Total Posts
show more
Marcin
was he

can't find it in log.
jesse1412

Loctav wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

weren't you posting the exact lame speech in #commentary?
What the fuck did you say about my copy pasting skills....
pooptartsonas
I have over 300 confirmed successful copy+pastes.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Marcin wrote:

was he

can't find it in log.
Neil Watts
oh btw, wiki owners, notice that lesslunatic changed his username. o/
Can't edit the page myself, it's locked.
ToGlette

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

manjumochi wrote:

Well, it lags even in normal spectator mode (and with same problems), maybe this could be a hint to solve (or not, because of internet connections all over the world have a lot of variations, even good internet connection sometimes have lag).
it lags when you have over 10k clients connecting to osu! doing all sort of stuffs

I am guessing that these teams will make it to quarter finals based on history and statistic (basically nothing)

Germany, Netherlands, Taiwan, Austria, Argentina, Japan, Poland, South Korea

Hopefully I am wrong though, someone might hate me for jinxing them

Why South Korea? Shouldn't it be China :)

and goodbye jesse cuz Austria will rekt UK :)
Unusual-bot
so, when will the loser bracket be held?
Xayne

-Soba- wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

it lags when you have over 10k clients connecting to osu! doing all sort of stuffs

I am guessing that these teams will make it to quarter finals based on history and statistic (basically nothing)

Wow, prepare yourself for us freedoming all over your silly predictions
AmaiHachimitsu

NaCulus wrote:

I don't know but I smell a big drama.
fartownik

NaCulus wrote:

I believe it starts next week. I think we haven't been given details because the staff is still figuring out how to do it most efficiently, because it really will be a cluster of matches and some weird delays when the Winner's Bracket is done.
Topic Starter
Loctav

fartownik wrote:

NaCulus wrote:

I believe it starts next week. I think we haven't been given details because the staff is still figuring out how to do it most efficiently, because it really will be a cluster of matches and some weird delays when the Winner's Bracket is done.
Read the ruleset? Its all written there.
Omgforz

ToGlette wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Why South Korea? Shouldn't it be China :)

and goodbye jesse cuz Austria will rekt UK :)
too bad alumetorz can't play due to a serbian festival, just like last year when we were against latvia, so rip austria for now haha
AmaiHachimitsu

Loctav wrote:

Read the posts?

The question was when it starts, not what it will look like. And I don't see any information about that in Stage Instructions. What we want to know is when and under which mappool (present or next) loser's bracket matches will be scheduled. It's for the losing teams to be informed as not to be suddenly surprised with "you're playing tomorrow at 9am" or similar info.
Topic Starter
Loctav

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Read the posts?

The question was when it starts, not what it will look like. And I don't see any information about that in Stage Instructions. What we want to know is when and under which mappool (present or next) loser's bracket matches will be scheduled. It's for the losing teams to be informed as not to be suddenly surprised with "you're playing tomorrow at 9am" or similar info.
You shouldnt worry about such stuff too much. Every match is scheduled and pool-assigned to the according round in the table. There are letters, there is a round name. There you have your assignment.
Gangsterkill
This tournament.... I can't even.

also #freeHappystick
Athrun
So much hate on Locatav in Australia vs Netherlands...

And now the censorship. This chat is turning into communism where every single rude comment will be shot on sight.
R.I.P.
Morurc

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

So much hate on Locatav in Australia vs Netherlands...
For a good reason though.. If you're gonna make stuff up on the fly as a staff member for the OWC just because you can't handle a joke, the OWC loses a lot of credibility.
Athrun
Man this is turning serious.
Some picture highlights:

Attempt of clearing the commotion

Second time. They actually stopped the comment flow...

The happystick movement

The chat has ever gone so quiet.. A first in OWC history
Is this the next Tienanmen Square incident?
fartownik

I expect this post to be deleted but whatever, at least so many people can see this.
[ Joey ]
The way Loctav is acting is really cheapening the OWC imo
Athrun

fartownik wrote:

My god. Communism...

[ Joey ] wrote:

The way Loctav is acting is really cheapening the OWC imo
This is why I really liked last year's positioning of the tournament. It all went ever so smoothly.
AmaiHachimitsu
I don't know if you're having a bad day Loctav, but this time you committed a sin of power abuse.

