forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
mdr
Hello, since the Yosemite update Osu has been capped to 60FPS and the cursor is like laggy. However, sometimes, at the start of Osu, it does start at 120FPS which is the value I chosed, but after like 20 seconds, it goes back to 60FPS with the "laggy" cursor. I'm pretty sure the problem is from Yosemite because it's since this update that I got the problem, for info I'm playing on a Macbook pro 15" Retina from late 2013 with Intel Iris Pro Graphics

Have any of you experienced the same problem?

Thanks
ShinzuiSin
The .dmg file is not working because the image is not recognised. Can anyone help me? I'm on the mac osx 27 inch/
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
AGRX
mdr

Agrrox wrote:

Fucboi wrote:

Hello, since the Yosemite update Osu has been capped to 60FPS and the cursor is like laggy. However, sometimes, at the start of Osu, it does start at 120FPS which is the value I chosed, but after like 20 seconds, it goes back to 60FPS with the "laggy" cursor. I'm pretty sure the problem is from Yosemite because it's since this update that I got the problem, for info I'm playing on a Macbook pro 15" Retina from late 2013 with Intel Iris Pro Graphics

Thanks
try this

right click osu application found in finder.
click open package contents.
click on wineskin.
click on "advanced" option
click on "tools" option
click on "update wrapper"
once thats done click on "Test Run".
Thanks for the answer, my wrapper was already updated so there was no new update, however I did some research and found that the same problem also occurred on CS:GO, and probably more other games. I guess we'll just have to wait for a fix from Apple since a downgrade isn't possible
Twikzer
I have a Mac Boock pro Retina 13¨ end 2013 top of line (i7 2,8 GHz, 500G SSD PCI, (8G DDR3 1600 MHz), and with a wacom into pend an touch, and the game is imposible to play, is full of lag. But in a iMac medium size early 2009 or 2008 (i5 or i3, 8G kingston DDR3, 350 G HDD), i not remember now, it work perfect, and with the same wacom, but with old osu.

Edit:
ok, i try in a hackinthos with a i7-5960X 3,5 GHz, HyperX Predator (4x8G) 32G DDR4 2133 MHz, 2x GTX 780 DCII OC, booting in a seagate barracuda 1T 7200 rpm and it was the same results tan the mac book.

but in a windows 7 ultimate x64 with i7-5960X oc 5,2GHz, HyperX Predator 32G DDR4 3000 MHz, 2x GTX 780 DCII OC, booting in a HyperX 3K SSD 120G, but osu in a seagate barracuda 3T 7200 rpm it work perfect
valtorb

Fucboi wrote:

Thanks
Same thing on mine. When I updated to Yosemite, Osu just capped to 60fps all of a sudden. I'm not really sure if Apple is even aware of this issue. I just hope it can be fixed by a client update or something. Maybe a wrapper update? Well, I tried to update mine but it just gives an error and tells me to just do a manual update. I really don't want to mess with anything cuz things might get chaotic.

Sometimes if I'm lucky it does go back to 120fps. But most of the time it's capped.
Kurogamii

Twikzer wrote:

I have a Mac Boock pro Retina 13¨ end 2013 top of line (i7 2,8 GHz, 500G SSD PCI, (8G DDR3 1600 MHz), and with a wacom into pend an touch, and the game is imposible to play, is full of lag. But in a iMac medium size early 2009 or 2008 (i5 or i3, 8G kingston DDR3, 350 G HDD), i not remember now, it work perfect, and with the same wacom, but with old osu.

