forum

What fingers..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Yo waddup, my question is pretty simple I assume, It's: what fingers should I use?
I've been using my ring finger and middle finger all the time on QW, so im wondering
if I should change to using middle finger and pointy finger or ring finger and pointy finger
as it may be faster and more accurate. I dont know that much about human anatomy
so im not sure which is the fastest of the middle, ring and pointy finger and what combination of those to use.
But im wondering if it would be smart to change my way or not to aquire more speed and accuracy.
Raniemi
Just use whichever finger that feels the most comfortable
GoldenWolf
You should use the one you the most comfortable with
cheezstik
Use whatever you like, the most optimal for most people is index and middle as they usually have the most control over those two fingers, but you might feel more comfortable using different fingers. Doomsday uses index and ring finger and he is one of the fastest players, so it's definitely possible.
xShiruna
Hello,

I currently use the Middlefinger to play, but its all your own preference.

Play some songs with the middle and some with the indexfinger and you will find a finger which ist comforable for you.

And I'm sorry for my english >.<
I Give Up
I recently found out that my ring/index are just as good as my middle/index at streams but I've used middle for so long that it has more speed and stamina, so I stuck to middle/index. Moral of the story: don't switch fingers once you've gotten used to them.
Ohrami
I use all 3

YamiHikari
The most common is index and middle i presume, but

GoldenWolf wrote:

You should use the one you the most comfortable with
Bauxe
I find my pinky and thumb the most effective combination. And I control my tablet pen with my nose.

I'd highly recommend this setup for anyone who plays osu!

Good luck!
chainpullz

Bauxe wrote:

I find my pinky and thumb the most effective combination. And I control my tablet pen with my nose.

Good luck!
I thought about saying pinky and thumb but then I stopped myself. Later I come back and see someone covered for me.
zwoots

Bauxe wrote:

Good luck!
Good advice, but personally I find it more effective to slam my face against my keyboard until either I pass the map or receive a head injury capable of making me think that I passed the map. Mechanical keyboards, being more durable than rubber domes, are of course essential for this strategy.