forum

Someone else has this problem?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
On some of the insane maps with really fast and long streams of notes my muscles in my hand starts to hurt and it reduces my effectiveness of clicking and accuracy.. i'm using really old keyboard, it's like at least 4 years old same with mouse, maybe this is the problem?
I am planning to purchase a new keyboard and mouse soon hopefully it will help me improve in osu
sayonara_sekai
yes a mech keyboard (remember to get one with multi-colored LED lights) and a tablet should help
B1rd
yes. yes getting a new gaming mouse and mech keyboard will get rid of any muscle fatigue. like this is so obvious why are you even asking
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

B1rd wrote:

yes. yes getting a new gaming mouse and mech keyboard will get rid of any muscle fatigue. like this is so obvious why are you even asking
Because I can't afford much, and I want to make sure before I do anything, also I don't really know which mouse and keyboard are suitable for Osu.
And yes it's obvious but by buying a new keyboard would it solve my problem completely? a lot of people here say buying a good keyboard improves accuracy but how exactly?
gregest
fucking play more
B1rd

Aviv552 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Because I can't afford much, and I want to make sure before I do anything, also I don't really know which mouse and keyboard are suitable for Osu.
And yes it's obvious but by buying a new keyboard would it solve my problem completely? a lot of people here say buying a good keyboard improves accuracy but how exactly?
A mech keyboard will completely solve any accuracy and stamina issue. The only important thing (like phonics said) is that it has bright LED lights and is from the Razer™ brand.

CptBlackBird wrote:

fucking play more
t/264779 the hypocrisy is real
gregest

B1rd wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

fucking play more
t/264779 the hypocrisy is real
but you can't get more stamina playing maps that don't even have streams
MalcoraX
B1rd

CptBlackBird wrote:

but you can't get more stamina playing maps that don't even have streams
did you figure this out from the thread you made?
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

B1rd wrote:

A mech keyboard will completely solve any accuracy and stamina issue. The only important thing (like phonics said) is that it has bright LED lights and is from the Razer™ brand.
Why LED lights are so important? what they are doing to help me play Osu? (sorry I'm a newbie when it comes to that stuff)
Fluxi

Aviv552 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Why LED lights are so important? what they are doing to help me play Osu? (sorry I'm a newbie when it comes to that stuff)
They are messing with ya, people here are like that.

In terms of your muscle fatigue, playing and practicing will help remove that over time. A mechanical keyboard can help with your play as it makes your moments more efficient but I don't own one so I can't help you much there.

PS - LEDs are not necessary
FieryLight

Aviv552 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

They're being sarcastic. A mechanical keyboard might help you but ultimately you build stamina from playing more (but NEVER play if your hand hurts, that could lead to some pretty serious injuries). Also, do not buy anything "Razer" brand (it breaks really easily). If you want a new keyboard to help your stamina, I recommend Cherry MX Red Switches since they are the lightest but anything is good, really. A new mouse or tablet most definitely won't help fatigue but it would help overall gameplay if you get a good mouse without prediction or acceleration (just Google "mouse acceleration" if you don't already know what that is).
Vuelo Eluko
B1rd is only half right, a mech keyboard will fix half your problems, but the other half can only be remedied by purchasing and consuming Mountain Dew ™ Game Fuel ®
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

B1rd is only half right, a mech keyboard will fix half your problems, but the other half can only be remedied by purchasing and consuming Mountain Dew ™ Game Fuel ®
Don't forget the doritos. This was cookiezi's room in his prime:
winber1
you can't git gud without the 420

amount of blaze up to your own discretion
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

FieryLight wrote:

They're being sarcastic. A mechanical keyboard might help you but ultimately you build stamina from playing more (but NEVER play if your hand hurts, that could lead to some pretty serious injuries). Also, do not buy anything "Razer" brand (it breaks really easily). If you want a new keyboard to help your stamina, I recommend Cherry MX Red Switches since they are the lightest but anything is good, really. A new mouse or tablet most definitely won't help fatigue but it would help overall gameplay if you get a good mouse without prediction or acceleration (just Google "mouse acceleration" if you don't already know what that is).
Thanks, I really should stop those songs then until I can sustain enough stamina my hands are really starting to hurt lately because of that. and I'll look in Amazon or something and probably order everything.
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
Alisson
First I'd recommend watching these videos to learn about these kind of keyboards. Anyway, I'm looking for one too, and as soon as I have money, I'll buy a red switch, I hope it helps with streams...

