forum

New Impossible Jump?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
so, apparently I've come across a new sort of (near) impossible jump that's from the result of the pixel jump fix.

If you happen to have a pixel jump that turns into a hyperdash due to the fix, then have another pixel jump returning the other way, the game thinks you can catch on the edge of the platter before going back to the second middle fruit, so it doesn't supply a hyperdash. The problem is, catching the right fruit would mean heading to the middle of that fruit. The result is this akward little impossible-esque jump that requires you to be really strange with the hyperdash feature.
iiyo
gangsta 350x
kemu life game 931x
the infamous evil senketsu no chikai 60x "always gets you at one point"
renard terminal 1,129x
insane techniques x70 or 68ish idk "with HR" not a big pixle but it's still challenging enough to put in my list
also distorted love song ending but i forgot what combo its similar to kemu

these are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

what u linked is a common pixle jump and not impossible infact it's pretty simple compared to these other pixles, the problem is the imbalance in the x and y axis and conversion, now if this was in a ctb map it would be a different story, it's not really the engine's fault but the mapper's fault.
Yukiteru Amano

Storm- wrote:

the infamous evil senketsu no chikai 60x "always gets you at one point"

EVIL EVIL 60x ;P
Topic Starter
Kitokofox

Storm- wrote:

it's not really the engine's fault but the mapper's fault.
I agree to that, which is exactly why I fixed up that jump before sharing this topic. It's not super impossible. but it's certainly extremely annoying. Something CtB modders want to look out for.
Kurokami
When stuff like this comes to my face I always start to wonder about it. The HDashes pattern what is on your screenshot are rarely fit to the songs. If someone want to use a chained HDash there are far better patterns to do it and they plays nicely. With this pattern the mapper needs to be careful how to come out from this since immediate jump is not a good choice. The pattern needs to be softened drastically after this and this can imbalance a harder difficulty. Thats why I prefer triangle HDash chain in the first place.

Anyway, this should be handled case by case since on lower bpm and under a certain AR this pattern becomes easier. Though I hope I won't see this on any ranked map if possible.
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Banned Forever [Nogard] (!)
Yukiteru Amano

Tolunay Scarlet wrote:

Banned Forever [Nogard] (!)
Almost impossible xd
eldnl
I think you are a bit late on this D:
Zak
Wouldn't it be better to put this in Technical Support since this is more or less a problem with the hyperdash calculation (Which I would consider something that requires fixing)
Kurokami
Fixing this may result another one (maybe a worst one). Yes, it would be nice but I think this is an endless circle.
Zak
I highly doubt it will be an endless circle of broken jumps, as the old hyperdash update fixed pixel jumps which at the time was the worst issue in the game. This could start becoming a bigger issue as people keep mapping harder and harder maps and even if it leads to further small bugs we need to try and at least fix it the best we can.
Kurokami
I never said it is not worth to try and in cuttingedge we can test it. But the chance is there for a new bug.
Drafura
Bring old hypers back >< this kind of jumps are not anything new, it's so annoying for players, so annoying for mappers, so annoying for modders. It's out of question to rank them in a map and it's totally normal, the hit windows is way above the OD10 300 std. In the end it remove possibilities in ctb mapping. The jump skill totally dispeared from ctb players since then... Only zig zag movements and ryuuta accuarcy matters now, this is so sad for people who knows ctb were a bit more back in the days.
DeathXHunter
Youre not gonna get through with it Drafura,give it up already. : (

Drafura wrote:

Bring old hypers back >< this kind of jumps are not anything new, it's so annoying for players, so annoying for mappers, so annoying for modders. It's out of question to rank them in a map and it's totally normal, the hit windows is way above the OD10 300 std. In the end it remove possibilities in ctb mapping. The jump skill totally dispeared from ctb players since then... Only zig zag movements and ryuuta accuarcy matters now, this is so sad for people who knows ctb were a bit more back in the days.
Never forget the beginning of 2013's disaster~.
Drafura

119410501 wrote:

rip ctb
-PM-

119410501 wrote:

Drafura wrote:

FL, Hyperdash (~2013), HD (~2014)
DeathXHunter
no1 cares about the hd change
-PM-
No
Empress Junko

Drafura wrote:

119410501 wrote:

rip ctb
Upvoting.
Kingkevin30

DeathXHunter wrote:

i didn't care about it because i didn't even noticed anything xD
-Ryuujii-
middle hyper will make the catcher go further to the right side,it is a concern

-PM- wrote:

No
Kurokami

DeathXHunter wrote:

What, there was a change? lol
DeathXHunter
^Exactly.
iiyo
what was old hypers like anyways, I'm very interested, was it a timing difference? the way you hit them?
ZHSteven
Does anyone still remember 2009-12-20?

well, almost same saturation here.

"Nothing can be changed. Just move forward." That is all I've learnt about it.
Badis

ZHSteven wrote:

Does anyone still remember 2009-12-20?

well, almost same saturation here.

"Nothing can be changed. Just move forward." That is all I've learnt about it.
"Just move forward " even if the changes are bad you still accept that ? please

Drafura wrote:

<3
ZHSteven
I just want to point out this kind of situation is not the first time and can never be the last. Hopefully this will end in a good way.
because I already lost hope on it

Storm- wrote:

what was old hypers like anyways, I'm very interested, was it a timing difference? the way you hit them?
Once it didn't matter where and when you caught them, they just brought you under the next fruit perfectly.
Badis

119410501 wrote:

Storm- wrote:

Once it didn't matter where and when you caught them, they just brought you under the next fruit perfectly.
good old times :')
He Ang CTB
A perefect HyperDash system would mean that:

(terminal dashes / just 1 more pixel to become hyperdash kind of dashes C:)

(mixture of hyperdashes and terminal dashes)

(complete hyperdashes)

Can all be perfectly caught with the exact same:
1. Amount of time of holding down left and right keys
2. Timing of changing between left and right movement.
show more