forum

osu!chorus (osu!idol inspired)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaTha
All right dude! i will vote again.but only one time.
Topic Starter
Hard

NaThaNeL wrote:

All right dude! i will vote again.but only one time.
No it's fine I just added your name to your choices ^^
NaTha
ow sorry
yealina
i forget if i add my name when i vote 9 hours ago...lol
Derekku
I'll record a sample (or post one of my osu!idol entries) soon! >w>~
NaTha
Derekku must get a Solopart ;)
Topic Starter
Hard
Let's see who gets a solo...

Also:

We got a lot of votes already. I want to show the sheet when everyone voted, because this way everyone really chooses what HE/SHE likes and not what could move on, if you understand me (I don't)

2nd thing: It looks like we'll have some songs with equal votes. It's possible that we'll have to do another vote between those.

I also suggest we announce some kind of chorus-leader. Someone making the voice fit and explaining singing-stuff and transcribing and all that. That person would also decide on soli and do the harmonies. I can do this if you want (I also got some knowledge of music-theory), but I don't want to force myself on you. Is it alright for you, if I do this coordination stuff?

I think that's all for now.
Topic Starter
Hard
ah I found a song that'd be perfect for a chorus T_T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5b4mRc ... Rcxreo#t=4

too bad i'm too late, but I'll consider this one next time^^
yealina

Hard wrote:

i posted it a week ago lol
Topic Starter
Hard

yealina wrote:

Hard wrote:

i posted it a week ago lol
yeah but I just used the songs posted in the poll-thingu. This would've fit very well but I think we already got other good entries so no worries ^
yealina

Hard wrote:

yeah but I just used the songs posted in the poll-thingu. This would've fit very well but I think we already got other good entries so no worries ^
i love these but maybe only 8 people can enjoy it(and miku sings too many wwww)
Topic Starter
Hard

yealina wrote:

Hard wrote:

i love these but maybe only 8 people can enjoy it(and miku sings too many wwww)
that's true. maybe we'll do a little combo for this one later... ~ Let's see what future brings with our idol group chorus
MissTitannia
I can do the song editing and mixing because I already have a lot of experience in it, and I agree with Hard being the osu!chorus leader since she came up with in the first place :) Doesn't everyone agree? xD
P.S. Maybe we should decide another 2 members who will be the "court" and who will help Hard in difficult decisions and share opinions, also decide who is accepted once we start getting new auditions xD ;)
LightDreamer
I totally agree with MissTitannia, Hard need to be the leader
NaTha

LightDreamer wrote:

I totally agree with MissTitannia, Hard need to be the leader
This
TheNekoNextDoor

Hard wrote:

Let's see what future brings with our idol group chorus
Haha - to be honest, in the form for name suggestions, I was SO tempted to put "Love Live! osu! Idol Project" XD
LightDreamer

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

Hard wrote:

Let's see what future brings with our idol group chorus
Haha - to be honest, in the form for name suggestions, I was SO tempted to put "Love Live! osu! Idol Project" XD
Damn! You should have did it!
Topic Starter
Hard
There's still two people left for the judging.

I want to wait till every chorus-member voted so nobody gets left out.

Also: it looks like we'll have to do another vote. We got some songs with 4 - 6 votes each and I'll toss the other ones out and do the vote-thingu again after this one's finished I guess.

I have to.

Sorry that we have to wait so long until we're able to sing (it'll take much longer)
Stefan
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8mr5uhkajq2n ... b.mp3?dl=0

Too bad this voice cannot participate in this project for many reasons :/

P.S: Great idea!
Topic Starter
Hard

Stefan wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8mr5uhkajq2n99/a8f6d620db.mp3?dl=0

Too bad this voice cannot participate in this project for many reasons :/

P.S: Great idea!

I wouldn't mind this voice :D

also:

The vote will continue until sunday. Then we'll need to do some kind of revote because there are 3 songs that got the same amount of votes.
Nepeta Leijon
Posting on the forums from mobile is terrible omg. -5/10 would recommend.
I really hope school doesn't start up for me by the time we begin.
Bardiche_Z
Guess it's too late for me to join and with all the high-spec people here :\
Topic Starter
Hard

Bardiche_Z wrote:

Guess it's too late for me to join and with all the high-spec people here :\
just send me a voice example and I'll tell you ^^
Topic Starter
Hard
Here's the vote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'm going to prepare for the revote.

The choices will be:

DECO*27 - Ai Kotoba (feat. Hatsune Miku)

162 ft. Gumi - Ama no Yaku

OSTER Project - Alice in musicland

and

FripSide - Only my railgun

The chorus name will be osu!chorus. A lot of people voted for it and I think it's okay. So let's go with this =)
yealina

Hard wrote:

Here's the vote:

I'm going to prepare for the revote.

The choices will be:

162 ft. Gumi - Ama no Yaku

OSTER Project - Alice in musicland

and

FripSide - Only my railgun

The chorus name will be osu!chorus. A lot of people voted for it and I think it's okay. So let's go with this =)
is
Ama no Jaku
LightDreamer
RAILGUN POWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! YOLO
Derekku
Topic Starter
Hard
Thanks Derekku. I edited the startpost

thanks to yealina. I changed the songname.

Also:

the new vote is ready and I'll leave it till sunday next week (except all of us have voted already)

This time please vote only 1 time. If you vote 2 times the 2nd vote counts and I'll delete the first one.

So let's go :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bD3Q7D ... =send_form
NaTha
Ok. I voted.
But really, I CANT SING JAPANESE
Song is BABYMETAL - Megitsune
Open to see real japanese
Sore! Sore!
Sore Sore Sore Sore!
Sore! Sore!
Sore Sore Sore Sore!

