forum

Allow beatmap colours, while disallowing beatmap skin

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +326
show more
Tari
Seems good, :P toggles are always a plus for me.
neurosis
i see a lot of mappers choose really poor contrast combo colours, but having a toggle for this wouldn't hurt.
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

Purple wrote:

You can have your own half-assed version of this feature by making a clone folder of your skin and removing the combo colours from the skin.cfg. Then you can choose between the two, just like a toggle.

TBH I would prefer a whole bunch of toggles, not just combo colours. Toggle for invisible followpoints, circle transparency, invisible HP bar, etc.
I had already tried that when I was figuring out how to make my own custom skin. Its just that sometimes I think the beatmappers choice of combo colors really helps improve the feel of the map. I do not want to use the skins that come with the maps as it it to hard to play when always changing skins.

Also you can "half-assed" make a clone of your skin and replace the followpoints and HP bar with a 1 pixel image file that has transparency. same goes with circle transparency you can edit the circle to be transparent or not.

Edit: Here it a link to the pixel I was talking about. I uploaded it for you. just rename it to whet ever you want invisible.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcz4ppg6rfghhrj/pixel.png
Removed link PM if you want it.
Jiraymin
I don't like that when I disable the integrated skin it take the custom colors
+1 :)
deadbeat

GoldenFire wrote:

If this has already been requested please give me a link to the thread(I searched for this request for an hour before posting) and I apologize for a duplicate.
i swear this is a dupe....but where's the original gone. ._."
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

deadbeat wrote:

i swear this is a dupe....but where's the original gone. ._."
Yes please if you find the original thread I would much appreciate that.

Thanks
- Marco -
I Agree!
_koinuri
p/2043336/

I think this is it
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

p/2043336/

I think this is it
Thank you Koinuri, would a moderator please mark this thread as a duplicate.

Thanks and sorry for a duplicate.
deadbeat
this has more s.p. so i'll let this one stay
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

deadbeat wrote:

this has more s.p. so i'll let this one stay
Wow thanks deadbeat. :)
Topic Starter
GoldenFire
It has been a healthy 15 days since a post on this thread. so...

BUMP
Bara-
I hate it when there is a custom skin, but the colors are good
This will definitely get my support.
ProfessionalBox
This should be in the game ~
Karuta-_old_1
I disabled all beatmap skin as I've the skin I am using has made me inadept to other ones

But I'll throw in stars anyways since it can be implemented without much trouble
Avishay
Can we get this in-game already? I don't think this is too-hard to implement.
Bara-
Maybe you should renamr thread name
It sounds little awkward
It sounds like it changed the skin you will always use
Please change it (to make it more popular/visible)
Topic Starter
GoldenFire
I put a lot of thought into the name of the thread. I wish for it to represent what this feature would include, although if you have a better way of wording it I will consider it. I am unable to think of a better tittle at this time.
Bara-
Now it sounds like the beatmap's colours will go to your own skin
Maybe make it: 'Allow beatmap colours, while disallowing beatmap skin'
Ace3DF
Same colours get boring over time. I'd like this so it saves me from editing the skin.ini every now and then.
xxdeathx
can we also have the reverse of disabling only the beatmap's combo colors and keeping the skin (especially when it's harmless things like combobursts)? Some mappers use really poor choices of combo colors like dark blue that make approach circles almost invisible when the background is dim (which I know a lot of people do, myself included).
Fanty

xxdeathx wrote:

can we also have the reverse of disabling only the beatmap's combo colors and keeping the skin (especially when it's harmless things like combobursts)?.
Shouldn't be that hard to implement as well.
But yeah, I like this idea. When I'm playing a wintry song with a snowy BG, I don't wanna see red circles, I wanna see which colours the mapper chose to make the map more immersive, while keeping my skin at the same time.

Would give stars but sadly I have none.
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

baraatje123 wrote:

Now it sounds like the beatmap's colours will go to your own skin
Maybe make it: 'Allow beatmap colours, while disallowing beatmap skin'
Yes i like this.
Nyxa

Purple wrote:

TBH I would prefer a whole bunch of toggles, not just combo colours. Toggle for invisible followpoints, circle transparency, invisible HP bar, etc.
Topic Starter
GoldenFire

GoldenFire wrote:

Also you can "half-assed" make a clone of your skin and replace the followpoints and HP bar with a 1 pixel image file that has transparency. same goes with circle transparency you can edit the circle to be transparent or not.
AGRX
sup!
Topic Starter
GoldenFire
Nothing much, just checking my forum thread for any reply's. 8-)
Rapthorn
Bumping this because I would like to know if its possible to implement, do want

Missed something while reading the rules, my bad, wont happen again ;w;
ziin

Rules wrote:

4. Bumping threads without content in the bump post is forbidden. Such foul necromantic acts may come with harsh punishment if done repeatedly.
Just to add to the conversation:

While skin does include beatmap colors, it would be better if they were separate. For example we have the following toggles:
Ignore ALL beatmap skins
Ignore individual beatmap skin
Use default skin while editing

IMO it would be better to split the beatmap skin into 2 sets and fix the edit color bug:
Ignore ALL beatmap skins
Ignore ALL beatmap colors
Ignore individual beatmap skin
Ignore individual beatmap color
Use default skin + beatmap color while editing