forum

What maps should i play to improve myself? (not pp)

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
Playing maps that you can FC (and maps that give you pp) will help you improve. Flailing around on hard maps with no-fail, because playing maps that you can FC frustrates you, is just ignoring the problem and will not help you improve.

Celestielle wrote:

I refuse to play streams >:( :(
If that's your attitude you may as well quit the game. You'll go nowhere in this game if you can't stream.

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
[-Cloud-]
Play what you suck at.

B1rd wrote:

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
cringe
ZenithPhantasm

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Play what you suck at.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

B1rd wrote:

Playing maps that you can FC (and maps that give you pp) will help you improve. Flailing around on hard maps with no-fail, because playing maps that you can FC frustrates you, is just ignoring the problem and will not help you improve.

If that's your attitude you may as well quit the game. You'll go nowhere in this game if you can't stream.

Im playign for fun not for pp, fcn something isnt a challenge its just doing something youre already good at until its perfect thats nothing fun for me.
If you liek to play a song until it gets borign fine do that.
I already improved playing this way.
And theres nothing wrong with my altitude i just cant play longstreams and there are enough maps without them so yes, i can get somewhere.
[-Cloud-]
If you can do it already, you can FC it whenever you want. Improving leads to FC'ing stuff, you don't need to retry over and over again.
And no, you need to learn streaming if you want to play the real funmaps. Also, you gonna stuck hard, if you don't learn it.
It's kinda boring, when you only can play a certain amount of maps because you dodge streams. Atleast it's getting boring after a while.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

cringe
cut out the 'cringe' bullshit and come up with a counter-argument if you think I'm wrong.

Celestielle wrote:

Im playign for fun not for pp, fcn something isnt a challenge its just doing something youre already good at until its perfect thats nothing fun for me.
If you liek to play a song until it gets borign fine do that.
I already improved playing this way.
Playing for fun will not help you improve. You asked what to play to improve didn't you?

I didn't say that you should play stuff that is really easy for you to FC, or to retry 50 times to get a FC worth a heap of PP, all I'm saying is that you should play a lot of stuff that is of a difficulty that you are reasonably capable, or that is too hard to a degree, for you to full combo. Playing stuff that you can full combo will help you become consistent, and playing harder stuff will expand your limits. But for the most part, don't play stuff that you need no-fail to pass because it won't teach you how to play the game very well.

Playing stuff that will give you pp will actually help you improve, because it's always stuff that is at the edge of what you can FC.

Celestielle wrote:

And theres nothing wrong with my altitude i just cant play longstreams and there are enough maps without them so yes, i can get somewhere.
There is something wrong with that attitude. (assuming you want to be good of course) Streams are a major part of the game and you'll never become a great player if you don't learn how to do them.
Vuelo Eluko
play to your strengths, most importantly have fun
[-Cloud-]
Since I've read mouse-tablet discussions over and over again, I will always write cringe from now on.

Deal with it.
Gumpy
As a rule of thumb play more and you will get good someday.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Since I've read mouse-tablet discussions over and over again, I will always write cringe from now on.

Deal with it.
You can cringe if you want to, but vocalising it is pretty pointless.
winber1
you cannot improve on something that does not exist
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Deal with it.
You can cringe if you want to, but vocalising it is pretty pointless.
Like arguing about, what's better for playing osu. People are still vocalising it.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

B1rd wrote:

cut out the 'cringe' bullshit and come up with a counter-argument if you think I'm wrong.
cringe

B1rd wrote:

Playing for fun will not help you improve. You asked what to play to improve didn't you?
TIL having fun to be motivated isnt helpful at improving myself. <- Sarcasm

B1rd wrote:

I didn't say that you should play stuff that is really easy for you to FC, or to retry 50 times to get a FC worth a heap of PP, all I'm saying is that you should play a lot of stuff that is of a difficulty that you are reasonably capable, or that is too hard to a degree, for you to full combo. Playing stuff that you can full combo will help you become consistent, and playing harder stuff will expand your limits. But for the most part, don't play stuff that you need no-fail to pass because it won't teach you how to play the game very well.

Playing stuff that will give you pp will actually help you improve, because it's always stuff that is at the edge of what you can FC.
What your saying is, that i should play what i have a good accu in. Im happy with my accu in maps i get pp for (have go accu in hoho) if thats the case, im asking for another way. If you say now its follish then your just foolish yourself if what i do isnt decreasing what i play its not harmign me at all.
I'll happily sacrifice skill for fun.

B1rd wrote:

There is something wrong with that attitude. (assuming you want to be good of course) Streams are a major part of the game and you'll never become a great player if you don't learn how to do them.
As i said, short streams arnt a problem.

winber1 wrote:

you cannot improve on something that does not exist
0+1=1 :roll: :| :)
Vuelo Eluko
0 does exist, it's not an undefined value
also you should learn long streams because you learn very valuable skills like learning how to correct your finger movements during a stream and stamina
sayonara_sekai
i love when people ask for advice and when you give them some they get confrontational.

I think you need about 200 more plays on big black for some good improvement
Topic Starter
Celestielle

phonics wrote:

i love when people ask for advice and when you give them some they get confrontational.