Edit:
ok, i try in a hackinthos with a i7-5960X 3,5 GHz, HyperX Predator (4x8G) 32G DDR4 2133 MHz, 2x GTX 780 DCII OC, booting in a seagate barracuda 1T 7200 rpm and it was the same results tan the mac book.

but in a windows 7 ultimate x64 with i7-5960X oc 5,2GHz, HyperX Predator 32G DDR4 3000 MHz, 2x GTX 780 DCII OC, booting in a HyperX 3K SSD 120G, but osu in a seagate barracuda 3T 7200 rpm it work perfect
hahaha, hackintosh...
my 21" late 2013 iMac is better than hackinthos with a i7-5960X 3,5 GHz, HyperX Predator (4x8G) 32G DDR4 2133 MHz, 2x GTX 780 DCII OC, booting in a seagate barracuda 1T 7200 rpm, never mind

it crashed after i added some beatmaps to "osu! ▸ Contents ▸ Resources ▸ drive_c ▸ Program Files ▸ osu! ▸ Songs"
Teduh
Since updating to yosemite, my Osu just won't open. It shows the icon in the dock for 2 seconds and then disappears. Activity monitor says it's still running though...

EDIT: Downloaded new installer and updated wine same problem. Except after it says updating installer the icon just sits there now. Waited 10 minutes nothing popping up .-.
Mulle_old_1
this works pretty good, why the 120fps cap tho?
AGRX
LuCy200131
It is working in android too ? If in andoroid now goodbye for my laptop :3
Novixion
I haven't had any issues with Osu! since the update to OS X Yosemite.

Mulle wrote:

this works pretty good, why the 120fps cap tho?
You have to manually configure another frame limit in the config folder.
Teduh
Heh, am I the only with issues then? .-. I've tried reinstalling the game so many times and nothing seems to be working.

Also what are the osu!.desktop and osu!.lnk files supposed to be?
Invinciblejo
Hi, I would like to create a beatman but when i click on the edit button my screen turns blue. I waited 10 minute but nothing happened. Can somebody help me ?
AGRX
Invinciblejo

Agrrox wrote:

AbootCanada wrote:

Heh, am I the only with issues then? .-. I've tried reinstalling the game so many times and nothing seems to be working.

Delete those files, they belong to windows and not to mac osx.

Invinciblejo wrote:

Hi, I would like to create a beatman but when i click on the edit button my screen turns blue. I waited 10 minute but nothing happened. Can somebody help me ?
Osu beatmap editor works only in windowed mode, this true for both windows and mac.
Thanks for help .
senorturtle_old
Help!
I have the newest version of OS on my macbook air 13 inch and im getting the following error (never played osu! on my mac):

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

Can someone help?
Thanks
Teduh

Agrrox wrote:

AbootCanada wrote:

Delete those files, they belong to windows and not to mac osx.

Invinciblejo wrote:

Osu beatmap editor works only in windowed mode, this true for both windows and mac.
I've deleted those files but Osu! still refuses to launch aside from the updater.
lnjohn
seems like that it doesn't fit for OS X Yosemite :o
I updated my Operation System recently, and found that it shows error:
Novixion
With the latest release for CuttingEdge, I really really love the new update and the new style of Osu!

Bug to report: Constantly asking for a client restart despite clicking on them all the time.
Won't allow reversion to Stable.

Otherwise everything is fine.
Running Yosemite
Topic Starter
peppy

Novixion wrote:

With the latest release for CuttingEdge, I really really love the new update and the new style of Osu!

Bug to report: Constantly asking for a client restart despite clicking on them all the time.

Running Yosemite
t/257615
Novixion

peppy wrote:

Novixion wrote:

Running Yosemite
t/257615
Thank you peppy!
Satostyle
Wow my osu! icon is below on the dock when i start it but the window with the game doesn't appear... help pls
Novixion

Satostyle wrote:

Wow my osu! icon is below on the dock when i start it but the window with the game doesn't appear... help pls
Icon doesn't bounce anymore. Game will open after a small amount of time.
[Cup]
Whenever I try to install osu! the game will update but won't even bother oprning. I've reinstalled at least 10 times over the past week. Help!
Running Yosemite
Mifuyu_VTuber

peppy wrote:

