forum

Long animes or short?

posted
Total Posts
show more
AnatOWJIya
Once i saw 52 eps anime (The 1st season of Hayate no Gotoku) and got that short (12-25 eps) anime is better
-Mizu
long animes are sooooo boring
caowebunga
Definitely shorter animes, unless you have THAT MUCH free time
Netama
i like download for short anime and streaming long anime coz i didnt have hardisk :cry:
KinkiN
short animes may result like Mahou Sensou

long anime gives space to finish the anime properly, so i choose long animes
NicaHime
Short animes. (12-24 episodes)

But there was a time where I really wanted Hayate no gotoku s1 (50+ eps) to have season 2 and fortunately, it had! :) yay!
Naru20
I like long anime - more than 100 episodes, because they don't end when I start liking them and there is room for a long and interesting plot.
YamiHikari
Shorter animes with around 12-30 episodes, though I can tolerate longer ones if the anime is one of my favourites. Plus I don't have much free time.
Tetsumine
Anime with 11-13 eps or 23-26 :D
Kurogamii
Anime that finish in 1~3 Season(s)
Mira-san

Kurogamii wrote:

Anime that finish in 1~3 Season(s)
moeanao
As long as the story is good I don't really care about the length.
Aryssiel
shorts 12-18 ep
chainpullz

Lewder wrote:

if an anime has over 30 episodes in a season it's automatically labeled shit
This. If it's split up across multiple seasons it's worth checking out.
Syphist
I prefer 12 episode seasons. I usually feel like things start getting shoehorned in just to fill time if it is 26 episodes. (K-On season 2 was not fun for me because of this) Although I will be open to longer animes as 12 episodes can be short.
Kwinii_old
I prefer short ones but then I get attached in the end and demand for more episodes or seasons...
so I'm not really sure what my take on this is. I guess it depends on how good the anime is.
zeno61
I usually watch animes with 12 episodes but if the story is good I might be able to watch longer ones. I usually get bored or lose hope of finishing the anime if it reaches 50 episodes or more...
1s4kv
For me, it all depends on the anime. Some longer animes get boring, but some keeps it up really well. Same goes for shorter ones.
Karona_old
Mostly 12-26 for me but it depends, if I really love the anime I don't mind watching even 50+ episodes but if the anime is not so interesting 12 is enough for me or i'll end up not finishing it because i'm too lazy..
0taku
I like 25 episodes a season, I feel 12 episode is too rushed sometimes
AR10 Only
For me the number of episodes don t really matter, it depends of the story. Some are better with short narration and some don t
Mulle_old_1
Longer animes are better imo, I barely watch animes tho sadly.
Eddy EX
hmm...Depends on the anime but I usually like 24-26 eps
12 is enough for some anime, but some others need more.
YaYaPi
Length of the anime series depends on the plot, if it's awesome and nice then I would watch it but I watch mostly short series like ranging from 10-13 episodes. But OreImo got around 16 so yeah, if we add the additional 4 eps for the first season and 3 eps in the second.

:) :) :) :)
Verniy_Chan
hmm.. whatever
TheLukay
long episodes! 45 min episodes are sooooo much better than 25 mins. As for episodes, 26 for a single season. I don't like these endless animes.
Dokixdoki
Short ones. Most of my favorites are 10-13 episodes. They generally get a good story and you can watch a ton of them in less time. 25-26 is the max I will watch. I can't watch anything that's 100 or more
Lord Timzki
13 episodes are good for me and mostly about 24 minutes
xasuma
62% 12-13 episodes
33% 24 episode ones
5% 50+ episodes
AndreasHD
Depends if the anime is interesting or not.. I've watched 50 episodes of for example Code Geass, and they were pretty good, not that stretched out.
Most of the time, you can feel when it's enough, and it should end, if it continues after that point, it's too long.. So yeah, depends on the storyline really.

But if I have to choose a number of episodes I usually prefer, I'd say about 20 episodes I guess.
Athrun
26 episodes is probably the most I watch.

Gundam does not account for in this reasoning as some are 51 episodes.
AnotherEpicName
24-100 episodes is alot of times the sweet spot for me
anime's with 12 tend to end on a cliffhanger, no problem if they then get a next season but when it was just a series to promote the manga sale...
if its more than 100 there'll be guaranteed fillers, slow progress at times etc

then again, this opinion never stopped me from watching a series with more or less episodes than my preference
Hidden-
I personally prefer 12 to 26 episode, I have some exception, between 26 to 70(Code Geass and Death Note are examples).
Green Platinum
Doesn't matter it's how well they use them that counts.
Hidden-

Green Platinum wrote:

^That
Dranembo

Green Platinum wrote:

I agree.

I like short animes with 12-25 episodes but if it becomes really good and decides add more episodes the series, then I'm okay with it.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
A Cynical Asian
I simply cannot last watching long anime series. I tend to stay with animes with seaons that are around 24 episodes in length. But then again, don't most animes have 12/24 episodes per season, unless they go to like 100 or something? Forgive my occasional ignorance.
Green Platinum

A Cynical Asian wrote:

I simply cannot last watching long anime series. I tend to stay with animes with seaons that are around 24 episodes in length. But then again, don't most animes have 12/24 episodes per season, unless they go to like 100 or something? Forgive my occasional ignorance.
It's usaully how it is but don't forget second season's suddenly make plenty of shows ~48 episodes and longer but I never see anyone complaining about Kuroko's Basketball being a long anime.

In reality length shouldn't matter it should just be the average enjoyment of the episodes. And I encourage anyone who sticks to short shows to try something like Eyeshield 21. The problem with long animes is they can't rely on one story (while keeping any kind of foreshadowing, themes and consistent complex story) and need to use arcs and put the burden of keeping an audience to just the characters. Not to mention long animes generally don't make any progress, you can usually just interchange arcs and still make sense of the story.
Xanaehla
Can I choose both? anything.. as long as they are good and enjoyable to watch :3
show more