forum

Rank Magically going up :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StateOfDistress
Level: 89 Ranking : 36100

So one day I'll be at 35400 ranking then the next day ill be 35800 ranking. This continues every day to half day. I find this extremely annoying as I obviously cannot be on osu every minute of the day to lower ranking so is there any fix or knowledge I should know of this issue??
Sway
people are overtaking you, completely normal
-sev
No life the game for the rest of your days.
Xayne
Believe it or not, other players are playing when you aren't.
GoldenWolf
It's called "competition"
If you can't afford to spend enough to rank up at ~35k, then I'm afraid you shouldn't even be caring about ranks to begin with
xxdeathx
Well if you haven't noticed, people are ranked by pp. If you're rank 35000, that means you have the 35000th most pp in the world. Someone gets more pp than you, they become #35000 and you get bumped to #35001 and so on. It seems to update when you play a ranked map, so overnight you'll see quite a few people pass you.
cheezstik

xxdeathx wrote:

It seems to update when you play a ranked map, so overnight you'll see quite a few people pass you.
It also automatically updates around every 24 hours, which is why you can still see the current rank of inactive players.
Athrun
Painful but true. If you don't want to be taken over, you need to continue playing.
Fluxi
You now have a choice, your life or Osu! Choose one
Gear

SmexyKiss wrote:

You now have a choice, your life or Osu! Choose one

osu! is life
otoed1
Just an fyi to the op. Rank variation increases and decreases at certain points. as you get higher, it gets harder to gain pp so you will lose rank slower. Around rank 20k people are trying really hard to rank up most of the time so you decay very quickly around there. Same around other similar milestones. I was at 14.9k a little over a week ago, and due to my tablet breaking havent gained pp in the entire week. Current;y, I'm still rank 15.3k. Just goes to show you start to lose rank slowly.
dung eater
Vuelo Eluko
my rank drops like a rock

i was 9500 at a time that feels like yesterday
chainpullz
Well math IS magic so I guess you could say that.
B1rd
If I play a 6 hour day and destroy my hand, I can get 3 or 4 pp which is enough to maintain my rank for the day.
cheezstik

otoed1 wrote:

Just an fyi to the op. Rank variation increases and decreases at certain points. as you get higher, it gets harder to gain pp so you will lose rank slower. Around rank 20k people are trying really hard to rank up most of the time so you decay very quickly around there. Same around other similar milestones. I was at 14.9k a little over a week ago, and due to my tablet breaking havent gained pp in the entire week. Current;y, I'm still rank 15.3k. Just goes to show you start to lose rank slowly.
Yep, if you are good enough to really be at your rank, you should have no trouble maintaining it, or improving faster than decay. I've gained exactly 0 pp from 0 playcount in the last nearly two weeks, and even before then I only played to maintain rank, and in that duration, I only went from 8.5k to 8.7k. A new song that isn't even good enough to be my top 5 could make that rank back instantly.
kevpwns

cheezstik wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

Yep, if you are good enough to really be at your rank, you should have no trouble maintaining it, or improving faster than decay.
Farm DT :^)
buny
you mean going down?

going down ranks = rank # goes up
going up ranks = rank # goes down
cheezstik
Maybe he meant it goes up in number.
buny

cheezstik wrote:

i clicked this thead thinking ops rank was actually going up without playing

im disappointed
cheezstik

buny wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

i clicked this thead thinking ops rank was actually going up without playing

im disappointed
This happens tho, when they do the cleanups of accounts and everyone magically gains rank. I went from 11k to 10k, and my friend went from like 23k to 21k. I kinda wanna get to like just over rank 1k, and maintain it, and then when they do the cleanups, I can say I got to 3 digits by not playing.
Maus
You are not the only player in this game hahah.