forum

Osu!tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice
Hi, I've never been active on this forum before so I don't really know where to place it but I decided I'd place it here XD

So I saw the osu webshop the other day and found the osu tablet. At first I wanna know how buying it works, cause I never bought something from a foreign webshop so please tell me,and is the shipping really expensive or is it less than $5? (I'm from the Netherlands btw)

Right now I play beatmaps of 3 stars and higher, and I really wannt to know if it's simpeler with a tablet. And if you use the osu tablet I want to ask you if the quality is good, and if it feels good when playing ect. I also want to make a start with digital drawing, just to find out if it's fun or not, because I only draw traditional right now and all the digital drawings I made were done with my mouse XD. I don't want to start with a really expensive tablet made especially for drawing, cause $30 isn't a lot of money, is it?
In short: Is it a good idea for me to buy this tablet? And does it work good?

Thanks for answering!

Extra: Under my name is a word that says "Rythm rookie" what does osu mean with that? Does it mean that my skills aren't super good or is it because I only posted one thing yet? cx
Gumpy
Rhythm Rookie means small amounts of posts
and yes the tablet is good, but your better of getting the H420 as it's the exact same
-JaZe-

SatireSacrifice wrote:

So I saw the osu webshop the other day and found the osu tablet. At first I wanna know how buying it works, cause I never bought something from a foreign webshop so please tell me,and is the shipping really expensive or is it less than $5? (I'm from the Netherlands btw)
I don't think they're even in stock, and they're usually reserved for supporters first, I think

SatireSacrifice wrote:

Right now I play beatmaps of 3 stars and higher, and I really wannt to know if it's simpeler with a tablet.
I do think tablet is a bit easier. It won't magically make you better, though. If you're doing 3 star songs now, you'll still be doing 3 star songs until you put the effort in.

SatireSacrifice wrote:

And if you use the osu tablet I want to ask you if the quality is good, and if it feels good when playing ect.
I have the huion 420, which is basically the same thing, and it's not bad. Be aware that I have never owned another tablet, so I don't know if I would like any other tablets more.

SatireSacrifice wrote:

I also want to make a start with digital drawing, just to find out if it's fun or not, because I only draw traditional right now and all the digital drawings I made were done with my mouse XD. I don't want to start with a really expensive tablet made especially for drawing, cause $30 isn't a lot of money, is it?
It's not recommended for drawing, because it's too small. I'm no artist, but that is what I've been told

SatireSacrifice wrote:

Extra: Under my name is a word that says "Rythm rookie" what does osu mean with that? Does it mean that my skills aren't super good or is it because I only posted one thing yet? cx
It means that you haven't posted much yet. It doesn't have anything to do with osu skill

Hope that helped
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

-JaZe- wrote:

I don't think they're even in stock, and they're usually reserved for supporters first, I think
Btw, I knew they weren't in stock and the chance I'd get it was small, but I really wanted some information about it.

-JaZe- wrote:

I do think tablet is a bit easier. It won't magically make you better, though. If you're doing 3 star songs now, you'll still be doing 3 star songs until you put the effort in.
Ofcourse I understand that! It's just that I also play some songs with big jumps and I can't keep it up with my mouse, so I think that I can at least improve that with a tablet.

-JaZe- wrote:

I have the huion 420, which is basically the same thing, and it's not bad. Be aware that I have never owned another tablet, so I don't know if I would like any other tablets more.
Ah! A black one! Way better! XD
Didn't know that the osu tablet was just some kind of design, thank you! I'm gonna look it up, maybe it's available in some computer shops ect in my country.

-JaZe- wrote:

It's not recommended for drawing, because it's too small. I'm no artist, but that is what I've been told
Hm, I know it isn't ideal. But I already made some digital drawings using my mouse, so a tablet won't make it worse I guess :p And I don't wanna buy a expensive drawing tablet to find out that I can't work well with tablets and have a bad buy..

-JaZe- wrote:

It means that you haven't posted much yet. It doesn't have anything to do with osu skill
Ah thanks! The word 'rythm' gave me the idea it was about osu skills...

Thanks a lot, It really helped!

Gumpyyy wrote:

Rhythm Rookie means small amounts of posts
and yes the tablet is good, but your better of getting the H420 as it's the exact same
Thank you too!
sayonara_sekai
drawing with a small tablet is horrible

i wouldnt get a tablet until you are 100% committed to playing the game for a long time. you have 1k playcount and already thinking that your equipment is at fault so its very likely that you'll give up and regret your purchase.

but its your money
Fluxi

phonics wrote:

i wouldnt get a tablet until you are 100% committed to playing the game for a long time. you have 1k playcount and already thinking that your equipment is at fault so its very likely that you'll give up and regret your purchase.

but its your money

I second this, if I was you, I would spend a bit more time getting to know the game and then when you feel you are ready to move one, get a tablet.

HOWEVER, starting with a tablet is not a horrible idea either but just be sure that you are willing to commit to it.

