forum

Cres - End Time

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loctav

Kyshiro wrote:

Loctav wrote:

And the other diffs are not for her? Apart of all affection, this diff naming remains being stupid.
Would be weird to name all diffs like this, and apart from that, I made the extra diff first, which was a present for her, which wasnt even supposed to be uploaded, later decided to make a full mapset out of it. Hope that kind of clears it up a bit. It has a special meaning behind it

The diff name slot is there to creatively relate to the song, the source or elements of it. This usage of custom difficulty names is not intended by the game design and therefore is a pile of crap. Like p3n said, you can put a fancy storyboard or bake her a cake instead, but the difficulty name is not the field in the metadata, where you put this message.

I probably will get someone to unqualify it.
Zare
Who gives a fck
The map is cool
The diff name does indicate the difficulty
No problems

ohgodthecirclejerkhowdoieven
dkun
Almost all my maps are love songs dedicated to someone. I don't have anything of the sort. How about putting your love and affection to somewhere that won't stir the bucket up?

Or rather, putting it somewhere that matters.
Shohei Ohtani
jesus christ stop the presses we can have shit maps that get through no problem but oh god if a diff name isn't named properly everyone stop what they're doing, this is the most important issue
Azer

CDFA wrote:

jesus christ stop the presses we can have shit maps that get through no problem but oh god if a diff name isn't named properly everyone stop what they're doing, this is the most important issue
Wasn't the diff name rule added because the star system sucked anyway? Really makes me laugh how enforced it is when the system now accurately shows difficulty

This situation is hilarious.
Charles445
Ehh I see what CDFA's getting at, considering how the current star rating system does a pretty darn good job at sorting maps by difficulty already, the names start to lose relevance at determining how difficult a map truly is.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Azer who said like the same thing, damn
Loctav
Oh, come on. If we have a hard time to kick down the questionable unqualifications that require a quite difficult reasoning already, I do not know why we should hesitate to do the easy ones.
Shit, seems like I cant play this extra, 'cuz it isn't for me :cry:
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Didn't feel like rewriting it
richardfeder
easy or...unnecessary?
Zare
I like how "Alextra" or something like that would probably have been accepted no problem
wendao
is this map just got unranked?
Loctav
Since no one is really available to press the buttons, I'll do it on my own.

Please consider, that this diff name is not appropriate and neither related to the song, song theme, source, artist, title, origin or anything that involves the song you mapped (Unless, you wish her death or the end of the world, which I highly doubt)

I appreciate all your affection, but the difficulty name is not the suitable place to express your gift.

[Extra for Alexandra]

Rename to Extra.
Jenny
You see, this is what happens when I don't use osu! for a day.

• *I got here from twitter
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Kaguya Hourain
Oh please.
Kibbleru
well i agree the diff name has no relevance to the song but why cant the mapper have something special engraved for their loved ones...
Sakura
Storyboard, Creator's words, just to name a few examples.
Loctav

Kibbleru wrote:

well i agree the diff name has no relevance to the song but why cant the mapper have something special engraved for their loved ones...
The beatmap description is still offering its service.
Kuron-kun
Is "Easy" "Normal" "Hard" or even "Insane" related to the song?
RemiFlan

Kibbleru wrote:

...Because there's better places to do that than in a difficulty name on a map in osu?
Love

dkun wrote:

Almost all my maps are love songs dedicated to someone. I don't have anything of the sort. How about putting your love and affection to somewhere that won't stir the bucket up?

Or rather, putting it somewhere that matters.
Lust

Kibbleru wrote:

its like getting a map speedranked because its your birthday

sure its a nice gesture but if theres something wrong then im sure as hell it wont stay qualified
Piine
We already had one argument back then about Loctav, and now this is going to be a second one. Can't we just change the difficulty, throw the whatever in the Beatmap Description and continue with life.
Leiwa
We can use free diff name in pending, but not in ranked.
It's just a rule for obstinate people, but certainly rule.
Kyubey

Lust wrote:

its like getting a map speedranked because its your birthday
:(
Kuron-kun
lol I can't really understand why people can put anything else on the diffname and can't put a name of a person even if they specify the diff.
yeah kyshiro i know you're in love etc
but naming diff like "extra for my alexandra" and ranking it... it's weird because ranking means that you made map/diff for whole osu community, not just only one girl
richardfeder
This is ridiculous lel no matter how you measure the diff name, the fact is that it both 1.indicates the difficulty(the fundamental usage of diff name) 2.fit the rules well. If you have any problem regarding the diff name you can to bring it up to the community, but not unqualified it without gathering enough feedback. I highly doubt if the majority of QATs agree on this qualification since it violates none of the rule, and it works perfectly fine as a diff name anyway.
Sakura

