forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Added a link about the Super Secret Bases just in case you wanna read up on that or haven't read about it yet. Also changed the OP a bit.
Gumpy
If I get a 3DS I will probably get Omega Ruby cuz red.
Professor Prinny
I was thinking of getting Alpha Sapphire initially because I had the original Ruby but my mind got changed to getting Omega Ruby because of the Primal Groudon figurine.
Gonna be spending so much time on Secret Bases.
Jinxy
OR:
Ruby was my first non-bootleg Pokémon game +1
Courtney +1
Banned from Ubers Groudon +1

AS:
Archie +1
I like blue +1
I like water +1

Hm...
Navizel
ALPHA SAPPHIRE HYPE

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Uhh... shouldn't that pic be in the X/Y thread? I'd understand if you posted the Diancie event since (at the moment) you can only get it in X/Y (through the event, which is after the shiny Mega Gengar one actually, unless you're in Japan), and since Mega Diancie will only exist in OR/AS...
Navizel
well I got that when I pre-ordered my Alpha Sapphire soo idk
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The shiny Mega Gengar is only an event because it ties in to a TCG thing.
Stefan
Having so much love for Mega Steelix, finally a Pokemon which deserves it well.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/head-to-hoenn-early-with-the-pokemon-trainer-club/

This is just a reminder to those in the US that you need to sign up for the Pokemon.com newsletter before this Tuesday or else you won't get the demo code.
Treekii
So hype for Tuesday fjskjdffkl, getting Alpha Sapphire on release!

Also I had no idea secret bases even existed until they were announced to return in the remakes. I feel like I've missed out ;_;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

[ Tree ] wrote:

I had no idea secret bases even existed until they were announced to return in the remakes. I feel like I've missed out ;_;
They were announced like a month or two ago, actually.

EDIT: There are other ways you can get a code just in case you forget to sign up for the newsletter (North America only).
Jinxy
So who's played the demo? Just checking if the reward mega is the same, I got a Glalie
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Only Japan gets Mega Steelix.
Ciunek
Preordering Omega Ruby since my friend is getting Sapphire. Also I sure hope I get to play the demo, if it's even for people outside of US.
Jinxy
I don't think there's a region lock for the codes. If you have a FB account you might be able to get a code here.
mm201
Trash Boat
anyone needs a code for the demo? I almost forgot that I am still subscribed to it, so PM me if you want it.
Hika
I have an extra code if anyone wants as well, just pm me for it. claimed.

On topic, I'll be grabbing both of these babies, already put in the pre-order for them. Get to replay them both ten million times. <3
Navizel
I also have a code if anyone wants. I received the code late wtf.
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
i think i'm getting both alpha and omega. but I wonder if plenty of people would buy it... I want to get it on the day of the release to get the shiny metagross
Birdy

Blazevoir wrote:

wtf
Jindujun93

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

wtf
They don't get the Glalie, though.
Birdy

Jindujun93 wrote:

They don't get the Glalie, though.
But they get the Steelix.

But hey, at least that's a minor relief.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
We'll probably get Mega Steelix in-game in some way or another (...even if it means an online/RL event distribution >_>).
Hika
No matter what, I'm going to make sure I get a Mega Steelix.

Honestly, I'm too hyped for Metagross <3
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ah yeah... I forgot to add that to the OP. Thanks for reminding me o/
HazeL
Im using DS emulator >_>
Aurele
can someone get me a 2ds or something
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Comparison video:

AgrarianSkyX
I'm getting Alpha Sapphire for a couple of reasons, it's blue and I love almost every shade of blue (including purples) and I very much prefer Kyogre over Groudon
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Another comparison video:

Ekaru
Getting dual pack because why the fuck not?
deadbeat
i have a 3DS again. i can actually play this now ;w;
no idea which i'll get though :<
Trash Boat
pick Omega Ruby because Groudon da best
Azure_Kite
But I'm already getting OR and deadbeat and I are almost brothers so...

Onii-chan, go AS.
Hika
AS pls, AS AS AS.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

The official Japanese site has announced that, while you can get the Eon Ticket for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire through an event, if you do receive the Eon Ticket, you have the capability of sharing it through StreetPass, akin to how you could share it by mixing records in the original. You will never lose your Eon Ticket, however.
Edit @ 09:05: The Pokémon Company has announced the Eon Ticket Relay for the UK. This will begin with Junichi Masuda giving the Eon Ticket out at the launch event on Saturday November 29th. From there, 15 winners will be sent to various GAME stores to spread the Eon Ticket through StreetPass. More details are to be released on November 13th
Edit @ 16:14: It has also been announced that in the US, Serial Codes for the Eon Ticket will be given to Play! Pokémon Organisers and heads of StreetPass groups from November 21st. From there, the Eon Ticket can be StreetPassed to other players
Sey
Planning to go with Alpha Sapphire because Water is one of my favourite types anyway. I like the character design of Team Aqua (Pirates ♥) a lot more than Team Magma. And I definitely prefer Kyogre over Groudon.
Syndfell
Like many others, ill be getting OR cause it was my original gen 3 game xD. But is it bad im more excited to see if they will remake Emerald as well~
show more