You literally threatened Fuxvanes with 2h silence for saying "chill". This is far beyond the proper way of managing a tournament.

In this case I'm inclined to really say it

Chill, please

Thanks
fartownik

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Chill, please
You're sentenced to a lifetime in jail.
Athrun

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I don't know if you're having a bad day Loctav, but this time you committed a sin of power abuse.

You literally threatened Fuxvanes with 2h silence for saying "chill". This is far beyond the proper way of managing a tournament.

In this case I'm inclined to really say it

Chill, please

Thanks
This is probably going too far for what Loctav said. It's too intense. Probably really stressed today.
He wouldn't be the kind of person to do this, wow.
Kamikaze
I'm expecting another wipeout in this thread soon
The chat was pretty retarded from my point of view, but those silences were dumb as well. You should be a bit more tolerant on jokes, honestly.
Also serious question: will that loser bracket thing be on rest of world cups as well?
based god lil b
Athrun

-Kamikaze- wrote:

The chat was pretty retarded from my point of view, but those silences were dumb as well. You should be a bit more tolerant on jokes, honestly.
Also serious question: will that loser bracket thing be on rest of world cups as well?
There will be another one. Did this kind of thing happen last year? I don't recall it happening last year.
And for that question, probably.
JappyBabes

-Kamikaze- wrote:

it's twitch chat, what do you expect? it's just that the individuals modding the chat either weren't familiar with twitch as a platform or how to moderate larger channels. and ya, thread wipe inc
Kamikaze
It was peaceful owc last year, so was mwc
Athrun
This tournament is already taking its turn on the bad side...

-Kamikaze- wrote:

It was peaceful owc last year, so was mwc
Then.. what has changed this year?
Oh right, most of the players got banned from the tournament, that's what happened...
Xayne
The way they are trying to moderate Twitch chat is horrid. Definitely driving people away. You'd think it was their first time ever on Twitch. The production of this has to be one of the worst I've ever seen for a gaming competition. I love osu, but this is just embarrassing. I'm not sure if osu actually wants to try to get bigger on the e-sports stage, but with stuff like this, it's going nowhere fast. If it doesn't care about that scene, then it definitely shows and I just need to lower expectations of production.
Kamikaze

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Oh right, most of the players got banned from the tournament, that's what happened...
There were bans in mwc tho. I mean, WHOLE Candian 7K team got banned from it because of multi's. Also some teams didn't participate in any matches and there were issues with timezones and maps being too easy in groups (like 3,5* maps), but there wasn't even a tiny bit of dramas that are here
xarathas

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Communism
Please stop using that word if you clearly have no idea what it means, lol
plaatinum
It definitely seems like the mods have absolutely no idea how to moderate twitch chat. I eventually just left the stream because the smart mods decide the best way to fix everything is to silence the chat.
Nashmun
Same story every year. The same childs keep whining before the tournament even begin and keep whining until the tournament ends. yet they are still here every year, you threat every year but you never do anything. Just undertake your words, and don't play if you are unhappy, stop building unecessary drama everytime. If you think people can do whatever they want just because they are good players without facing any consequencies just make your own tournament where people can do whatever they like, say whatever they want and behave as diresrespectful and offensive as they want. The rules were clear from the beginning, if you don't agree with them just don't register...

And the twitch chat was being a huge cancer.

And by the way, you don't know what communism is, so stop spreading it like an insult or to imply you are facing a dictatorship. You also do not know what a dictatorship and your comparison is offensive and arrogant.

I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the matches from now and look forward to the other world cups when people are actually being civilized unlike here.
Heterozygous_old

xarathas wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Communism
Please stop using that word if you clearly have no idea what it means, lol
He's from Hong Kong so I assume he knows what he's talking about...
Bauxe

fartownik wrote:

I expect this post to be deleted but whatever, at least so many people can see this.
OMG how rude of Netherlands not wishing Aus good luck! :(
Tshemmp
I missed the first two matches, what were the results? And mp history links please? :>
Synchrostar

Bauxe wrote:

fartownik wrote:

OMG how rude of Netherlands not wishing Aus good luck! :(
you made us play at 11am, what did you expect lol
[ Joey ]

Nashmun wrote:

And the twitch chat was being a huge cancer.
You say to stop using "communism" as an insult because it is offensive, but you use the term "cancer" improperly, and that can be very offensive to some people
show more