I love when ppl answer the usual /*^*/ and not what i asked for
I already said that if thats the best way im askign for a second way
Ofc ill confront you if you waste my tiem by tellign me sth i already know :roll:
Green Platinum
Accuracy comes from focussing on accuracy, if you have difficulty getting a FC you are not focussing on accuracy, you are then focussing on combo.
If you really want to avoid pp gain while focussing on accuracy you might as well play unranked maps or offline. Another option is changing maps to od9 or od10, whatever you are comfortable with.
cheezstik

B1rd wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

cringe
I think he's trying to suggest that equipment doesn't matter, or mouse = tablet etc. I personally think that the limits might be the same in the end (freedom dive and airman #1 scores) but tablet definitely eases up the learning curve a little and is better than mouse for improving in most cases. Absolute positioning really does a lot.
Minhtam
If you are looking to improve accuracy, consider playing https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95808?m=0. This is one of the easiest OD 8 maps out there. What I would suggest is that you try to get as close to 100% as possible, but play it such that you aim for that kind of accuracy. Then, you will find that in terms of OD 6 or OD 7 maps, your scores will improve because you are used to a smaller accuracy window.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

Green Platinum wrote:

Accuracy comes from focussing on accuracy, if you have difficulty getting a FC you are not focussing on accuracy, you are then focussing on combo.
If you really want to avoid pp gain while focussing on accuracy you might as well play unranked maps or offline. Another option is changing maps to od9 or od10, whatever you are comfortable with.
No where you mention it :o , i was focusing on combo.
But still dont want to focus on both of them, since its kinda boring.
I have more fun failing a hard map then s'ing a easier map.

minhtam1638 wrote:

If you are looking to improve accuracy, consider playing https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95808?m=0. This is one of the easiest OD 8 maps out there. What I would suggest is that you try to get as close to 100% as possible, but play it such that you aim for that kind of accuracy. Then, you will find that in terms of OD 6 or OD 7 maps, your scores will improve because you are used to a smaller accuracy window.
Thank you

Maybe i should make 3 things clear.
1. Im asking for a different way to accu and combo, because theyre boring to me
2. I want to get better in a way I look at it, being able to play harder maps without NF, improving in aim etc.
3. I dont give the slightest /*^*/ about pp so all ways that improve pp are propably boring for me.

Anyways, this leads towards nothing so i just ask whats better to improve?
Playing at Read Cap or Aim Cap?
B1rd

Celestielle wrote:

TIL having fun to be motivated isnt helpful at improving myself. <- Sarcasm
having fun to be motivated is good, but playing stuff solely based on how much 'fun' you have isn't going to help you get better.

Celestielle wrote:

What your saying is, that i should play what i have a good accu in. Im happy with my accu in maps i get pp for (have go accu in hoho) if thats the case, im asking for another way. If you say now its follish then your just foolish yourself if what i do isnt decreasing what i play its not harmign me at all.
I'll happily sacrifice skill for fun.
I'm not sure what you just said. You don't have the best communication skills, I'm just saiyan

But look, I'll just try and make my point simple: don't use no-fail, if you need to, then what you're playing is likely too hard for you to be getting any benefit. Literally playing anything else will help you improve. Generally I like to suggest people play easier maps so they can get better consistency, but if you find that too boring then playing harder stuff is fine too. 'Aim or reading cap', I don't really know what you mean, but it doesn't really matter.

Celestielle wrote:

As i said, short streams arnt a problem.
If you can't do long streams, well that just equates to not good streaming skills. Like I said, if you want to be a great and balanced player, learning to stream is important. Assuming that is your ambition, if it isn't, well, it doesn't matter.

----

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Like arguing about, what's better for playing osu. People are still vocalising it.
Arguing about what's better actually has a purpose. It's pretty common consensus that tablet is better, people can use this information.

phonics wrote:

so much this. whenever I give my frank opinion I get this reaction. Maybe I'm just too tactless.

also forget all what I said Celestielle, play nothing but Big Black and you will be Cookiezi in no time.
dung eater
Stuff you need to make an effort to play well. Know what you do wrong and try to do it right next time or leave it be and focus on something else.
Topic Starter
Celestielle
having fun to be motivated is good, but playing stuff solely based on how much 'fun' you have isn't going to help you get better.
I never said solely

I'm not sure what you just said. You don't have the best communication skills, I'm just saiyan

But look, I'll just try and make my point simple: don't use no-fail, if you need to, then what you're playing is likely too hard for you to be getting any benefit. Literally playing anything else will help you improve. Generally I like to suggest people play easier maps so they can get better consistency, but if you find that too boring then playing harder stuff is fine too. 'Aim or reading cap', I don't really know what you mean, but it doesn't really matter.
:roll: ofc it does since that what im asking here. If you cant answer my question or do anything else useful then dont post :|

If you can't do long streams, well that just equates to not good streaming skills. Like I said, if you want to be a great and balanced player, learning to stream is important. Assuming that is your ambition, if it isn't, well, it doesn't matter.
How about talking about the actual topic? All youre doing is talking abotu stuff nobody asked for.
Also i dont need to be able to stream at all to be have a high rank. There are enough maps without. :|

