forum

Will a model M be better than a rubber dome for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Juergenero
I have just started playing this game more or less and want to know if using my model M will be beneficial or detrimental to playing osu, I know people like mechanicals, but a model M is tactile and pretty heavy of a switch so I don't know if it will actually help.
jasian
There's only one way to find out. Use it if it's available to you.
Purple
It's definitely better. Then again, anything is better than playing with rubberdomes.
ZenithPhantasm

Purple wrote:

It's definitely better. Then again, anything is better than playing with rubberdomes.
What he said.
cheezstik
Cmon guys rubberdomes aren't that bad >_>
silmarilen
when it comes to playing osu!, yes they are.
it's like the difference between a normal bicycle and a racing bicycle
buny
An inexperienced biker won't know the difference between them
naliem
I won't say it... Buckling springs are way soooo hard for osu!.
Gumpy
Any mechanical is better than rubber dome.
GoldenWolf

Gumpyyy wrote:

Any mechanical is better then rubber dome.
than*
I Give Up
Some rubberdome are good quality and viable for osu, but most are trash. So model M is definitely better in this regard. When you hit +200bpm on trash rubberdome you have to press the key with incredible force to get it to bounce back up and reset consistently, making it more tiring than even the hardest mechanical keyboard.
Granger

Purple wrote:

Then again, anything is better than playing with rubberdomes.
Even my membrane keyboard?!
draco16_old
Which type of keyboard are like Model M but the keys "click" when you push them? Are these types any good for Osu! ?
Litenang

draco16 wrote:

Which type of keyboard are like Model M but the keys "click" when you push them? Are these types any good for Osu! ?
Are you talking about cherry mx blue keys? I think they're fine. I played on them for a while. It's all personal preference to be honest, but you'll find that your stamina and consistency will improve loads if you get a mechanical. Also,

buny wrote:

An inexperienced biker won't know the difference between them
vsprite
red switch masterace
Espionage724

draco16 wrote:

Green switches I believe are supposed to mimic the click and force of the buckling spring; it's not exactly a popular switch last I checked though, so finding a full keyboard with that switch might be hard.
FlyingKebab
CM Storm Quickfire TK with Greens from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFir ... e+TK+green