forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat
bad idea #540: mixing a shark with a sawfish

actually it's not that bad, it's dangerous.
bmin11
M-Gallades ability is Inner Focus. My hype on halt.
rust45
Damn really? Justified is such a better ability for him
Jinxy
holy fuck Groudon's so broken

Gallade looks really cool in game but it's definitely more of a VGC mega with Inner Focus
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in Europe, some new hardware bundles have been announced. This bundle is for a special Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre themed Nintendo 2DSs. These consoles are transparent red and blue, to match the Ruby & Sapphire theme of the games.. The consoles will be available on their own in Europe on November 7th without the Pokémon name, or bundled with the games on November 28th.
Edit @ 09:10: They have also revealed details on the demo in Europe, coming in various areas on October 15th. The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. GAME Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.
Edit @ 09:25: The Netherlands has announced that you can get the demo at their firstlook event on October 11th/12th, or at their autumn tour
Edit @ 11:20: Italian details have been revealed. You can get the demo in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November., during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls), during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity & at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.
Edit @ 11:33: If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th
Edit @ 18:29: French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

http://serebii.net/oras2ds.jpg
For those of you in Germany, the details of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed in German McDonalds restaurants utilising the Nintendo Zone on your Nintendo 3DS from October 15th. To access it, you simply access the option in the Nintendo Zone to receive a code that can be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop
Lanturn
New mega is pretty awesome

I like how they made him more serpent like with the long whiskers or whatever you call them. Though the horns are a little strange imo. (How is this thing supposed to eat?)

Trash Boat
I think they are fangs. And I don't remember have seen an ability with more than 1 function(M Rayquaza Delta Stream resets and prevents all weather-changing effects and nullifies super-effective damage against Flying-Type Pokémon, resulting in dealing normal damage)
Treekii
Gumpy
Now I kinda wish I had a 3DS.
NaomiMinette
About time Pidgeot got one.
Lanturn
About time yup. I like how Pidgeot's hair ACTUALLY got shorter.. but got really fat :D

The other thing. You can actually FLY on Latios / Latias now via Eon Flute and find wild Pokemon in the sky, as well as some islands.. This is gonna be great!

Also the two new megas.

NaomiMinette
The "flying on Latias/Latios and finding Pokémon in the air" thing might be a homage to the third Pokémon Ranger game. Just sayin'.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Trailer & English Details

- The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information and Mega Evolutions from the past week. The US demo will come through the October Trainer Club News Letter.
- The DexNav in the PokéNav Plus has a search level as you find Pokémon. As this Level increases, you can find Pokémon with Hidden Abilities & Rare moves. You can even mark Pokémon in the area that you have seen and haven't seen.
- In the AreaNav, there is also tracking of Pokémon locations, as well as the return of the Trainer's Eyes and the ability to keep track of Secret Bases and Berries.
- Buzz Nav has information such as television shows, and you can even receive information for it with StreetPass.
- The PlayNav retains all features of the PSS, Super Training and Pokémon-Amie.
- Interview at USGamer confirms that Trainer Customisation is not in this game.
- It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions.

- The first details from the Pokémon ORAS demo have come in and have revealed Mega Steelix which gets the Sand Force ability.
- Mega Glalie is also in the demo. It is pure Ice-type and gets the Refrigerate ability.

I'll be editing this post whenever more info about the demo gets released.
Navizel
*waiting for froslass*

Not a gen 3 but still.
NaomiMinette
Ice princess Mega Evolution... *.*
Trash Boat
Mega Diancie is already for that, but who knows? \:D/
La Volpe
Yeah if they could leak Mega Milotic that be great.
NaomiMinette

Trash Boat wrote:

Mega Diancie is already for that, but who knows? \:D/
I swear you never read anything on Pokémon sites. Diancie is Rock/Fairy.
Trash Boat
lol i didnt meant the type, more like the design

Lanturn
Mega Steelix looks amazing. I hope the NA mega is something out of the blue... and yellow.. and like a fish... <3 I can hope right?

----

So my favorite Pokemon song got a new music video <3
Anyone remember Imakuni? :D

NaomiMinette
I hate you ;~; I'd rather Ronald's Theme (when he appears)...
Lanturn
Hehe. Actually I think my favorite theme was just the normal battle one. For being a normal battle song, I never actually got tired of hearing it over and over.

I need to bust out my old game. I actually still have it :)
NaomiMinette
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/1 ... th_x_and_y

Way to make the past games useless ._.
Navizel
Isn't that how it usually is?
NaomiMinette
Eh... It's more like they're making PokéTransporter useless now, but whatever.
mm201
Shouldn't that say 720? Since I'm pretty sure Hoopa is confirmed to be in ORAS.
And yes, they do this every generation. (if you count events)
NaomiMinette
Started the OR/AS thread. It'll mainly serve as the Super Secret Base QR codes handler.
Katze
I'm just going to ask a question about the downloadable Shiny Gengar,

did anyone from Europe (especially Austria or Germany) actually got their code? Because last week before I went on vacation,
I checked the german Version of Bulbagarden or whatever it's name is, and they stated that the Code-Giveaway is a huge desaster
in Germany and Austria since nearly no Gamestop-Store received their codes, or only 10 - 15 and these were gone in the first
hours of the first day. So today I asked my boyfriend to check two stores for me which are in Vienna and one of them had no codes left
and the other one told him that they didn't knew anything about the whole Event.. So did anyone receive theirs? Because once again it's
really disappointing that this stuff is always so unoraganized here in Austria.
Derekku
Just accidentally duped a pokemon over wireless >w>!

I was trading a Houndour for a friend's Onix with Metal Coat (so it would trade evolve into Steelix). The trade went through, it evolved, and then a communication error popped up so we were forced to reset. After getting online again, we saw that we both had my Houndour.

gg servers
NaomiMinette
Heh... I remember seeing it possible over local wireless, but I didn't realize you could also do it online (cuz, y'know, latency).

Y u no post to teh X/Y thred =c
Derekku

Blazevoir wrote:

Y u no post to teh X/Y thred =c
Oops, I just saw this one first and forgot there were multiple threads. :v
ColdTooth
Currently taking up a pokemon challenge, that's where I gotta beat Pokemon B/W without having my whole team faint at once.

I'm at Drifveil City and everything is getting a bit too challenging. I hate this challenge too much
Katze
Edit: removed my actual post to the right thread!~ ==> https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/155747
NaomiMinette
Here's some details about Pokkén Tournament.

Seeing Suicune was a definite highlight for me.
Trash Boat
Did Lucario just pulled a light saber... more than once?
NaomiMinette
That's Bone Rush.

EDIT: Full video (contains commentary):

Skip to 8:45 to see the trailer (which also includes Suicune gameplay).
deadbeat
someone posted this to imgur, thought i'd share here
NaomiMinette
Oh wow... even the spin-off games are included. Very interesting map.
deadbeat
i wonder if it'd be interesting having an open world pokemon game where the point is to just explore and record what you find
Trash Boat
they forgot Ransei, from Pokémon Conquest
Bara-

Trash Boat wrote:

they forgot Ransei, from Pokémon Conquest
this game is so awesome
I have played it 3 times, never 100% it though ;-;
show more