Omekashi kitsune-san
Chiki chiki washoi!
Chiki chiki washoi!

Tsuinte nabikase te
Kira kira washoi!
Kira kira washoi!

Hajike te doron shi te
Kura kura washoi!
Kura kura washoi!

Iza yuki shichihenge
Go go go gogo go gogo!

Sore! Sore!
Sore Sore Sore Sore!
Sore! Sore!
Sore Sore Sore Sore!

Inishie no oteme tachi yo
Kari some no yume ni odoru
Iku sen no toki o koe te
Ima o ikiru

Ah...
So yoi tso demo onna
Wa joyu yo
Kitsune ja nai!
Kitsune ja nai!
Otome wa megitsune!
Open to see NaTha-Japanese
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
Omotashi Wa Kitsu nekashi
Chicki Chicki Chiki Washa!
Chicki Chicki Washa!
Tsu ini to ma ijusette
Kuru Washa Kuru kuru Washa
Oh Shit hey watash Itsu kosete
Kon Kon Kon Kon Kon Kon Kon
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
Inushi hey yo otome tatchi yo
Karisome Yo tokila yumene tokoni
ikuse yo no taquila go in there
In my home he kill you
Ahhhhh You mad another Chicken on a wok i wanne know
Topic Starter
Hard
The vote is finished.

The song we'll do is

I still need some voice examples. Then I can part your voices and tell who gets first, second and third voice and who get's a solo part (I'm not sure if there'll be a solo, though)

Here's the link of our vote:

Nepeta Leijon
Nice! I love Ai Kotoba! So how exactly are we going to do this? Will we decide which parts we're singing, or just record the entire thing and mix it together and split parts as it sounds appropriate?
Topic Starter
Hard

shahlalalalala wrote:

Nice! I love Ai Kotoba! So how exactly are we going to do this? Will we decide which parts we're singing, or just record the entire thing and mix it together and split parts as it sounds appropriate?

I thought about the following:

I'll part the songs. Then I'll do the harmonies and I'll record myself singing the parts I want you to sing. Then I'll pm everyone with his/her part individually. It will be a load of work but i think it will be worth it.
Nepeta Leijon

Hard wrote:

shahlalalalala wrote:

I'll part the songs. Then I'll do the harmonies and I'll record myself singing the parts I want you to sing. Then I'll pm everyone with his/her part individually. It will be a load of work but i think it will be worth it.
I think so too. But what if we want to add in our own harmonies? Will you decide on that too, or can we improv?
Aluminum76

Hard wrote:

Would it be easier if we just sang the main melody by ourselves and sent it to you? That way you can cut and splice the voices and add them wherever you want. Then you should worry about adding extra harmonies and stuff like that. It would probably easier for you to manage and work with that way.
yealina

Aluminum76 wrote:

Hard wrote:

Would it be easier if we just sang the main melody by ourselves and sent it to you? That way you can cut and splice the voices and add them wherever you want. Then you should worry about adding extra harmonies and stuff like that. It would probably easier for you to manage and work with that way.
if using this way, the file size will be large, and the computer will be lag.
also, the energy and time of one people are not infinity. the shorter parts we sing often means the higher quality, cause you can sing it more meticulous in the same recording time.(image you record a whole song in 1 hour, or only some parts in the same time)
and also you can only focus on the part you will record.
from the other side, don't you feel depressed if your voice are cutted by over 70%?
NaTha
sorry i cant send you an example because iam sick, i allready sended you a download to a song. i can try to sign
Tsurumaru

Hard wrote:

shahlalalalala wrote:

I can try helping you with the script so that it won't be you just working on it? We could set it up as a Google Docs so that way everyone will be able to see who's singing which part and which part they're doing the harmonies when the script is finished. If there are people having problems with certain parts then we can change it around as well??? (I kinda feel like the google docs thing is just so much easier instead of sending every individual their parts...) But I dunno tho it's up to you since you're the leader so you call the shots xD; Just a suggestion.. ;w;

Also a sample for harmonies would be nice since I completely suck with them and I can never get them right //sweats// ;;
Tsurumaru

Aluminum76 wrote:

Hard wrote:

It would be much easier if you waited for a script instead of just singing the whole thing blindly.
I mean yeah sure you can sing the whole thing and send it to whoever's going to mix the song together, but it'll be a lot more work on the mixer's end because they're going to have to cut the audio and set it to where it's supposed to be.
It doesn't sound like that much work but believe me, when we have this many people singing then it'll just be more of a burden on the mixer's end...
yealina

Kyou-Sei wrote:

Also a sample for harmonies would be nice since I completely suck with them and I can never get them right //sweats// ;;
there is some way to help you hear the harmonies well
cut the sound in the middle, and you can get some sounds surround.(or you can use a poor contacted headphone) harmonies are usually set at the left or the right or both.
if you can't get from the way above, you can change the version of the song, and try it again.(cover, remix etc)

if you also can't get them. rerember(or write down)the main melody, and sing it 3(or 5) keys down(or up).it's not the right harmonies, but near them.(and put the wrong notes to the right way, if you can. i don't know how to explain it clearly.)

the last way. use harmony engine. just choose the key of your song, and record your main melody.
http://www.antarestech.com/products/det ... gine_Evo_4
(it's really not a advertisement. but the price.....)
AiriOnline
If anybody need help on pronunciation in Japanese songs I can help :)
I am native Japanese speaker :D
show more