forum

osu!chorus (osu!idol inspired)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hard
osu chorus for fun!

With the start of osu!idol I was able to see a lot of really awesome voices and in the thread of the contest there's a lot interest in forming a chorus / singing together. Since talking via. pm is very tiring and not efficient at all I decided to open a forum-thread. I hope this is not against the rules and I just want to talk about everything.

Atm. we're

but I think the more the merrier. (or sth. like that)

I didn't want to spam the osu!idol thread so here's our own. Please talk about music related, if you want to join and if you got some nice songs to sing.

If there's someone interested in taking part please pm me. Also if there are people that are good with mixing voices and using sound programs you can pm us too. If you want to take part please also include a voice example. (mostly because I am curious)

I hope we'll have fun singing together :)

Sign Ups are over! But if you still wanna join please send me a pm. Also: Please give me voice example UTC

Thanks to LoliFlan for showing me how to do a survey. Also:

The voting's finished. We'll sing DECO*27 - Ai Kotoba (feat. Hatsune Miku)

link to our vote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
yealina
>w<

leia. a good idea. but sooooooooooooooooo diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiificult
Topic Starter
Hard

yealina wrote:

>w<

leia. a good idea. but sooooooooooooooooo diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiificult
we just force good singers to do the difficult parts ... hehehehe
Evanescent-
Bro can i join? im one of the contestants. :)
Topic Starter
Hard

InfiWong wrote:

Bro can i join? im one of the contestants. :)
I'm not against it.

I got a question for people not taking part but interested in this:

should we post voice examples of ourselves? Like some songs we made? and stuff...
MissTitannia
Me me me :3
xD My singing sample: https://soundcloud.com/misstitannia
About the songs..
YES song no2. <333 Leia <3
Topic Starter
Hard
I actually didn't think that there are many people interested in this. With 2 more in such a short time I am really happy! And also ofc you two are allowed!
yealina
i hope i can see more people join this when i wake up
good night.
MissTitannia
Oh yeah I forgot something xD
I'm a professional editor ^^
So you have sound mixing covered haha xD
This is my channel to prove that: http://www.youtube.com/user/MissTitannia
(I doubt anyone knows what AMVs are U.U)
Topic Starter
Hard
this is really great! (I may ask you to teach me mixing)
and ofc I know amv's
CoolshadowFNG
I'm somewhat interested, but I can't really promise anything until I have a recording space.

I'm at university, so I don't have my studio at home anymore.
yealina

CoolshadowFNG wrote:

I'm somewhat interested, but I can't really promise anything until I have a recording space.

I'm at university, so I don't have my studio at home anymore.
i often record in my dormitory when i'm in university.....
now i record in my room but i think my room is too small. the sound of echo are loud
Topic Starter
Hard
just record. I don't even have a decent microphone to record. This chorus is not about sounding best but having fun! (for me it is) Also you sound good with a bad microphone because your voice is neat :D
CoolshadowFNG

yealina wrote:

now i record in my room but i think my room is too small. the sound of echo are loud

Hard wrote:

just record. I don't even have a decent microphone to record. This chorus is not about sounding best but having fun! (for me it is) Also you sound good with a bad microphone because your voice is neat :D
I'd like to do that, but I have 5 other housemates that will complain. I'm going to email the university to see if I can book out a small studio room.
yealina

CoolshadowFNG wrote:

yealina wrote:

Hard wrote:

I'd like to do that, but I have 5 other housemates that will complain. I'm going to email the university to see if I can book out a small studio room.
sometimes i cut my class to do this wwwwwwwww
Topic Starter
Hard
okay coolshadow. just hope it will work out :)

also we're still planning stuff. I don't know when we start the recording and stuff... maybe next week or sth to get enough people to look. It'd be bad if we start too soon and someone wasn't able to join because this was too spontaneous.

How long should the recruiting take? 1 week? 2 weeks?
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

okay coolshadow. just hope it will work out :)

also we're still planning stuff. I don't know when we start the recording and stuff... maybe next week or sth to get enough people to look. It'd be bad if we start too soon and someone wasn't able to join because this was too spontaneous.

Well, judging as I've never heard these songs before, I'll probably listen to them for a few days each to get it down. Recruitment can take as long as you feel is needed. ^__^
MissTitannia

Hard wrote:

I think you should keep it here for few days and the after the "opening" you should leave the auditions open so people can still sign up with their samples, and if we like any, we let them join afterwards :D
Topic Starter
Hard
the songs I posted are only suggestions so don't try to get them down already.

(also: you can make some own suggestions for songs. I think we need a big spread to choose from and then I can ask some forum-mod or sth. to make a poll)
yealina

MissTitannia wrote:

Hard wrote:

I think you should keep it here for few days and the after the "opening" you should leave the auditions open so people can still sign up with their samples, and if we like any, we let them join afterwards :D
i think it's not the only chance that we can chorus together
so maybe we can choose not only one song to sing
Topic Starter
Hard
yealina I agree with you.

I changed the first post a bit. So we start recruiting for a week for our first "thing" and then we can decide if we want to do any more.
yealina

Hard wrote:

yealina I agree with you.

I changed the first post a bit. So we start recruiting for a week for our first "thing" and then we can decide if we want to do any more.
i love the first one *runs*
Garven
I'll hop in, sure.
Topic Starter
Hard

Garven wrote:

I'll hop in, sure.
yay! now we got 2 (?) boys on board. This will be so fun !
Derekku
>>magnet

I'M IN
Topic Starter
Hard
okay. I added you in our list.

But we may not sing magnet for first song and stuff. We'll do some poll-stuff for the song choice (this is what I suggest)
LightDreamer
I join for sure! It will be AWESOME!!!!
Topic Starter
Hard
wow. Already so many people! I never thought so many would want to join. I think 8 people is okay but I'm not sure how many people we could take for one song.

If we become more maybe we'll have to alternate and, like form groups or sth. (Or just find long songs)
show more