How to find shiny Pokémon using DexNav:

Bara-
Time to post my Base

It's at secret Islet

Good luck getting out, if you captured my flag
As you can see, It's the most OP team ever, for a triple battle
P-Kyogre, P-Groudon, M-Rayquaza
Also, as Rayquaza mega-evolves, the weather will go away, causing both primals to attack with their OP attack
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

baraatje123 wrote:

Time to post my Base

It's at secret Islet

Good luck getting out, if you captured my flag
As you can see, It's the most OP team ever, for a triple battle
P-Kyogre, P-Groudon, M-Rayquaza
Also, as Rayquaza mega-evolves, the weather will go away, causing both primals to attack with their OP attack
I keep forgetting to mention you can go on your Pokémon Global Link account to grab your QR code (though that means you'll need to do Game Sync first)... Anyway, added.

EDIT: Updated all my QR Codes. Two of them are completely new layouts.

Also, be careful when going on GTS. It seems like inappropriately-named Pokémon are showing up a lot more now...
Giralda
Keep forgetting to post my base here, lol

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Giralda wrote:

Keep forgetting to post my base here, lol

Added.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

It has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code. On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain.
On January 11th 2015, a Emboar with Reckless will also get a code from Pokémon Get☆TV, which can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash & Take Down.
Finally, on January 15th 2015, the new issue of CoroCoro will have a serial code for Samurott with its Hidden Ability of Shell Armor and can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Razor Shell, Hold Back, Confide & Hydro Pump.

05:13: Another event distribution has also been announced. In Shibuya in Japan, a special Pokémon Café is opening from January 9th to February 28th. Inside, you can receive a special distribution of a Pikachu. This Pikachu comes with the moves Play Nice, Charm, Nuzzle & Sweet Kiss and holds the Sweet Heart item.
To anyone who manages to get them, please spread the love! Even if it has bad IVs, breed them so we can get the Hidden Ability Pokémon, too!
deadbeat

i'll just leave this here
Bara-
Finally got my first legit shiny
Legit as in: not horde farmed/chained/hacked/received or always shiny (Gyarados, Haxorus, Gible, Dratini, Beldum etc.)

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Contest-related spoiler
So I just found out that Lisia (the girl with an Altaria who gives you a Contest Pass in Slateport City) is related to Wallace.

To see this scene for yourself, beat Lisia in any Master Rank Contest once she's available. After that, Wallace has a small chance of showing up in Master Rank Contests from then on. Beat him (Lisia probably shows up as well; I haven't tested this enough) then watch the following scene.

If he doesn't show up, you probably need to at least reach post-story. (Btw, if you talk to them after the scene's over, they mention a certain Emerald Gym Leader.)
Blaziken

That's it. I'm caving into the temptation. Buying a 3ds and alpha sapphire next year.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
What, why next year? Why not for Christmas or something?
Blaziken

Blazevoir wrote:

What, why next year? Why not for Christmas or something?
Getting other things, it's not like I'm interested in any game for the 3ds anyway.
Around next year spring.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Here's my Christmas-themed Base. It's pretty simple, but I'm not really creative anyway /o/

<removed image>
Giralda

Blazevoir wrote:

<removed image>
Getting that flag count to 2014 is pretty creative already :O
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That was actually pretty tricky to do
Since you can possibly also get (a lot of) Flags from Base Pals you invite from Streetpass/PSS Passerby, I had to be really careful about the Flag count.
Well... anyway, happy holidays!
Navizel

woah
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

EDIT: If, for some reason, you never got the demo, it's available without needing a download code now.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

EDIT: If, for some reason, you never got the demo, it's available without needing a download code now.
Yeah I saw it on the Eshop but I already had it
Kher

Navizel wrote:

woah
That must've taken forever to do, I'm seriously impressed. :o
Doodle99
i got a rotom shiny.
in wonder trade

what
deadbeat

Doodle99 wrote:

i got a rotom shiny.