forum

osu!Ambassadors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soinou
I dont know if this is the best place to post this, but well. Here we go.

What is it?

osu!Ambassadors is a list of ambassadors (Yeah, that's in the name), which regroups two players for each game mode, for each country, that will serve as intermediary between countries.

What's the point of this?

The goal of this thing is to tighten relations between countries, and to make them easier. It will allow any player to contact another player, from his country, or from another country, to organize something (That could be anything) really fast.

It will also list active players from each countries, ambassadors or not.

How it works?

The website of osu!Ambassadors is now up and available !

You'll be able to check the list of all countries participating in the project, with the list of active players there, as well as the different ambassadors.

If you manage to find some kind of bug, security hole, leak, or anything that could be harmful, please report it to me, a member of the staff or the ambassador of your country.

Who can use this?

Everyone. Absolutely everyone. Player ranks are included, meaning you'll be able to find a player around your level easily.

Oh, you'll need to know a bit english, since everyone that will message you will probably speak english.

Nice ! How can I register?

That's really easy! If you want to be an ambassador, contact someone from the staff, and they will add you. If you want to be in the list of the active players, ask one of the ambassadors of your country, and they will add you.

Once I'm registered, what will change?

In the end, once you're registered, you won't be obliged to participate in any event or anything. Being registerd only means you'll probably get more mp than usual. One of your ambassadors may contact you, if they're trying to organize an event. Or maybe another player, that just wants to play with you, who knows?

Nothing will force you to respond positively to the private messages, you'll never be forced to participate at anything (But please do respond to the messages, even if negatively, that's more polite).

What will be my job if I'm an ambassador?

If you're an ambassador, you will :

1. Relay internationals informations that you think could be useful to your country
  2. Be the main contact for all the players (in your mode) who want to do something with your country (i.e : organize an event);
  3. Be the voice of your country in your mode
  4. Update the list of active players of your country on the osu!Ambassadors website

I'm an ambassador but I can't login, why ?

The user accounts on the website are made only by the staff, so we'll have to create an account for you first.

For this, please send a pm to one of the staff members, and we'll create you an account. We'll need some informations :

1. Your osu! username
  2. The username you want to use to login on the website
  3. A temporary password, which you'll be able to change later
  4. Your email, only if you want to provide us with this information
Just a quick note, the emails will be visible on the website only by you and the staff members, nobody else. This is just so we can contact you in case something happens, or maybe to relay some important things later. You're not forced to give us your email though.

Can I help too?

Of course! Every help is appreciated! You'll just have to contact me, and I'll see if you can help me in any way.

Here is the staff we actually have :

Arrival
Soinou
Sorega
Neil Watts
The_badin
Piine
Interesting. I would wish to be an Ambassador but too low of a level and skill so I leave it to the high levels such as like Drafura
Topic Starter
Soinou

Sulker wrote:

Interesting. I would wish to be an Ambassador but too low of a level and skill so I leave it to the high levels such as like Drafura
I don't think being ambassador would require to be high level, because an ambassador is basically just an intermediate between countries. So if you're quite active in your country, I think you can be ambassador without any problems. But I think it would be best to speak with another players of your country, and maybe vote for two ambassadors internally.
Lust
Huh? Whats the point? Can't you just PM a user outright if you want to arrange something? Its not like the people on that list are obliged to participate in any event. I guess having a glorified list could come in handy but tbh I don't see this as anything other than more work for everyone involved.

I could see this being a thing if like there was a restriction between messaging other countries, but pinning a whole nation on a few people seems redundant when any player can message any other player providing they arent silenced
Topic Starter
Soinou

Lust wrote:

Huh? Whats the point? Can't you just PM a user outright if you want to arrange something? Its not like the people on that list are obliged to participate in any event. I guess having a glorified list could come in handy but tbh I don't see this as anything other than more work for everyone involved.

I could see this being a thing if like there was a restriction between messaging other countries, but pinning a whole nation on a few people seems redundant when any player can message any other player providing they arent silenced
I can see your point, but the problem is that not everyone knows who they can contact to organize something.

The point of the list is to allow any player to know which player he could contact to make something.

Because right know yeah, you can contact any player in the game, but finding a player that will be able to organize a match, a tournament, or any other event is not always easy. At least not for any player.

And also, for ambassadors, it will provide them with a list of active players in their country, that will allow them to see who could participate in an event they want to organize. I know you can just look at the performance ranks in your country, or something like that, but contacting every player one by one is really time wasting, and I think being able to have a list of active players ready to play at any time would be a must have.
Bardiche_Z
I feel this is a good idea! Honestly, the point about how when people want to organise something international level, there's always a lack of knowledge regarding who they should contact and how they should go about organising it. It's the same with how international ambassadors work for countries, but just on a game level. Although it doesn't seem like this could go official, but even as an unofficial thing it's way better for those who actually want to play the game and make more friends. Definitely like this idea!
Topic Starter
Soinou

Bardiche_Z wrote:

I feel this is a good idea! Honestly, the point about how when people want to organise something international level, there's always a lack of knowledge regarding who they should contact and how they should go about organising it. It's the same with how international ambassadors work for countries, but just on a game level. Although it doesn't seem like this could go official, but even as an unofficial thing it's way better for those who actually want to play the game and make more friends. Definitely like this idea!
Thanks, glad you like this idea :)
Lust

Soinou wrote:

Lust wrote:

I can see your point, but the problem is that not everyone knows who they can contact to organize something.

