forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Mappool Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

tfg50 wrote:

Note to the casters: that RLC diff's song title should be "Mushikui Psychedelism" not "Mushikui Saikede Rhythm" according to some comments maybe someone can check that.

Does somebody else feel like the gap between the maps in this same map pool is too high? I mean, Time Bomb and Koigokoro are on the same phase lol. The nomod/hidden bracket also seem A LOT easier than Time Bomb (idk about the other brackets because I've never played most of those maps). Maybe that's just me overestimating 175bpm ar9 + dt though, people seem to play crazy stuff all the time after all.

It is a shame Shott won't be able to play Time Bomb on the owc :(
the map itself is called that, changing it would cause quite a bit of confusion
silmarilen

Broodich wrote:

My guess for finals
Nomod:
Airman
Image Material
Rainbow Dash
Atama no Taisou
Big Black
Holy Orders

Hidden:
Chipscape
Fallen World
Heterochromia

Hard Rock:
Mad Machine
Senketsu no Chikai
Lolicore

Doubletime:
Gangsta
DMC
Hoshizora SS

Freemod:
Jumpudding
Pluto
Intersect Tunderbolt Exceed

Tie Breaker:
4D
why no elemental creation?
Xytox
Germany vs Japan on tiebreaker FREEDOM DiVE. That would be something.
Cherry Blossom

GladiOol wrote:

to sort out the men, from the boys.
Well, it looks like we're coming to the end, so far so good, but do you really think you have what it takes to compete with the mighty scratch perverts ?
Let's could be a step too far.

RIP
silmarilen
dat groundhog
VnSoul

Xytox wrote:

Germany vs Japan on tiebreaker FREEDOM DiVE. That would be something.
Well this would be pretty much a match between rrtyui and cptnXn, but yeah would still be amazing to see it
silmarilen
no it wouldnt
Tom94
I'm very happy with the difficulty of the current map pool, buuuut I think there maybe should be a few more super fast beatmaps now. Aim-heavy maps are very prominent while there is literally just 1 high speed map. This is very unfortunate especially for our team with players like Dustice, cptnXn, Splinter and BDDav who excel greatly at that aspect.

I don't think I should be able to play on par or even above players considerably above my skill level in the semi-finals of a world yup. :P

(Also I'm in love with Heisei Cataclysm, thank you so much for putting that in, especially with Hidden! <3)
Tshemmp
I agree with Tom, too much aim maps compared to speed maps. The maps itself are really nice but the balance could be better.
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm yet to play the maps from the pool.

What already killed my motivation is the songs.

Too many (7!) vocaloids which are hard to stand. All of them are nauseous.

I can see some bad picks in overall.

naotyu is too short and has like one hard part

Koigokoro is among the most boring maps ever created

Some are just simply not fun to play.

Could be worse though.
KRZY
yeah we do need more English
ToGlette

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm yet to play the maps from the pool.

What already killed my motivation is the songs.

Too many (7!) vocaloids which are hard to stand. All of them are nauseous.

I can see some bad picks in overall.

naotyu is too short and has like one hard part

Koigokoro is among the most boring maps ever created

Some are just simply not fun to play.

Could be worse though.
Okay. I admit that we picked too much songs from vocaloids. (Make that 5 because 2 are from Utaite or Singer :) )

However, I will just take that as your opinion (specially about your personal preferences.), not a criticism.

Well, I'd like to have more opinions like that, and you are always free to make suggestions as well.

and about the diversity of the map pool, we'll make sure that we will do our best.

(Gladi's opinion might be different from mine so I will leave the subject as I.)
buny
moar stream maps

saving the good ones for finals rite
GladiOol
finals will get more cohesion between jumps and streams. as far as the ''english'' aspect goes; i can't really work with that. most maps of the right difficulty are either japanese or instrumental. that's just the way it is.

as far as your animo (as the dutch would say) goes amai, i really could not care less. if this maplist would consist of maps that i'd consider fun, nearly 0 of the ones used would be in it, hence it's redundant to even bring the word ''fun'' up. i'm here to create a consistent / good maplist that depicts a certain set of skill appropriate for the round currently being played.

please do remember you can ban maps as well - you are not 100% forced to play a certain map. you have a say in it. in both picking and banning.
fartownik

GladiOol wrote:

finals will get more cohesion between jumps and streams. as far as the ''english'' aspect goes; i can't really work with that. most maps of the right difficulty are either japanese or instrumental. that's just the way it is.

