forum

Friends list button disable during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +21
Topic Starter
Yarissa
So, this came to mind while I was playing today. Imagine you're playing a song, and you've full comboed straight up to a break. You bring up your friends list to shoot out a PM or reply to that modding request that RLC sent you :^) and the break is ending. Right as the break ends, what usually happens? The friends list disappears. But the break has ended and you pressed your friends list key in an effort to get rid of it (which was counterintuitive!) and now you have RLCs modding request in front of your circles messing up your full combo.

I was thinking of having the friends list hotkey disabled for like 2 seconds after a break ends. Or, additionally, having a feature in options to DISABLE FRIENDS LIST BUTTON ENTIRELY DURING GAMEPLAY. I think this would be a great feature and save a lot of us from raging at one silly accident.

I know some of you will say that this is a waste of time (since it's something that people do by mistake and it's not THAT important) but it's there as a contingency for human error, which happens a lot more often than you might think. I think this could be implemented pretty efficiently/ easily as well.

Thoughts?
buny
fuking rlc

but yeah, i agree this is annoying. Good thing i have no friends
DeletedUser_3905941
jokes on you i have no friends
haxsu
i love it :OOO
Horo
what are friends
Zak
This isn't a huge problem by any means, since it's obviously the fault of whoever does it, but it would be nice to be able to disable it so us stupid people don't screw ourselves over by accident.
silmarilen
untick this and boom
Topic Starter
Yarissa
There's also the option to toggle it on the chat overlay but I'd like to have it permanently hidden with no exceptions. Bringing it up accidently is what we're trying to avoid
Akirabread
So like, look at the keys you're pressing O:
Dazdy_old

Horo wrote:

what are friends
Friends are these things you talk to and hang out with and make them buy you supporter tags I think.
Oinari-sama

Akirabread wrote:

So like, look at the keys you're pressing O:
That's not how to bump a request.

Don't bump a sleeping topic unless you have something useful to add (or really want it). If you don't like the idea, why bring it back by bumping it?

Dazdy wrote:

Horo wrote:

what are friends
Friends are these things you talk to and hang out with and make them buy you supporter tags I think.
Please avoid going off-topic in the Feature Request forum. There's already a place for that.
byfar
you must have some kind of long-ass fingers to hit the f9 key from home key lol
xxdeathx
Well I can't say this is too relevant to me because I don't try to FC songs that are long enough to have breaks, but friends chat is the last thing I would do when I'm in a break. You're like rank #65, you gotta have at least one spectator at all times to smoke write curse words or dicks to if you're bored :P

Also, that example with a mod request from RLC seems oddly specific, care to elaborate?