In the end, its all preference
Bauxe

SatireSacrifice wrote:

Ofcourse I understand that! It's just that I also play some songs with big jumps and I can't keep it up with my mouse, so I think that I can at least improve that with a tablet.
Tablet isn't going to solve that. That requires a little something called 'practice'.
cheaptricks
The osu tablet, which is the same as Huion H420, is a fine tablet. It works perfectly fine for osu, but the pen is a bit bulky/heavy and the active area isn't that big so that's one thing to keep in mind about this tablet. I would personally recommend saving up some more money for a better tablet with a larger active area, like a Wacom Intuos CTL-480 (the H420 is about $25 on Amazon I think, and CTL-480 is $60). I own 3 tablets btw- Wacom CTL-480, CTH-470 and Huion-H420.
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

phonics wrote:

but its your money
Well, I understand what you mean. But I really have to practice digital drawing, right now it's for fun but I want to go to a school for arts after high school. So right now it's mostly for fun, but chances are big that I need some experience with a drawing tablet later. I looked some more things up tablets, and I found some more tablets which I can use for more than Osu.
About the equiment, right now I play with a mouse that I already have for almost 10 years I think... So sometimes I have a lot of trouble playing osu because my mouse stars to do weird things, so yeah, I actually need an equiment change.
Right now I'm only browsing to find something that fits me.
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

cheaptricks wrote:

The osu tablet, which is the same as Huion H420, is a fine tablet. It works perfectly fine for osu, but the pen is a bit bulky/heavy and the active area isn't that big so that's one thing to keep in mind about this tablet. I would personally recommend saving up some more money for a better tablet with a larger active area, like a Wacom Intuos CTL-480 (the H420 is about $25 on Amazon I think, and CTL-480 is $60). I own 3 tablets btw- Wacom CTL-480, CTH-470 and Huion-H420.
I saw the Wacom Intuos Pen&Touch (Not sure, but I think that was the CTL-480) on a website of a computershop in my country! It's 55 euros, approx $69. I looked some more information up about it and it looked really good. Could you maybe tell me which one you prefer to play with? I wanna use it for Osu, and probably also for drawing.
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

Bauxe wrote:

SatireSacrifice wrote:

Tablet isn't going to solve that. That requires a little something called 'practice'.
I understand what you mean, but my dpi/sensitivity is too low for that and I can't change that because my mouse is really old. I already put the sensitivity inside game on the highest as possible. And since there are lots of people who say that you have a better control when playing with a tablet I think I prefer that over a gaming mouse.
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

SmexyKiss wrote:

phonics wrote:

but its your money

I second this, if I was you, I would spend a bit more time getting to know the game and then when you feel you are ready to move one, get a tablet.

HOWEVER, starting with a tablet is not a horrible idea either but just be sure that you are willing to commit to it.

Like I said in one of my other replies, I'm not only going to use it for osu. i just think it's a good idea to try it out, and because I like traditional drawing, and I've made some digital drawings with my mouse(And man.. that works baddd >.<)
Fluxi

SatireSacrifice wrote:

SmexyKiss wrote:

Like I said in one of my other replies, I'm not only going to use it for osu. i just think it's a good idea to try it out, and because I like traditional drawing, and I've made some digital drawings with my mouse(And man.. that works baddd >.<)
If you enjoy drawing the by all means get a tablet which will also allow you to play osu.

If you plan to use it to draw as well then just like others have said, get a bigger tablet giving you more freedom. Also when it comes to drawing, people I know prefer to have bigger tablets and they have also said they prefer Wacom tablets when comes down to fine art compared to the bulky pen of the Huion- H420
Topic Starter
SatireSacrifice

SmexyKiss wrote:

If you enjoy drawing the by all means get a tablet which will also allow you to play osu.

If you plan to use it to draw as well then just like others have said, get a bigger tablet giving you more freedom. Also when it comes to drawing, people I know prefer to have bigger tablets and they have also said they prefer Wacom tablets when comes down to fine art compared to the bulky pen of the Huion- H420
Thanks :) I already found a Wacom Intuos pen&touch tablet, and it looks really good. It's A5 format so I think that's big enough (At least for a while :p) Yesterday and today I did some research, and also asked a friend of me (Who also has a drawing tablet and draws a lot) I already came to the conlusion that that tablet'd be better than a huion h420, so right now I'm considering if I'll buy one or not. I already want a drawing tablet for approx 1-2 years, and I think it's about time to really buy one.
Bauxe

SatireSacrifice wrote:

I understand what you mean, but my dpi/sensitivity is too low for that and I can't change that because my mouse is really old. I already put the sensitivity inside game on the highest as possible. And since there are lots of people who say that you have a better control when playing with a tablet I think I prefer that over a gaming mouse.
I highly doubt your sensitivity is too low, especially if you are using 5x ingame.

You could instead buy a new mouse, which honestly would go to more use. Also, no one has proper control after 1,000 playcount. You really haven't played enough to make a proper judgement.
cheezstik
Like the others said, you might regret your purchase, as even though $30 isn't that big of a deal, it might've been better spent towards anything else if you end up just quitting the game and not end up drawing (which seems pretty hard on a tablet that small, in fact, I'm on a full size tablet and I couldn't draw when I tried).