forum

osu!rc - the open source osu! IRC app (discontinued)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flanster
discontinued
SPOILER
spoilerbox

Greetings everyone, I am pleased to present an irc client that will be specifically made to connect to osu!Bancho.
Light, fast and hopefully bug free!

Currently the project is in hiatus (lazy) !

Source code is temporarity unavailable, planning to move to GitHub.
[box=screenshots]

osu!rc team
  1. Flanster (lead dev)
  2. Pannari (dev)
  3. Pawsu (tester)

Requirements:
  1. .NET Framework 4
  2. Windows XP SP3 and above
  3. Internet connection (duh)
A few features have been added so far:
  1. Base client
  2. Shitty UI
  3. Settings & Config
  4. Friends list
  5. Crash/error handling and logging
  6. Avatars
  7. Highlight notification popups
Features to be added:
  1. Proper main chat control
  2. Password encryption
  3. Channel and tab managment
  4. Ignore list
  5. Updater
  6. Private messages
  7. Other shenanigans features
Bonus features:
  1. Chiptune player (XM/MOD/S3M/IT/UMX)
Features that might not be added
  1. Support for mobile platforms
[/box]
Gumpy
Excited
xasuma
Will it be available for mobile ? (Say yes)
Topic Starter
Flanster

xasuma wrote:

Will it be available for mobile ? (Say yes)
Sorry, no. I don't do mobile.
Kert
Friend list is required
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kert wrote:

Friend list is required
If you're talking about porting your online friendslist, no idea how thats going to happen without peppy's help.
theLiminator
How'd you do the auth? Did you packet sniff the client?
MillhioreF
Doing the auth gives you a personal password which you can use as an IRC password to log on without going to the auth page. This is the password you enter in the app (not your osu! password)

Also getting friend lists is totally possible if you scrape the friend list page, but that might get messy.
Topic Starter
Flanster

MillhioreF wrote:

Doing the auth gives you a personal password which you can use as an IRC password to log on without going to the auth page. This is the password you enter in the app (not your osu! password)

Also getting friend lists is totally possible if you scrape the friend list page, but that might get messy.
Even if so, how am I supposed to access someone else's friends list page lmao.
It's too complicated for me, tbh, not planning on doing something like this.
MillhioreF
You'd have to open a local websocket and include scraping logic in the client, and then be very very careful the program won't scrape more than maybe once every 30 seconds or so (to avoid stealing server bandwidth). Probably not worth the hassle.
Kert
If there is no way to get a friend list using peppy's API let the user provide a text file with user names/ids or so atleast. Then you can show them in your app using standard irc ways
Really. The absense of a friend list is the thing that makes all other irc clients not convinient to use with osu!
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kert wrote:

If there is no way to get a friend list using peppy's API let the user provide a text file with user names/ids or so atleast. Then you can show them in your app using standard irc ways
Really. The absense of a friend list is the thing that makes all other irc clients not convinient to use with osu!
I guess I can add an option for pasting the names from the page.
theLiminator
Are you going to open source it? What language is it written in?
Topic Starter
Flanster
VB.NET, ofcourse ew lmao. C# is a lightyear away for me though. If theres an actual need for it to be opensrc then maybe.
Deimos
well adding a friendlist would be great, but how do we know if those are online? like a userlist?
Topic Starter
Flanster

Deimos wrote:

well adding a friendlist would be great, but how do we know if those are online? like a userlist?
Checking it to a userlist yes, I've made one already. It'll happen.

Carrox
Damn this looks good
Topic Starter
Flanster
An alpha release is added to the OP (see details).
- Yuuto -
Very nice project. Looking forward for the fully version...

EDIT :
Gumpy
Wish my school didn't block IRC.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Yuutosan wrote:

Very nice project. Looking forward for the fully version...

EDIT :
You wrote your name with a lower case Y.
Carrox
I get bad authentication and seems like osu!rc creates cfg file that shows typed username and password, you should do something for that password, maybe encrypt or something so it wouldnt show so easily

edit: i was dump when typing password, now it works but it still shows it at cfg file
Topic Starter
Flanster

Norppis wrote:

I get bad authentication and seems like osu!rc creates cfg file that shows typed username and password, you should do something for that password, maybe encrypt or something so it wouldnt show so easily

edit: i was dump when typing password, now it works but it still shows it at cfg file
Thanks for reminding me, password is now encrypted. On next release, config file deletion will be required (or just the Password value in it)
If any crashes occur please remember to post here with the error code.

Edit: added a new prefs dialog where you can manage friends/channels to join on startup and other misc options.

New release available for download (download link in first post)
drum drum
Deimos
looks cool

would be great if you could add that the chat doesn't jump to the newest appeared line while reading some older lines like scrolling up

also, why did appeared a message of banchobot in #osu when I didn't reported someone in #osu? o_o
Topic Starter
Flanster

drum drum wrote:

luliflun why
http://puu.sh/drXV5/011e0dd31d.png
I'm still trying to fix that, hang in there.

Deimos wrote:

l
also, why did appeared a message of banchobot in #osu when I didn't reported someone in #osu? o_o
what?
Deimos
oh nvm, forgot to read some important things :/
Kurokami
I hope this will continues. I like it. Its simple and for osu! is perfect. I only use irc client for this game anyway.
AGRX
pls make it work on mac, if not i will try to make an wrapper for it ._.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Agrrox wrote:

I've never used mac and I have zero knowledge of supporting it, you're more than free to do so.

Also new (r3) release is available, see first post for download link.
Howl

LoliFlan wrote:

Agrrox wrote:

I've never used mac and I have zero knowledge of supporting it, you're more than free to do so.

Also new (r3) release is available, see first post for download link.
I guess that it wouldn't be that hard to port it to mac via mono.
Kert
omg chiptunes
Would be cool if you use bitbucket/github for sharing source code so people could help you out and stuff
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kert wrote:

omg chiptunes
Would be cool if you use bitbucket/github for sharing source code so people could help you out and stuff
Given the fact its developed in VB.NET people are going to go "im gonna do my own version in C#", rather than help me out.
So I'm not up for that for now.

New (r4) release is available! Check first post for download link.
show more