forum

"Banana counter" for CTB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +919
Topic Starter
dani
Hello, my name is Danii, i've been playing almost 1 year CTB mode and i've been thinking about proposing a "counter bananas".
What i mean with a count of bananas?
Well you see, when you do seriously CTB comes a time when you realize that, picking up a banana more you can decide on a rank #1 and really, with system spinners there because now I do not know for sure if the bananas you have collected are sufficient to win a higher position in the ranking.
So I propose a counter of bananas, had personally thought of something more relates to the score that sums to collect bananas and not the ones that pick overall.

For example:

Thank you.

Especially thanks to -Latte-, ErunamoJAZZ for supporting me and Luisina for helping me to translate this text.
sarkras
Its a good Idea, I support this as ctb player ! ^^
Hareimu
I think it's a good idea. I mean, while it may not be that useful because the bananas you collect just score points and maybe support your energy bar from decreasing, it can be an all-new factor for the ranking system. Like, aside from making combos and FCing the songs, you can also try to catch the biggest amount of bananas as possible so that can contribute to your ranking position overall. So yeah, I hope this gets added.
Mibic
I do believe that the Ranking System as present is fine as it is. It's also true that you can deduce the number of bananas one player has got more than another in the top 50 if they have the same mods then you can just look at the different in points (if they both FC'd), every banana is 1k points. However, a banana counter at the end of the song in the stats would definitely be easier and good to see how many bananas were caught in total! I approve! :D :D :D
Bara-
Hareimu
I think he was reffering to a banana meter on the playing ranks, I mean, the ranks appearing while you play a song.
DakeDekaane
It'd look neater being the number of bananas per "spinner" than the bananas score.
Topic Starter
dani

DakeDekaane wrote:

It'd look neater being the number of bananas per "spinner" than the bananas score.
I've been thinking but I think it would be better with the score generated by the banana itself and not what you take in all
Captain
I definately think it's a good idea :D

Thought about it myself but never did anything >.>

I also think it would be a little "Prettier" if it counted bananas and not their score but.. We'll see :3

Big support from me o/
MillhioreF
I agree with this request, and did look at implementing it once, but it's really not so easy, and that goes double for making it look good and unobtrusive. What I'll probably end up doing in the meantime (once I get around to it) is listing total bananas caught at the end of the replay if you hover the graph (like SPM max and average are listed in standard).
Captain

MillhioreF wrote:

What I'll probably end up doing in the meantime (once I get around to it) is listing total bananas caught at the end of the replay if you hover the graph (like SPM max and average are listed in standard).
I understand why that would be a lot more simple to make ;) Even though it's not the same thing i still think it would change a lot for "us" CTB players :3

Also (If you make it for std and taiko too) It would change a lot :)

On another note will you be able to see it if you hover your cursor above other scores when your just.. Looking at global ranking for example? :/
PatZar
hype hype
Sey
If that metre appears in the centre or top of the screen (I hope I understood that correctly) there should be an option to disable that. I don't care about spinner amounts and it would bother me a lot during gameplay. So I agree with this feature if you are not forced to use it after its implement.
Topic Starter
dani

Sey wrote:

If that metre appears in the centre or top of the screen (I hope I understood that correctly) there should be an option to disable that. I don't care about spinner amounts and it would bother me a lot during gameplay. So I agree with this feature if you are not forced to use it after its implement.
Sorry if it's not too clear image, but it does have a degree of transparency also could be more smaller...
AR10 Only
I'm not a CTB player but i understand the need of this counter :oops: Good idea , i wish you will get this , CTB players :oops:
Kyujuroku 96
I support this. What about an option to show total bonus banana score rather than total banana count for those that prefer it that way? I guess score is more helpful imo
theramdans

DakeDekaane wrote:

more like this, I agree!
Hidrica
I dont play CTB much but, i think is a good idea for the CTB players owo
autofanboy
great
Okami No Mure
Great ^-^

- LinksS was here -
Kyujuroku 96
There is something Ive been thinking about. Why not including it on the empty spot of the key overlay? It doesnt interrupt playing, its toogeable and gives a good use to that space imo
- Anima -
I do agree with a counter, actually. 8-)
xXLei_Js_xX
nice
Effy
I 100% approve it, keep going on! ;)
Len
Good.
show more