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
Really now
Kuron-kun
Is Alexandra related to an username? I don't think so.
konekokittenzzz
stop fighting or nobody's going to toys r us :o
Ayu
Don't blame Kyshiro for stirring up a debate/discussion about the difficulty name just because he wants to expres his love and chose to do it this way. I'd honestly blame Loctav for nitpicking everything and unqualifying something like this, for this reason, it's just asking for it. Like the post above me said, it indicates the difficulty and it's the hardest difficulty of the song, the rules clearly say that the mapper can use a difficulty name they like. So, because there's a name, an expression of love, or maybe just because someone else decides that his dedicated love songs maps difficulty names are masterrace, does that mean that a word, name or anything of the kind has decreased the quality of the map and is worth of this unqualify?

Map follows the rules and guidelines, Loctav, so maybe that's why nobody pressed the button yet. Did you think about that?

edit: other posts above me now, lel.

@Sakura: I think a debate about this has been before already too. The rule was set in place because of the difficulties like CRN and Skystar. That's how they formuled the sentence, and you're taking it way too literal.
Sakura
Maybe yes, Maybe not.
But it's not an appropriate custom difficulty name, as it's unrelated to anything in the song or source.

Anyway if the mapper ever decides to come back and fix that let us know.
Ayu
I doubt it. This is anything but welcoming quality to the community. This map is of quality and it gets denied and doesn't get the love it deserves.
Kuron-kun
As I said before, is "Easy" "Normal" and etc related to the song? No? They should be unrankable diffnames I guess.
Natteke desu
Can somebody just lock this thread for avoiding shitstorm and senseless disputes?
OnosakiHito
I'm abstaining myself from this whole situation and just gonna role up what is written in the rules:

Ranking Creitera wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty - "Extra for my alexandra"
with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. - It is the hardest, yes.
The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name - can be discussed.

You may say the unranker is overtaking it here, but I would rather say, those who try to stand -unconsciously- above the rules are the one who overtake it. No one -not even the QATs- stand above them. If there is any issue with a rule, the community is always able to post a rephrase / change of them in 87 , which we appreciate.

Let me close the thread for a little while so everyone has some time to cool down and rearrange their thoughts. I will reopen it tomorrow.
Garven
Unlocked to move the map forward. Non modding posts will be removed and silences issued.
Sakura
Fixed an issue with widescreen support being disabled on Normal and Extra causing the background to appear as 4:3 unlike the other diffs:

Should be good to go now that the name of Extra is fixed
Bubbled! Good Luck!
Chatlog
20:44 Sakura: Oh hey i found an issue @Kyshiro
20:44 Kyshiro: tell me
20:44 Sakura: seems like Normal isnt widescreen
20:45 Kyshiro: wat
20:45 Sakura: Extra isnt widescreen either
20:45 Kyshiro: ah
20:45 Kyshiro: neither is the easy
20:45 Kyshiro: they werent supposed to be cause there was no sb, just for the hard
20:45 Sakura: nah easy is widescreen
20:45 Kyshiro: forgot to turn that on
20:45 Sakura: just Normal and Extra are missing it
20:45 Kyshiro: weird
20:45 Sakura: well guess it's good that i gave it a check haha
20:46 Kyshiro: well it didnt matter
20:46 Kyshiro: there was no SB for those diffs :c
20:47 Kyshiro: why would you even do that lool
20:48 Kyshiro: i dont.. know lol
20:48 Kyshiro: too tired to thjink
20:48 Kyshiro: been up for 24 hours
20:49 Sakura: Kyshiro: Actually it matters because the background looks 4:3 in the non-widescreen diffs
20:49 Kyshiro: i've been many times
20:49 Kyshiro: every time it feels like a good idea, the regrets. every time.
20:49 Sakura: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2205695 <- see
20:49 Sakura: so it needs to be fixed regardless
20:49 Kyshiro: i know i know
20:49 Kyshiro: but
20:49 Kyshiro: if there's no SB it doesnt do anything lool
20:49 Kyshiro: but yes i fixed
20:50 Kyshiro: i just forgot to when i added the SB instead of diffname
20:50 Sakura: supposedly i guess, but it mattered in this case for some reason
20:52 Sakura: yeah i think that's about it can you submit the update
20:52 Kyshiro: okay
show more