forum

How do you play Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doomsdaddy
I'm pretty sure there might be/have been a thread like this around before, but considering my magnificent laziness and utter need for effort, I instead decided to make a thread myself.

So... how do you play Osu?

Feel free to describe however you want, but I'll give you some "questions" or points to answer to in it. You don't have to answer to them, they're just for help in case you can't really say anything otherwise. Because I am a pleb, I shall use the points I create to answer to them... instead of thoroughly describing how I play. :)

Things like:
- Do you use a tablet/mouse?
- Tablet/mouse model?
- DPI:
(basically mouse sensitivity, commonly found in more expensive mice as a part of their own program or such... not entirely correct but I'll leave some other person to describe it further if they want)
- Mouse sensitivity: (either in Windows Control Panel or Osu Settings - telling either one is fine to me. Both? If you want to)
- Hand position: (how you place your hand on the mouse or tablet, how you hold the tablet pen (stylus?))
- Do you use a mouse mat/mousepad?

- Do you use a tablet/mouse? I use a mouse, as of now anyway.
- Tablet/mouse model? It's a Razer Lachesis 5600DPI version.
- DPI: Varies, between 2000-3000 DPI mostly. Seeing people have 800 DPI and the like, it might seem quite much to them... it felt a bit slow, although more accurate. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.
- Mouse sensitivity: 1x - 1.4x on Osu!. I've not changed the Windows settings, at least I don't recall having done so.
- Hand position: Covering all of the mouse, thumb on the left side of the mouse, index finger on the left click, middle finger on the right click, ring finger on the right side and little finger lying on the mousepad/mouse mat.
- Do you use a mouse mat/mouse pad? Yes, it's a Razer product as well. Don't remember the name though. And before anyone thinks about it, I'm not really a Razer fanboy, I simply think their products are rather nice-looking, lol.
Woobowiz

M8gazine wrote:

I'm pretty sure there might be/have been a thread like this around before
Correct

M8gazine wrote:

but considering my magnificent laziness and utter need for effort, I instead decided to make a thread myself.
For what purpose

M8gazine wrote:

Very carefully

M8gazine wrote:

Because I am a pleb
You said it, not me

M8gazine wrote:

- DPI: Varies, between 2000-3000 DPI mostly. Seeing people have 800 DPI and the like, it might seem quite much to them... it felt a bit slow, although more accurate. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.
- Mouse sensitivity: 1x - 1.4x on Osu!. I've not changed the Windows settings, at least I don't recall having done so.
- Hand position: Covering all of the mouse, thumb on the left side of the mouse, index finger on the left click, middle finger on the right click, ring finger on the right side and little finger lying on the mousepad/mouse mat.
- Do you use a mouse mat/mouse pad? Yes, it's a Razer product as well. Don't remember the name though. And before anyone thinks about it, I'm not really a Razer fanboy, I simply think their products are rather nice-looking, lol.
Looks more like general setup/specs rather than Playstyle.

2/10 post, would not read again.
[-Cloud-]
Like your progress thread.
DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUM
Woobowiz

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Like your progress thread.
DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUM
It was a phase
Topic Starter
Doomsdaddy

Woobowiz wrote:

M8gazine wrote:

I'm pretty sure there might be/have been a thread like this around before
Correct

M8gazine wrote:

but considering my magnificent laziness and utter need for effort, I instead decided to make a thread myself.
For what purpose

M8gazine wrote:

Very carefully

M8gazine wrote:

Because I am a pleb
You said it, not me

M8gazine wrote:

Looks more like general setup/specs rather than Playstyle.

2/10 post, would not read again.
8/8, would read and respond to again.
dung eater
My playstyle is getting lucky.
[ yogurt ]
I play osu! badly.
Bauxe
- Do you use a tablet/mouse? Touchscreen
- Tablet/mouse model? Touchscreen
- DPI: Touchscreen
- Mouse sensitivity: Touchscreen
- Hand position: Touchscreen
- Do you use a mouse mat/mousepad? Touchscreen
FrzR
- Do you use a tablet/mouse? #mousemasterrace
- Tablet/mouse model? Logitech G400s
- DPI 1200
- Mouse Sensitivity 1.0x Raw Input On
- Hand Position I'd refer this as grip, so I'll say Fingertip Grip.
- Do you use a mouse mat/mousepad? Yes, SteelSeries QcK
winber1
i have begun a revolution to make g&r the most useless forum

come my followers, tonight we dine in triumph
FrzR

winber1 wrote:

I shall go with you my lord.
Karuta-_old_1

winber1 wrote:

count me in
cheezstik

winber1 wrote:

implying it isn't already :O
Dexus
You play osu! by playing the way you see fit. If something bad is happening you're doing it wrong ( unless that is your intent, to be bad ). End of discussion.

winber1 wrote:

Winber, G&R has already been useless, don't get full of yourself just because your edgy jokes are amusing to some people.
ZenithPhantasm
- Do you use a tablet/mouse? Mouse
- Tablet/mouse model? Logitech G100S (Switching to Logitech G302 when Amazon decides to ship it lol. Preorder4life)
- DPI: 1000
- Mouse sensitivity: Windows 6/11, osu! 1.0x Raw Input ON
- Hand position:
- Do you use a mouse mat/mousepad? Puretrak Talent with a Puretrak Stealth as a backup and keyboard mat.
winber1
i never said i took pride in my retardation

all i am saying is that i have converted more people than expected to becoming douchebags like me
fieryrage

winber1 wrote:

all i am saying is that i have converted more people than expected to becoming douchebags like me
heh

- Do you use a tablet/mouse? mouse
- Tablet/mouse model? Razer DeathAdder 2013
- DPI: 1100
- Mouse Sensitivity: ~1.25x raw input on
- Hand Position: I have no idea, to be honest

and no "proper" mousepad (the one I use is, like, 5 years old and I don't even know what it's called)
Dracool_old_1
- Do you use a tablet/mouse? tablet
- Tablet/mouse model? Huion 420
- DPI: 1K
- Mouse sensitivity: 1
- Hand position: I hold a pen as a normal human being would hold a pen.
- Do you use a mouse mat/mousepad? i use a mousepad for a tablet ofc lol
Sorun

winber1 wrote:

If I blink slow enough you just might hit 10k post
winber1
i might need a second re-evaulation of my life if i hit that point
Dexus
Second
oh man
buny

winber1 wrote:

retard reporting in

what's for lunch?