forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
HaruryuuSan
Of all the Japanese names, I liked Haru. Harumi was suggested by a friend of mine. ^^
NicoNicoNiii
KazmiSain
@NicoNicoNiii Here u will thank me later http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/niconiconi.swf
AR10 Only
Mine was a contraction of my name (jeremy) and xbox ( was looking for an gamertag). The time passed and it becames Jeeroox. But i honestly think i'll change it soon. Bored of keeping the same username for 8years :)
R11_old_1
I like the letter R.
Prime Number
Was playing Mann vs Machine with 4 friends, while in queue for a few eons(It had just come out, so there were 15 minute queue times), I started changing me steam username to stupid stuff like Chuck Norris or Chicken Nugget, I eventually set it to Prime Number, realised that was actually waaay cooler than my current username at the time, and just stuck with it.
NicoNicoNiii

KazmiSain wrote:

@NicoNicoNiii Here u will thank me later http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/niconiconi.swf
Wow that's amazing.. :D Thanks for sharing!'
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Tolunay is my real name.
Scarlet is Flandre-Remilia "Scarlet"

Old username:

Nerd (Angry Video Game "Nerd")
Fare (Turkish Mouse word. And i used animal name.)
Lhijn
neji comes from naruto, eventhough i don't really like neji in the storyline, his name is absolutely amazing imo. but, i'd still prefer the japanese writing ネジ just looks better. and the the rset is just formality and intruduction.
slithien
the Slitheen from Doctor who
-sev
Nikku is the nickname I go by and I just stick -mi at the end because I like the sound of it.
billy96
You can probably guess it by now.

If you haven't, Billy is my real nickname and 96 is a shortened 1996, my year of birth.
Toukai
Self-explanatory
Cold
my hands get really cold often, and i thought the name looked cool
Nekolike
miori from nagi no asukara
Mayushima
A shortened form of what people usually call me on the internet. I got 'Kyo' when i was really young when i started playing Monster Hunter(Great Game, I recommend to everyone), so i stuck with it as it is actually kind of nostalgic to me.
iMP3RiU5
When I was younger, I played "World of Padman" with one of my friends, and there was this secret OP weapon, the "Imperius". So then I was like "OMG, i'm such a l33t haxx0r", and yeah, now it's iMP3RiU5 ^_^
Inori
A guy named PrivRyan suggested this name.
lemonguy
Took my fraternity name 'Stick Shift' and came up with Shxfted on Xbox 360 originally, because Shifted was already taken.
Factorial
My real name Leo Neil Xxxxx
Asada Shino
I think most people know where my name is from but for those who don't it's from Sword Art Online. Glad I read instead of watch :D

The name in my signature is what I use in most other games.
Renevant
I spelt revenant wrong, which originally came from ghosts in runescape. I made the mistake 3 years ago with my LoL account and have just been using it for everything, well aware of the misspelling.
Paco
It started when I wanted pacman as my GT on xbox 360 long time ago then it went pacmai > PaCzZo > and Now I use either Paco or Pacolito.

Don't really know how I came up with them
Irino Kurai
My name is very complicated...

Raining came from my love for rain. As when it rains...... I dance under the rain O.o
Ventus is from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep... It means Wind in some ways i can't remember how but thats how Ventus came about...
(as i liked ventus from the very beginning... haha)

Thats how RainingVentus came about... and i love this name~ :)
Xtrmite
Since my name on this forums has no actual meaning, I will be talking about where my most used username: "Poop2heaven" originated from.
This story is quite similar to a story the Youtuber Penguinz0 has told.

So I was sitting in class in elementary school, and we got an assigment which was: Draw something that has to do with religion.
And then all of the sudden I realised I had to fart (Mind you I was very young when this happened) so as anyone with common sense, I casually let out the fart..... Aaaaaaaand you can probably tell what happened afterwards (Not going to go into detail because that would probably make you vomit over your screen)
And then the friend who was sitting next to me back then, just randomly decided to tell me this a couple of years later.
Hence the name: Poop2heaven
Zalaria
It's the name of one of my female dragon characters from a story I wrote (of which the name was completely thought of on the spot lol) I thought it sounded nice ^^
CsavarNat16
When I was creating my twitter account long ago, the name actually was CsavaróNat16. For some reason, the ó was cut from the name and become the name that I use now. It was taken from csavaró/ò(?) (i forgot lol) from my favorite character's name with twist, nat is my OC, 16 is my favorite number. :D
djjsixpack
I've used djjsixpack as a login info since 2003 for various mmos over the years. I was doing the same thing for this game and thought you could pick your viewable name like a summoner name on LoL, but you can't lol. So I never bothered to change it. Tbh I wouldn't even know what to change it to even if I did.
buckiehero
i thought of buckler, then it evolved in to buckie :D
Her
I was reading a H.P. Lovecraft novel awhile back and the name Azathoth stuck with me. Years later when I was trying to remember the name, I remembered wrong and thus, the name that nobody can seem to pronounce Yagzathoth was born
byfar
idk

