forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
PatZar
the editor : BG auto-delete ;w;
drum drum
Yes it's best if no one uses the cutting edge editor until everything is sorted.
Kurokami
I'm not sure if I should post this but this related to something else, maybe.

Samui_old_1
I believe it is t/257811
- Marco -
I would like to report that if you run the updater from the option it runs twice
arcwinolivirus
I do believe that the AiMod in the latest cutting-edge is very helpful in mania mode. (Because of the new detection of 1ms unsnapped notes)

But the auto-delete of BG is a problem especially if you're the mapper. Hoping for fix
Flanster
Getting a message popup here.

Start osu!.exe while osu! is already running. The osu!updater window will pop up with "please close osu! to continue".
When you close the osu!updater window, your osu! window wille get a message popup like this.

hoshisorakiseki
AiMod (copy from t/260877):
just see the picture.
maybe windows 7 is ok.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141122.5cuttingedge
TCLCNiche

Not sure if related to the build or just an issue at my end but...
Song controls are no longer visible for me as of today, though using keyboard commands can still pause/next track etc.
hiki-p
Idk what happened but EVERYTIME I try to play a beatmap, it goes automatically to auto, and I go to disable it and i try map again and the same thing happens so yeah it's pretty annoying that I cant play
drum drum

hiki-p wrote:

Idk what happened but EVERYTIME I try to play a beatmap, it goes automatically to auto, and I go to disable it and i try map again and the same thing happens so yeah it's pretty annoying that I cant play
That;s not something that belongs here. Make a new thread.
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix menu triangles not hiding correctly when disabled.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141125.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
Kitokofox
What? BANCHOBOAT! SHE SPEAKS!

anyways..

t/261410 This issue of how much extra stuff osu! leaves behind after closing, especially on current open windows is not only disconcerting but also related to this mega-bug.

Honestly, other than what's listed, cutting edge works really smoothly, especially during game-play, which is even more awesome.
Ayaya
After the update, I can't open osu now, gets a error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #xh.#5o.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#rs()
at #Lg.#Ng.#JJ()
at #sn.#do.#Teb()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
MrNiacin
Same here

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #xh.#5o.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#rs()
at #Lg.#Ng.#JJ()
at #sn.#do.#Teb()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
KosMos_pv
I also can't open latest build but I found a temporary solution.
In osu!.<username>.cfg change menuMusic to 1 and try again. Osu will start.
Now osu is crashing in test build if osu! music theme is disabled.
IA42
Same here :cry:
ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #xh.#5o.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#rs()
at #Lg.#Ng.#JJ()
at #sn.#do.#Teb()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
Ayaya
Fixed
peppy
Fixed crashes.
IA42
sorry but the song preview seems wrong... after the song done the song preview not start the song from first like before but from song preview point it is intended????

EDIT: t/261552
GAMI

BanchoBot wrote:

This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix menu triangles not hiding correctly when disabled.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141125.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
bancho has risen up
tsundoll
FPS in catch the beat is lower as of today by 100. Doesn't happen in the menu at all, and on stable it doesn't happen. It's not smooth at all. Going to reinstall and see if problem persists.

Edit: Reinstalled, still the same. Might fix itself with next build
drum drum
Your system might not be able to handle cutting edge, in that case switch to stable for now and try again later.
tsundoll

drum drum wrote:

Your system might not be able to handle cutting edge, in that case switch to stable for now and try again later.
It handled it fine last night. Something clearly changed in the new build is all.

drum drum
If you can handle stable there is no problem at all.
Piine

drum drum wrote:

If you can handle stable there is no problem at all.
drum drum do understand as cutting edge is usually for devs testing updates and features, most updates after severe testing (though in most cases in work for some and doesn't work for some) are usually pushed into the Stable client. So if users are having issues even opening the client, its best to keep it noted to avoid hazardous results
Kennyd

tsundoll wrote:

FPS in catch the beat is lower as of today by 100. Doesn't happen in the menu at all, and on stable it doesn't happen. It's not smooth at all. Going to reinstall and see if problem persists.

Same on my side :D Sorry for the edit I just read the first and the second pages and was thinking I was the only one with this issue.
tsundoll

Kennyd wrote:

After the newest update the falling fruits in ctb lost the smootheness. It looks same as if I play with a framelimiter with 120 fps. But the game says it's running with 1.500 fps. I tested the stable build and in this the fruits fall a lot smoother. I hope you can get what I want to tell you ^^.
This is exactly what I was talking about.
drum drum
Acknowledged
KingTaTo
For some reason, when I try to select different resolution for osu! (currently in full screen), nothing seems to happen, as in it still stayed in full screen despite the other option being highlighted. And yes, I did have full screen option off.

Edit: Just tried switching between the stable and cuttingedge build and it seems to happen for both of them it looks like. Even after reinstalling osu!.
drum drum

KingTaTo wrote:

For some reason, when I try to select different resolution for osu! (currently in full screen), nothing seems to happen, as in it still stayed in full screen despite the other option being highlighted. And yes, I did have full screen option off.

Edit: Just tried switching between the stable and cuttingedge build and it seems to happen for both of them it looks like. Even after reinstalling osu!.
make a new thread for this if it happens on both builds
peppy

tsundoll wrote:

do NOT EVER REINSTALL. it will NEVER FIX YOUR PROBLEM. ffs
tsundoll

peppy wrote:

tsundoll wrote:

do NOT EVER REINSTALL. it will NEVER FIX YOUR PROBLEM. ffs
It did for one thing in the past I had corrupt files in my directory
peppy
If you have corrupt files you don't reinstall,l you remove the corrupt files.
renoxz
Scorescreen in multiplayer seems broken. Doesn't display detailed results, just the blank screen with the players on the right. Problem confirmed on 2 cutting edge clients so far, wasn't occuring on stable. FPS have been pretty low for me since yesterday as well. I usually get 2,7k, now I'm getting 1k max (average about 500, lowpeaks at 120).

http://puu.sh/d6i3j/8350396b53.jpg
drum drum
p/3527978
Some users can't hear previews from osu!direct.
renoxz
I've been testing it again now and it the details do actually appear after a while (They flash up one at a time, dissapear again, then you're grade shows up in the middle of it and after that the rest of the details show up permanently). I don't know if that's just a new way of displaying the scores in cutting edge, so I'm not sure if a new thread is really necessary. If so, just delete my nonsense. If not, I'll make one.

http://puu.sh/d6n20/c8fa803e48.jpg
http://puu.sh/d6n0G/1a5961479d.jpg
http://puu.sh/d6n1d/6cbd1b9a50.jpg
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Triangles still appear regardless if you have the setting disabled. nothing has changed. I checked the code and you have so many things telling the game to produce triangles. Just restricting them from drawing doesn't matter when they draw from the update thread itself when produce triangles is enabled.
drum drum
Not those triangles, the ones in the main menu not transitions.
Ayaya

renoxz wrote:

I've been testing it again now and it the details do actually appear after a while (They flash up one at a time, dissapear again, then you're grade shows up in the middle of it and after that the rest of the details show up permanently). I don't know if that's just a new way of displaying the scores in cutting edge, so I'm not sure if a new thread is really necessary. If so, just delete my nonsense. If not, I'll make one.

http://puu.sh/d6n20/c8fa803e48.jpg
http://puu.sh/d6n0G/1a5961479d.jpg
http://puu.sh/d6n1d/6cbd1b9a50.jpg
I get this too
show more