What do you see in osu!? Can you provide screenshots? Also have you tried restarting osu!?
Ummm~ Yeah.
In the biginning it does start up! As good as the windows version to say the truth!
But after starting it up it doesn't quit on its own (after i press exit) so i have to do force-quit to be able to shut down my computer.
But then the next time when you try to play osu (click on the app/logo) it doesn't start up at all!!!
When you open the force-quit pannel again and try opening osu and looking at the pannel you can see it apear (osu) and dissapear very fast!
Because of this problem i have to re-download the beta version every time. (i have like 7 disfunctional osu applications on my comuter now ^^')

Please try and figure out how to stop this problem, or give me any tips on what i should do when that happens >O<
Mifuyu_VTuber

Bloomsbomb wrote:

Whenever I try to install osu! the game will update but won't even bother oprning. I've reinstalled at least 10 times over the past week. Help!
Running Yosemite
I've got exact the same problem but then a bit different!
renmyu
I love this.

but I have one question.
What should I do if I want to be in window mode?
impossible?

I have used Yosemite.
Teduh

Bloomsbomb wrote:

Running Yosemite
Yep had this problem since the update and haven't found a fix yet.
TechnoBuffalos
I feel like OSU! mac doesn't support Yosemite yet. It just sits in my dock and doesn't do anything. This is the updated version also.

Edit: I just read supported versions; Mavericks is the latest supported version.
Avelumineux
after i play a beatmap and when i click exit to menu, it stays at a black screen and i had to restart osu

using Yosemite
[Cup]

TechnoBuffalos wrote:

I feel like OSU! mac doesn't support Yosemite yet. It just sits in my dock and doesn't do anything. This is the updated version also.

Edit: I just read supported versions; Mavericks is the latest supported version.
The problem for me is that it didn't even work with maverick
le oni
Actually i cant download osu! the first one (not offline).
and i download the offline one but itscant instal.
how should i do ?
Can i play with my friends?
Can my score submit in osu! ?
and once more, can i use skin that i download ?
Novixion
I'll share my wineskin wrapper's info if that may perhaps help you guys. I've never really had many problems running osu!

Running Yosemite, also worked back in Mavericks.

My only dissatisfaction with this version is that I cannot run osu! in OpenGL mode. I would like to boost my performance (currently 300 fps) so that I have some leeway while streaming (drops to 60 FPS then).

Specs:
Late-2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15"
AGRX
Novixion

Agrrox wrote:

Also did you tried to turn on "decorate window"
seems like you have "Force XQuartz instead of using built in WineskinX11"
maybe update to latest Xquartz may help ? http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

IMHO osu runs better with DirectX than OpenGL when you have powerful rig.
I haven't been able to achieve any noticeable difference, positive nor negative, from messing around with those settings. I even tried reverting back to Stable.

Something I've finally began to notice, my laptop fan does not turn on whenever I play osu!. In the past (1-2 months ago), back when I could top 450+ FPS with current settings, my fan would always be on when osu! was on. Now my fan never turns on when I am running osu! Is there a way to force more Cpu allocation?
AGRX
Novixion

Agrrox wrote:

Both osu! and OSX are not optimized for OpenGL. Osx graphics frameworks are just obsolete.
Are you using unlimited fps cap? Try to set higher custom fps limiter in osu user config file.

I'm happy that i get around 120 fps max on my old crappy macbook :) :) . The fps drops are very noticable when there is something else animated/rendered in the background.
Yeah I use a 300 FPS Custom limiter.

So I think I found the solution to the FPS issue. I just ticked on fullscreen mode, then changed the resolution back to that of the normal windowed mode.
Still no fan going off but on Unlimited was pushing 600 FPS in game (double what I got before hand). It is slightly less stable though.
chems_old
Sorry if this is question already asked, I am running Mavericks and Osu will not show Asian unicode. This terrible for me because I chat with the nice fellas in #japanese. It shows as boxes. Asian unicode is installed on my computer. :roll:
show more