The point of the list is to allow any player to know which player he could contact to make something.

Because right know yeah, you can contact any player in the game, but finding a player that will be able to organize a match, a tournament, or any other event is not always easy. At least not for any player.

And also, for ambassadors, it will provide them with a list of active players in their country, that will allow them to see who could participate in an event they want to organize. I know you can just look at the performance ranks in your country, or something like that, but contacting every player one by one is really time wasting, and I think being able to have a list of active players ready to play at any time would be a must have.

You do have a good point, my apologies if my reply sounded harsh.

Good luck getting this up and running!
Topic Starter
Soinou

Lust wrote:

You do have a good point, my apologies if my reply sounded harsh.

Good luck getting this up and running!
No problem, my post may be a bit unclear, I'll try to change things a bit later, to see if I can make it easier to understand :)
Hula
This looks like it'll be very handy for owc training at the very least
juankristal
I would like to be and Ambassador for Mania, Argentina. I will talk with you later :D
Manuxz
That very interesting idea. I'm going to aim for ambassador of CTB in Argentina 8-)
Topic Starter
Soinou
A bit of update.

I added a part explaining what an ambassador's job is, since some people wanted to have more clarification about this.

Also, I added it in the post, but we're currently making a website. I'll say more about it when we have things ready.
IamBaum
Oh u are even preparing a website? I'm looking forward to see it :D
Athrun
Lel Im leader of Australia.
pola[r]is
Put me down for Australia too.
(I guess.)
Dazdy_old
I'll be down for Australia and standard / taiko if you'd like. Whichever you need.
Edit: Kind of stopped being very active on standard as of today.
Tornspirit
Before people get elected into this i think there should be some sort of verification that 1: they actually have contact with the majority of the active players in their country and 2: that majority wanted them to represent them. It doesn't seem like there's anything to stop some random people just registering for something they have no capability to do.
Athrun

Tornspirit wrote:

Before people get elected into this i think there should be some sort of verification that 1: they actually have contact with the majority of the active players in their country and 2: that majority wanted them to represent them. It doesn't seem like there's anything to stop some random people just registering for something they have no capability to do.
That hit me right in the kokoro :'(
Topic Starter
Soinou

Tornspirit wrote:

I think for now we can put anyone as ambassador, because there is four slots and they're not yet filled.

But if one day these four slots are filled, then it would be better to see with the other ambassadors and the other players if they're okay, and maybe replace one ambassador with another more active.

Also, being ambassador may make them meet another players of their country, so in the end they won't be "random people" ;)
ColdTooth
Hmm, this isn't such a bad idea

Although I would like to join for CTB, there's no way I would have additional time :c
DxNightwave
This is an amazing idea : 3
Looking forward to the site
Yukiteru Amano
I could join for CtB Sweden. (Skandinavia if needed :) )
Topic Starter
Soinou

ColdTooth wrote:

Hmm, this isn't such a bad idea

Although I would like to join for CTB, there's no way I would have additional time :c
Like I said in the OP, being an ambassador doesn't add you obligations or anything.

You'll just receive a bit more pm, because your name will be in the ambassadors public list.

And if you have time, you'll be able to edit the user list of your country, but you're not forced to do so (As long as there's one ambassador to make it, that's fine. Though that's better if all the ambassadors work together).

I added all the persons asking to be ambassadors, but I'll need your email adress (Send it to me by pm) if you want to edit the user list of your country on the doc (Again, you're not forced to do so) :)
Kingkevin30
i would like to be the CTB Ambassador for Germany if thats okay
Sorega
First event : Argentina vs France the 20th December at 20H UTC.

Each country has 2 teams, one with no rank limit, one with #1500 limit
- 4v4 in standard mode, 2 bans per team, and 2 switches allowed between maps.
- BO9
- mappool for no limit teams => NA tournament semi-final mappool (http://puu.sh/dmMPD/6e4d1a41ae.png)
- mappool for #1500 limit teams => RO16 OWC2014 mappool (https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!_World_Cup_2014)
Next event will be with homemade mappools.

Unfortunately, it will be stream only in French at twitch.tv/sorega and in Spanish at twitch.tv/juankristal

For the next events, if anyone is interested to shoutcast in English, just mp me.
IamBaum
Ahh nice that something happens here
Hf both countrys :)
xasuma
Good initiative.
I would like to be an embassador for osu standard-chile.

Also, the spreadsheet should only be able to be edited by embassadors, not anyone.
show more