probably gonna change soon

to some twitch emoticon maybe

then regret it
Nathan
suki=love+my actual name :D
TakuMii

sukiNathan wrote:

suki=love+my actual name :D
hate to break it to you, but suki only means 'like'.
Lilith
Morrigan's sister, from Darkstalkers.
Topic Starter
drum drum

Xtrmite wrote:

Penguinz0
YES

Also, koi(恋) or ai(愛) means love

Daisuki (大好き) would be closer to love than just suki (好き)
Secretpipe
Secretpipe , Secretpipe hmmmmm...

Never explained the origin but well , it's time.
Prepare some sandwiches and some pop corns :D

About 4 years ago , I was a huge Nintendo fan ; I mean : When a Zelda game is available , I'm buying it. When a Mario game is available , I'm buying it and so and so
It was like a drug xD And had this since I was 6
Let's return to the topic , the origin of the nick. First of all , it was in 2011 I think

It was a sunday , holidays just began. I was only play New Super Mario Bros DS, a classic game but I was focused on train speedrun stuff. This day , I played around 5 hours and I was still training ! And then , I received a call : It was one of my best friend , he asked me if I wanted to sleep on his home for 1/2 days . Guess what was my reaction , I was really happy but then my mom arrived. She told me to revise my English first cause a travel to England will come soon. I agreed with her and if you really know me , you know that I'm a lazy ass. I just opened a dictionnary and searched Mario's vocabulary like pipe , world , mushroom , turtles and others things. Once done , I'll go on my friend's house and I continue my speedrun training xD Yeah , my friend invited me cause we liked do speedruns in solo xD

After playing , around 21 a.m, dinner finished , my friend ask me one question : "hey bro , wanna register in a special Forum ? It talks about Nintendo and futures games". And I think you guys know my feel when I can't find a nick already used LOL . Here , my friend said :"Go take a shit name , it's only for register lol"
But I'm not okay with his idea , so I decide to search an idea of funny nickname. I tried to think what I made this day and link it directly with Nintendo.

And then! DING! I thought that the secret pipes / warp zones was reallly important while you do a speedrun. I tried warppipe but I thought it was a shit nickname xD Then I thought that Secretpipe would be better but my friend said it'd be nsfw xD So I thought ppl won't be idiot and I took that name !

And there we go , since 4 years ago I use this nick :D I used to take this nick on Youtube / Twitter / Steam ...and Osu!

I hope that your mind isn't blown anymore xD
Dracool_old_1
My name goes way back. When I was very young like 6 years old I wanted to be a DJ. My name since then has always been Djmike although what is on the end of my name has changed a lot. First started at runescape my first game. I put Djmike but as to be expected it's taken so they gave be djmike070284. After that it then became djmike070 when I made a YouTube account. Then it became djmike010 when I started playing roblox (I was 8-9 at the time). Then on world of Warcraft you couldn't have numbers in your name so it became Djmikes since I see people putting random stuff at the end of their names. Then finally I thought s looked a bit weird so I changed it to z and ever since 2011 my name was Djmikez. Quite a story.
Andrus
My Name is Andrej/Andreas
Im Russian

Andrej/Andreas+Russian=AndRus

Andrus is taken everywhere, so just put "-owski" behind it, why not. Sounds russian/polish

BOOM
Andrusowski
JayKayVT
My name comes from a conversation I had on Steam with a friend. I'm always a kidder and never take anything serious, and one day he just randomly introduced me as "this is my jk-senpai" to a friend because I was always making him laugh. I changed it to be JayKay because saying jk on a forum or in a chat usually means you are kidding and so it would be easier to differentiate name from text talk. I tend to use "-Senpai" on more social media sites and "Gamer" on games or game websites. Not an interesting story at all.
Lunar Hare
Lunar Hare is an Ayakashi Ghost Guild daemon and my fav card lol
show more