Arguing about what's better actually has a purpose. It's pretty common consensus that tablet is better, people can use this information.
Nobody cares abotu that (Also everyone knows). Ultimatly Tablet > Mouse, everything else is rather opinion or device support. But in the end there are people who are better with mouse, that dont give /*^*/ and/or are better with whatever device they picked.

so much this. whenever I give my frank opinion I get this reaction. Maybe I'm just too tactless.

also forget all what I said Celestielle, play nothing but Big Black and you will be Cookiezi in no time.
You said nothing useful anyways :|
[-Cloud-]
So, you basically want to improve without focussing on any important aspect of the game, because they're "boring". Kinda pointless to play a rhytmn game then. You might be more happy with CoD.

Happy mashing, you'll regret it later.
Green Platinum

Celestielle wrote:

Also i dont need to be able to stream at all to be have a high rank. There are enough maps without. :|
This thread, "I want to improve without investing time into stuff I'm bad at"
ZenithPhantasm

Celestielle wrote:

Quote:

Nobody cares abotu that (Also everyone knows). Ultimatly Tablet > Mouse, everything else is rather opinion or device support. But in the end there are people who are better with mouse, that dont give /*^*/ and/or are better with whatever device they picked.
._. I use a mouse and I think my aim is pretty good compared to other people around rank.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

[-Cloud-] wrote:

So, you basically want to improve without focussing on any important aspect of the game, because they're "boring". Kinda pointless to play a rhytmn game then. You might be more happy with CoD.

Happy mashing, you'll regret it later.
Anyways. Someone actually helpful told me what to do, so i dont need to read this bs wonderful textes that ignore what im asking for anymore
Thanks for no help com /*^*/

can closed
[-Cloud-]
no problem and enjoy being stuck in silver
B1rd

Celestielle wrote:

You are asking for the best way to improve your ability to spam through fast maps without no-fail; that's a silly question really. "playing at aim or reading cap" barely makes sense. You just need to play fast maps.
I'm not obligated to answer your exact question without looking at the context. I've been trying to tell you that spamming fast maps is a bad idea, and if you want to be a good player that's not what you should do. But apparently you don't want to become a good player, or you have your own definition of one. So it's pointless for me to try and give you any more advice.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

Celestielle wrote:

You are asking for the best way to improve your ability to spam through fast maps without no-fail; that's a silly question really. "playing at aim or reading cap" barely makes sense. You just need to play fast maps.
I'm not obligated to answer your exact question without looking at the context. I've been trying to tell you that spamming fast maps is a bad idea, and if you want to be a good player that's not what you should do. But apparently you don't want to become a good player, or you have your own definition of one. So it's pointless for me to try and give you any more advice.
personally i want to be a fast player, good can come later
Topic Starter
Celestielle

Riince wrote:

personally i want to be a fast player, good can come later
At least one who understands :)
winber1
bro, chill
Karuta-_old_1
Just go out there and play what you want and retry the map if you are not satisfied but not to the point when it starts to get boring

Save the map in your collections if you like it and play it again next time

this is vague but you can't have good accuracy or good combo without being faster (mostly response and control)

I like the moment when I was about to FC a 4-minute-map, then my laptop shuts itself down
YamiHikari
Have fun OP

Thats all that matters anyway

I still don't get how OP says they "have more fun by failing a hard map than s'ing an easier map" .
and they want to improve.
Failing hard maps and retrying aren't gonna get anywhere, certainly not gonna help them improve so i'm wondering what's OP's solution in the end.
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

0 does exist, it's not an undefined value
also you should learn long streams because you learn very valuable skills like learning how to correct your finger movements during a stream and stamina
0 exists as a symbol. What it actually means depends on the context. With no context given I could just as easily argue that 0+1=2 where 0,1,2 are just symbols. Elaborating more, even taking 0+1=1 in the usual context, this context says nothing about improvement. It's a simple mathematical equation. In fact, improvement is not well defined in this case either.
[-Cloud-]

xYamiHikari wrote:

Have fun OP

I still don't get how OP says they "have more fun by failing a hard map than s'ing an easier map" .
Failing hard maps and retrying aren't gonna get anywhere, certainly not gonna help them improve so i'm wondering what's OP's solution in the end.
There is no solution. He will get a lot of shitty habits and regret it, when he starts enjoying playing the game in a proper way. That's it.
deletemyaccount
You are being given advice from people who are more experienced than you; of course it's your choice if you wish to take it or not.

This thread is like a tl;dr of half the pls halp improvement threads on g&r
Shelfdon
I used to play only super hard stuff like you and my rank kept falling from 25k to 34k. Then i discovered the thing called "pp" and now i'm here. At first i could barely fc 4 stars, but i slowly improved by playing things at my lvl and now i can fc 5+stars. But yeah i'm stuck now, so i'm gonna spam hard maps again. Please don't hate me.
ZenithPhantasm
Plz enjoy game.
Vuelo Eluko

xYamiHikari wrote:

Have fun OP

false
as long as they can read it, it's a great way to practice
show more