as far as your animo (as the dutch would say) goes amai, i really could not care less. if this maplist would consist of maps that i'd consider fun, nearly 0 of the ones used would be in it, hence it's redundant to even bring the word ''fun'' up. i'm here to create a consistent / good maplist that depicts a certain set of skill appropriate for the round currently being played.

please do remember you can ban maps as well - you are not 100% forced to play a certain map. you have a say in it. in both picking and banning.
let's ban them maps because they're Vocaloids, 10/10 tactical planning xD
KRZY
Yeah don't take the English comment too seriously, the maps are fine
fartownik

fartownik wrote:

IMO the tournament would use another mappool solely for the Final and 3rd Place match. Currently the Final mappool will be overplayed by the finalist coming out of Loser's Bracket (if that team is not the loser of Winner's Bracket final, but that also is a problem -> see next sentence). Also, there's a high chance the main Final will be the same as the final of the Winner's Bracket and it would be kinda weird to see the exact same match played with the exact same mappool, but a week later.
pls
buny
grand finals is now finals no mod + dt

if we had a different mappool for each progressive final with progressing difficulty (hard since no mod maps can't really get any harder than this), it would be amazing to watch
fartownik
I guess the difficulty gap is ALREADY fine, even for the finals. There hasn't been much FCs in the losers' bracket and I don't expect a lot in the winners' as well. The only brackets that could get harder and still be FCable/not random "who gets less misses" contests are DoubleTime and the Tiebreaker. The DTs could get faster (in terms of speed and AR) and the tiebreaker could simply get harder as a whole. Rest of the maps seem like everyone can miss and everyone can FC depending on the form of the day (except a few nomods).

The Final of Finals mappool should be at the same level as the Finals mappool (imo). Please add this, it will be so much better with a separate pool for the grand final.
Tom94

fartownik wrote:

I guess the difficulty gap is ALREADY fine, even for the finals. There hasn't been much FCs in the losers' bracket and I don't expect a lot in the winners' as well. The only brackets that could get harder and still be FCable/not random "who gets less misses" contests are DoubleTime and the Tiebreaker. The DTs could get faster (in terms of speed and AR) and the tiebreaker could simply get harder as a whole. Rest of the maps seem like everyone can miss and everyone can FC depending on the form of the day (except a few nomods).

The Final of Finals mappool should be at the same level as the Finals mappool (imo). Please add this, it will be so much better with a separate pool for the grand final.
The thing is, that many players excel at being consistent at difficulties / speeds where other players break down completely. I don't think "everybody does random misses" is a good point for stopping to increase the difficulty.

Many, many players who for instance excel at high speeds such as 260 bpm deathstreams or even longer 220+ bpm streams never even had the opportunity to show where they shine. Same with high BPM screenjumps.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Pool for both final weeks is out! *runs quickly before getting killed*
tryaway
*ded
Synchrostar
dear lord
Garpo
I love how there is only 1 10.3 map and no cs 5 no mod but a cs 5 hr map.
buny
rip
Zare
My worst and my best ranked map in the same mappool

I'm fine with that
Tom94
I jizzed a little when seeing the finals mappool.
Luvdic
Yay my map!
buny

Xanandra wrote:

Yay my map!
omg not japanese pls remove

also, is there actually another mappool coming out? or am i being confused?
Aka
awesome :D
Xytox
I love the tiebreaker so much.
xxdeathx
Lol, Chloe's BIRTH is a fun one. Good luck with the spaced streams in the kiai and the deathstream in the middle.
kuur0
Just wondering is there gonna be a different map pool if theres a grand final rematch
Topic Starter
Loctav
You could simply read my post...
kuur0

Loctav wrote:

You could simply read my post...
Oh sorry must've misread it... Thanks for the reminder.
Nwolf
omg that song variety

<3
Skystar
Kloyd hype
Daborgia
My opinion on this final Mappool

Pros:
- Extremly wide Music variety.
Classics like Bomfunk, Electric Music like the Tiebreaker or Undead Corp. Even a Leaf Track is in. Kudos
- Really really difficulty
This time the diff focus wasn´t set on star-rating or jump(Airman)/stream(sola) problems, instead this time its all about holding the Combo and getting a fc.

Cons:

- OWC is over soon
When you know that those Maps are part of the hardest mappool, you slowly realize that OWC will be over soon...:( :(
KRZY
so...

difficult...
MadeInChina
i like how scarlet rose is being saved as the tiebreaker for grand finals
show more