forum

osu! standard 2v2 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
what time eastern
ProgrammerSocks
Since Celb couldn't be perfectly clear, Germany is currently using Central European Summer Time, which is +2 hours UTC. Here's a link to the current German time: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_DE.aspx

Riince wrote:

what time eastern
14:00 if you're using Daylight Savings Time, 13:00 if you aren't.
Blanky

Riince wrote:

what time eastern
2 pm Eastern time.
I'm asking if you and b1rd are fine with 4 pm eastern time.
Hopefully limee is also fine with this timing.
5 pm Eastern is perfect. I won't fall asleep half way throughout the tourney.
Vuelo Eluko

Blanky wrote:

Riince wrote:

what time eastern
2 pm Eastern time.
I'm asking if you and b1rd are fine with 4 pm eastern time.
Hopefully limee is also fine with this timing.
5 pm Eastern is perfect. I won't fall asleep half way throughout the tourney.
absolutely, i can do 5
Blanky
That's awesome, thanks. Can I presume you speak for b1rd also?
Vuelo Eluko

Blanky wrote:

That's awesome, thanks. Can I presume you speak for b1rd also?
nope, but i sent him a message.
Blanky
Now we just need to make sure the spectator will be able to spectate at that time.

Presuming b1rd and my partner are fine with these times.
kuroanchan
that's 1AM for me........
Vuelo Eluko

kuroanchan wrote:

that's 1AM for me........
That's just for our 2 teams though
B1rd
5pm Eastern time isn't very good very me, since by then I'll have been awake for 20 hours.
Tonnie123
Nice time
Blanky

B1rd wrote:

5pm Eastern time isn't very good very me, since by then I'll have been awake for 20 hours.
What part of aus do you reside at?
B1rd
Tasmania.
Blanky

B1rd wrote:

Tasmania.
According to google, Tasmania is at the same time as me. I'm asking if we can play 8 am tomorrow morning. Can you not wake up that early,
Blanky
Limee, my partner hasn't been on for 3 days. Why am I getting this feeling he's forgotten about the tournament.
cheezstik
Fuck, haven't been able to practice the maps and to top it off, its at 4-5 am for me and my partner -_-. Oh well, we were probably gonna lose anyway.
Blanky

cheezstik wrote:

Fuck, haven't been able to practice the maps and to top it off, its at 4-5 am for me and my partner -_-. Oh well, we were probably gonna lose anyway.
Why so pessimistic? Maybe the cookiezi within will be unleashed.
Margit Suzuki
That's midnight -_-
cheezstik

Blanky wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Why so pessimistic? Maybe the cookiezi within will be unleashed.
Well, with my team being 8k and a 23k, and the enemy being two 8ks, they just have a better chance. But it would be great if we can reschedule anyway, cos I just got the confirmation that my partner can't make it.
B1rd

Blanky wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Tasmania.
According to google, Tasmania is at the same time as me. I'm asking if we can play 8 am tomorrow morning. Can you not wake up that early,
I woke up about an hour before my forum post.
Topic Starter
Celb
See..This is a huge problem of any tournament. We've got players from all around the world, there will be 0 time wich is pleased for everybody.
Payaya

Celb wrote:

See..This is a huge problem of any tournament. We've got players from all around the world, there will be 0 time wich is pleased for everybody.
If the teams could decide on the time when they want to play their match themselves it'd be easier for everyone. Just give them a date to have played the match by (for example this sunday) or something like that.
B1rd
yeah that seems better. maybe allow the teams a two or three day period in which they can decide when to play their matches.
Topic Starter
Celb
If the teams could decide on the time when they want to play their match themselves it'd be easier for everyone. Just give them a date to have played the match by (for example this sunday) or something like that.[/quote]

yea that's right. But it would still be hard for the teams finding a time for playing. It's also quite hard for the referee(wich is not me) to be online at sunday everytime THE TEAMS want to play. I mean he can't get up at 6 and then he gets up on 20 again, you know?

Let's just check. So okay since everyone has a problem with it, you guys now tell me wich games can acctually played TODAY AT 20:00o'clock! I only want to read "Game 1,Game 3 etc..."
Payaya

Celb wrote:

yea that's right. But it would still be hard for the teams finding a time for playing. It's also quite hard for the referee(wich is not me) to be online at sunday everytime THE TEAMS want to play. I mean he can't get up at 6 and then he gets up on 20 again, you know?

Let's just check. So okay since everyone has a problem with it, you guys now tell me wich games can acctually played TODAY AT 20:00o'clock! I only want to read "Game 1,Game 3 etc..."
Do we actually need a referee to be there for every match?
Where's the problem with just sending said referee the matchpage so we can be completely sure no one's lying about having won/lost in a match.

[ Tom Appreciation Team ] can play today at 20:00
Topic Starter
Celb
Do we actually need a referee to be there for every match?
Where's the problem with just sending said referee the matchpage so we can be completely sure no one's lying about having won/lost in a match.
Well i guess not, but for the games wich can play today, a referee would be quite nice anyways.
Blanky
I personally think a tournament with a prize pool of $4 isn't enough to motivate someone to lie. I think a referee isn't necessary. Just have the teams play their games asap and screenshot the final scores.
Payaya

Blanky wrote:

I personally think a tournament with a prize pool of $4 isn't enough to motivate someone to lie. I think a referee isn't necessary. Just have the teams play their games asap and screenshot the final scores.
It's not that I'd expect someone to lie but I think it's better to be safe than sorry.
But the presence of a referee during the matches really isn't necessary so just a screenshot or the mp link is enough.
Blanky
I just remembered. The referee was supposed to pick the maps. Celb, think you could pick the maps for each game and post them up here?
Topic Starter
Celb

Blanky wrote:

I just remembered. The referee was supposed to pick the maps. Celb, think you could pick the maps for each game and post them up here?
The maps are randomly picked, in the game lobby. I guess i wont pick them. First of all i want to know wich Games are going to be played and when!!! This is not my task. It's yours. Please communicate with your Game opponents and tell me the result!
[ Piyori ]
Game 3 can play at 21 o clock
Topic Starter
Celb

[ Piyori ] wrote:

Game 3 can play at 21 o clock
thats what im talking about, THANK YOU!
kuroanchan
Game 4 not sure, because 20PM German time is 1AM Indonesia time.
dunno about game 2, but I can play at any time eastern

also not sure about desu_p
Payaya
Game 7 will probably be played tomorrow at noon (waiting for confirmation)
Topic Starter
Celb
So allright, since my partner also injured his finger, the tournament wont start until every game-opponents talked about when they want to play! If everybody has replied, you will personal message me..:
"
Game Number:
Game Date:
Time:
"
Otherwise this one here will be a huge chaos!
PTHD
Team 4 can play right now up to 9PM UK time.
Ayachi-

PTHD wrote:

Team 5 can play right now up to 9PM UK time.
My team can probably make it before your 9PM
So do we take turns and pick maps? Cuz I don't think celb is on or the map selector
FKNJunko
We are trying to contact the team for game 5 and have been for the past 2 hours.... No luck so far as they went offline.
Topic Starter
Celb

x Hanako wrote:

We are trying to contact the team for game 5 and have been for the past 2 hours.... No luck so far as they went offline.
I know.
show more