Noobsicle

Aviv552 wrote:

how about this keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CXTW5G/ref ... OMKVY5YAT7

anyone ?
looks so tryhard but it'll get the job done

if you have no need for a numpad, get this instead http://www.amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-R ... QRE7TGWY5S
Sorun

cheezstik wrote:

Riince wrote:

Don't forget the doritos. This was cookiezi's room in his prime:

I'm disappointed in the lack of "lel american" comments.
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

Alisson Siri wrote:

First I'd recommend watching these videos to learn about these kind of keyboards. Anyway, I'm looking for one too, and as soon as I have money, I'll buy a red switch, I hope it helps with streams...

thanks for the videos, i will watch them and it's not like I'm gonig to buy something without searching about it first, I also read here http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/offic ... ard-guide# about it

Noobsicle wrote:

Aviv552 wrote:

how about this keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CXTW5G/ref ... OMKVY5YAT7

anyone ?
looks so tryhard but it'll get the job done

if you have no need for a numpad, get this instead http://www.amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-R ... QRE7TGWY5S

yeah I know lol i felt the same i don't need something like that , and thanks a lot!
-Atri-
It's common, It's always happens to me, that's why i never play stream maps
Athrun
If your hand hurts take a rest. You don't want the same thing that happened with thelewa's hand. A rest can heal your stamina. Why don't you do something else apart from osu! during the rest break. Something like anime can ease your hand's tension.
rep_old_1
I recently purchased a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Red Switches, and I find out that it fatigues me more than my laptop chiclet keyboard because it takes more energy to press the mechanical keys than the chiclet keys. That's not to say the keys on the mechanical keyboard are in fact easier to press, but the distance it takes to activate the key is far more than the distance it takes for a chiclet key to activate (even if you only need to press the mechanical key less than halfway down, it's still more than double the distance than it takes for a chiclet key), so a mechanical keyboard for me is slower than the laptop keyboard. And it also takes more energy to suddenly stop my finger's momentum in mid-air with the mechanical key (if I don't bottom out) and manually raise my finger back up than the energy it takes to hit the chiclet key, bottom out, and bounce back with little effort. So I personally feel that my mechanical keyboard is worse than my laptop keyboard.
Saphirshroom

repath wrote:

I recently purchased a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Red Switches, and I find out that it fatigues me more than my laptop chiclet keyboard because it takes more energy to press the mechanical keys than the chiclet keys. That's not to say the keys on the mechanical keyboard are in fact easier to press, but the distance it takes to activate the key is far more than the distance it takes for a chiclet key to activate (even if you only need to press the mechanical key less than halfway down, it's still more than double the distance than it takes for a chiclet key), so a mechanical keyboard for me is slower than the laptop keyboard. And it also takes more energy to suddenly stop my finger's momentum in mid-air with the mechanical key (if I don't bottom out) and manually raise my finger back up than the energy it takes to hit the chiclet key, bottom out, and bounce back with little effort. So I personally feel that my mechanical keyboard is worse than my laptop keyboard.
And you figured that out after you bought one? Looks like someone has too much money.

Also, let me correct you: You are much worse on a mechanical keyboard than your laptop keyboard. This has nothing to do with your mechanical keyboard being bad, that's just you buying things before thinking about what it is that you're spending your money on.

@OP:
A mechanical keyboard is not worth it just for osu. Considering you have 3.6k plays and are already blaming your equipment you won't play this game for long anyway. With a new keyboard you'll still suck, your equipment doesn't change that unless every single key on your keyboard is broken.
B1rd

Saphirshroom wrote:

And you figured that out after you bought one? Looks like someone has too much money.

Also, let me correct you: You are much worse on a mechanical keyboard than your laptop keyboard. This has nothing to do with your mechanical keyboard being bad, that's just you buying things before thinking about what it is that you're spending your money on.

@OP:
A mechanical keyboard is not worth it just for osu. Considering you have 3.6k plays and are already blaming your equipment you won't play this game for long anyway. With a new keyboard you'll still suck, your equipment doesn't change that unless every single key on your keyboard is broken.
You remind me of my nan scolding me and telling how I should have done something properly according to her. What, how do you think he was supposed to tell if he didn't like mech keyboards without buying and testing it? Keep your unwanted opinions to yourself.

@OP:
don't listen to this guy.. if you want to get good at this game investing in good equipment will help and make a difference.
Saphirshroom
There are plenty of stores letting you try out mechanical keyboards and there are even small Keyboard testing units with ~5-10 keycaps and switches that you can get for <10$.

Also...
I think your big deal is that you're trying to blame everything but yourself and your lack of practice for your lack of progress. It's you, not the equipment (and by "equipment" I'm also referring to your hands).
That applies to this thread too. I don't know why someone at 100k rank would even think about blaming their equipment when there are people in the top 200 (probably much lower than that but I didn't find any right off the bat) who play with a laptop keyboard or with a trackpad.
I can stream short bursts of 200BPM and that's me sucking at hand coordination, not my keyboard being six years old. Getting a new keyboard is completely irrelevant for a guy at 100k other than Placebo effect which can be a good thing since it motivates you but then you should make a good purchase and not just randomly buy a keyboard in order to get "better" like that guy I quoted in my previous post did.
buny
play more
show more