forum

Song Progress Bar Option idea - Minutes:Seconds

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
My idea is a new progress bar option (while playing): showing the progress as time elapsed, in mmm:ss/total mmm:ss (or just current time, mmm:ss).

Right now, there's progress bar options for a bar, and a pie chart. i would like this 3rd option added. It would be easier to see the length of the song.

I searched and couldn't find this as a topic, so I'm sorry if it was actually previously suggested.

-BGM
Chocolat
This would be a nice feature in a way but I don't think people even care or notice the length of the song when actually playing.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

Chocolat wrote:

This would be a nice feature in a way but I don't think people even care or notice the length of the song when actually playing.
You could say the same thing about the current meters, but they are there, and since they are already there, it would be easy to add another one. And I would use it (I know I'm only one person, but yeah).

Just my opinion.
-BGM
theramdans
like in everyone's windows media player :p
XinCrin
I'll love this
Sadolution
very low priority, but yeah an actualy timer/countdown would be nice.
Unsafeman121

BananasGoMoo wrote:

Right now, there's progress bar options for a bar, and a pie chart. i would like this 3rd option added. It would be easier to see the length of the song.
I would have to agree with this ~ it would be very nice to have, I feel that it is often small changes like this that could potentially make the game feel a little better for certain players.

Chocolat wrote:

I understand that it is probably true that quite a few people wouldn't really check the timer, but personally, especially on longer and more intensive songs, I find myself checking at regular intervals. I find that some long songs can be tiring and so I like to have a good idea of how much I have left. :)

~~~

I'll wait to ensure that this isn't labelled as a dupe and plus afterwards :)
Ace3DF
Feel like this is a dupe of anotehr topic but I'd like this
Piine
I will hopefully think he searched for topics before making this post.

Though to throw my two cents, I really don't find this quite necessary seeing the song progress bar isn't really focused much on in game-play seeing we only focus on notes. (Except in breaks)
We also have the length of a map shown via song selection on the left side so a player can probably know how long is a song and how many minutes will it take to end.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
Yeah, I searched for it and couldn't find it so that's why I posted. @Ace3DF