forum

How da **** do I rank up now?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frikandel
I simply cannot play with mods. Everyone I know around my rank does this, but I can't. How am I supposed to climb now?

I have done alot of AR10 maps to practice, and hard maps with DT. But I can't even get 90% acc, so an FC is far, faaaar way.

I wonder, how did I get to my rank without being able to do these things? So weird!

But really, is there someone that knows how to ''practice'' or whatever? Thanks in advance.
Gumpy
Play more they said so on OWC.
Trash Boat
and mind your language ofc
Topic Starter
Frikandel

Trash Boat wrote:

and mind your language ofc
that's why I did **** and not the actual word. So as a fact, I did not say anything wrong.
Fluxi
Pick a mod that you think you may like, practice it. That's all
daikichi
play ez pp maps such as big black , scarlet rose, etc etc
Athrun
Don't always try to aim for an FC.
FrzR
Retry or Cry
Kouya-
Play more .

That's a fact ~
good luck
Shohei Ohtani
Don't be 20 years old and still type like "da ****"
B1rd
Join the no-mod master-race.

But seriously, don't give a shit about mods until you're like rank 3K

CDFA wrote:

Don't be 20 years old and still type like "da ****"
Totally agree with you, use "da fuck" next time, k ;)
vincaslt
Don't play mods, simple. You can rank up easily, without playing with mods. I myself am an example. Playing with mods such as HR, HD is a different game, thus you need to practice them separately, the only exception being DT, which you should be able to play reasonably well, because it only increases AR and BPM, it takes getting used to the increased approach rate though.
cheezstik

SOLID771 wrote:

I simply cannot play with mods. Everyone I know around my rank does this, but I can't. How am I supposed to climb now?
No-mod really only gets really hard to do around top-500, and even then, there are some people in the top 150 that play mostly no-mod (forgot names though). Mods should make it easier to get pp for most people, but if they aren't making it easier, then you can't climb ranks cos you don't deserve to yet, not cos you can't play mods. I personally was only around your rank when I picked up DT, before then I also nearly exclusively played no mod, so you're fine.

As to practicing, play more with mods if you want to learn to use mods (I'd personally learn DT if you primarily want PP) and play stuff that pushes your abilities while you don't having to resort to mindless mashing. If you don't want to learn mods, then keep playing no-mod and improving that way, you will still climb ranks, it might take a little longer but if that's what you prefer then you should do it. I personally didn't have to put much effort into learning DT, I randomly was able to read AR9.6 (Even though I still can't properly read AR10 no matter how hard I try) and my speed developed over time.
Kazutakee
What I've heard is that AR10+ tends to destroy your reading consistency.
My best bet would be to play at the AR you feel comfortable with and slowly climp up.

I did it with mini area, and it was hard :,<
But if you believe, you surely will succeed ^^
lit120
Try to play with mods. If you still keep playing with ar10, then use HR
Maus
Play more
Maus
Also you got your rank because you're lucky enough you have fast fingers. All of your songs are just a stream.
Mr Capuce

cheezstik wrote:

play more with mods if you want to learn to use mods (I'd personally learn DT if you primarily want PP) and play stuff that pushes your abilities while you don't having to resort to mindless mashing. If you don't want to learn mods, then keep playing no-mod and improving that way, you will still climb ranks, it might take a little longer but if that's what you prefer then you should do it.
by the way @Maus : please.. don't post twice :oops:
naliem
Just play more. If you want to farm PP, play more DT, only DT, DT until death.