forum

[ STD ] Experiment 82 - v1.0.0 - White/blue DTHD Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kheryo

Hello, and welcome to this seat. Please have a post. ╞╕

Experiment 82 is a bright experimental skin. Its goal is to offer very good visibility and readability in Hidden at high AR and high BPM.
This skin is originally a private skin request from Astar, who later asked me to publicly release it.
Thus, it does not fully reflect my tastes, but is instead based on the needs of a very high level player.
As usual, the skin is mostly made from scratch. Sounds come either from Astar's previous personal skin or from free sound libraries.

This skin should be maintained for some time. If you have any idea or constructive criticism to offer, please feel free to post an answer or PM me.

Features :
• Bright theme
• Very high visibility and readability
• Astar seal of approval
• Custom HP bar thing again

Notes :
• Please use background dim 100% when using this skin.

Screenshots

Download

Current version : OSK Download / ZIP Download (1.0.0)

Changelog

Current version
1.0.0 : Released

Extras

Custom HP bar
As in my previous skin, the HP bar is customizable.

The .psd file can be found in the skin folder.
If you don't know how to handle .psd files, you can download and use Gimp for this. You only need to know how to open a file and use the text tool, which should take you approximately 2 minutes to learn.

Credits

Test Subjects and helpful people
- Astar : Main test subject, and also a nice person to talk about potatoes with.
- Konrad : Secret test subject. Holds red color variant of the skin.

Trivia and useless notes
- This skin has elements from the time I started it (~2 months ago) and much more recent elements, this is why you may see some differences among the elements. I will update it from time to time when I find a fitting design.

- Someone (Konrad) asked me for a full white/red recolor of the skin. This will be done and this version will be available in some time.

- I will replace the big header picture soon as it is quite ugly.

[YwinKs]
Ah enfin je pouvoir l'inauguré :D
nat2011
want to see more modes fromthis skin
Meruru
I always liked your last skin but it was too dark for me to play with
- I'm glad you published something brighter :)
Hydraty
The skin is pretty damn good to play in nomod but I can't for the life of me play hidden with it. It seems unreadable for me (might try later with a grey background, should be better I believe).
Anyways great skin, thanks :)
Constantine

nat2011 wrote:

want to see more modes from this skin
Angelo
Nice skin ;)
asher
Dude is this that skin with the sick spinner Astar has been showing off in his videos?

OH MAN IT IS.

Sick skin, I like it a lot.

Everything fits really well, and I love the mod selection area, and I'm glad to see more people skinning the Target Practice mod, it took forever for people to start skinning it.
yu1sT
nice skin lol
Xial
Nice ! :o
Esty
Exp. 82 is love, Exp. 82 is life.
[ yogurt ]
This skin is absolutely fantastic. First one I really liked since Aesthetic.

Also props to Astar for being a bro and deciding to share.
suanriz
So nice !!!!
I love it ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ
Thank you !!
Timorisu
What's the scorebar font?
Topic Starter
Kheryo

nat2011 wrote:

want to see more modes fromthis skin
What modes would you like ? I think I could make a taiko one someday, I'm not used to skinning other modes though.

Meruru wrote:

I always liked your last skin but it was too dark for me to play with
- I'm glad you published something brighter :)
Glad you like it. I have yet to find a good balance between visibility and darkness though .w.

Hydraty wrote:

The skin is pretty damn good to play in nomod but I can't for the life of me play hidden with it. It seems unreadable for me (might try later with a grey background, should be better I believe).
Anyways great skin, thanks :)
It's intended to play in Hidden with 100% background dim (so black background) where white circles have best visibility.
If you're playing with backgrounds on you should try other full-circles, more detailed skins.
Or maybe it's just that you need some time to get used to it '-'

brightside wrote:

Dude is this that skin with the sick spinner Astar has been showing off in his videos?

OH MAN IT IS.

Sick skin, I like it a lot.

Everything fits really well, and I love the mod selection area, and I'm glad to see more people skinning the Target Practice mod, it took forever for people to
start skinning it.
Yes, since Target Practice is not available on stable release channel, anyone that didn't check the beta stuff most likely doesn't even know it exists. (I was one of these people when I made my first public skin since I was not supporter at the time).
Also glad you like the spinner. Don't hesitate to take the concept and make beautiful things with it, mine is very basic :)

Timorisu wrote:

What's the scorebar font?
Century-gothic
(It's the font used in most of the skin, along with some GeoSansLight here and there, you can find it on dafont)

Thanks for the positive comments, I'll start making the HP bars some of you requested now.
Also when you request a HP bar, please be accurate as to what you want, especially if you want an image cropped, or mirrored horizontally, elsewise I can't guess it and I will use the image provided as is (with minimal cropping to get it to look nice in a circle though).
linkZk
I just tried it out... got my first +100pp run.

Thank you very much.
- Yuu -
Giv hp bar or i'll call mom :(

Nice skin bro<3
razavana
Can you please upload it somewhere else? Because for some wierd reason mediafire isnt working for me.
Astar

razavana wrote:

Can you please upload it somewhere else? Because for some wierd reason mediafire isnt working for me.
http://puu.sh/dd6ql/0dcf30ff2d.osk
Here's my version with slight modification. ;;

Anyway, best skin ever \:D/
bloodymascarade
This looks so good!
Astar
Still the best skin.
Valentine
Beautiful skin, all round perfect and the style is lovely