forum

Your comfort zone?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aria Kanzaki
For DT around 5.3-5.8 stars with 200-263 BPM, and for HDHR around 4.7-5.3 with 180+ BPM
buny
comfort zone is exactly what the name suggests

what you're comfortable with.
Vuelo Eluko
5.5 stars
Varetyr
any non-streamy map below 5 stars
Fetish
All songs without hardcore streaming.
cheezstik
I'd consider any map I can consistently get 94% accuracy at the very least to be in my comfort zone, so 5 stars.
xGx

ar10 that's jumpy
Rio-
4.5-5 or so. I can FC most of them with a few retries if I tried.
Yakuyan
Around 4.0-4.5 stars
honkers
two to three stars
Blanky
4-5.25 stars is comfortable and something I can fc within 10 retries. Anything above that is usually something for training purposes.
winber1
1-2 stars
Blanky

winber1 wrote:

1-2 stars
bby pls
Kwinii_old

winber1 wrote:

1-2 stars
byfar
can fc with shit accuracy: 4-5 stars

can almost fc with shit accuracy: 5-5.3 stars

ar9 onli fuck ar9.6

so id say around 4.8 stars
Litenang

Narrill wrote:

I think people are confusing "comfort zone" with "I can pass that."
I took it as maps that I like to play. I do like to play maps at all difficulties, as long as the song is good.
nrl
Ah. My favorite maps are the funky ones that get super underrated by the star system ;P
B1rd

Narrill wrote:

I think people are confusing "comfort zone" with "I can pass that."
I think you're confusing it with something that has a set definition rather than just being what the person is comfortable playing.
[-Cloud-]
Everything with streams and without jumps is my comfort zone.
Sophia

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Everything with streams and without jumps is my comfort zone.
This.

also, 3 stars. Seriously.
domSaur
4.10-4.30 AR9s with no jumps(or at least not the screen-wide ones), very slow or(or spaced) streams and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally short sliders that are arranged like a stream(sry, dunno the term)
wacats
Somewhere 4.7 star and everything below it.
Synpoo
Between 4 to 4.75 stars with hidden on.

Also with minimal streams and more jumps.
silmarilen
it's funny how my comfort zone is the same as people around rank 20k
shows how different people see comfort zones
Trauter
3.75 - 4.10 Something like this
nrl

B1rd wrote:

I think you're confusing it with something that has a set definition rather than just being what the person is comfortable playing.
Well, that would be a set definition. It's comfort that doesn't have a set definition. This thread is turning into "what difficulty of maps do you play?"
cheezstik

Narrill wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Well, that would be a set definition. It's comfort that doesn't have a set definition. This thread is turning into "what difficulty of maps do you play?"
Well technically I could be comfortable at 80% accuracy, or even failing etc. Comfortableness depends on the person, and is a bit of a vague word here, there probably could have been a better choice of words, like "What maps can you play well?", but everyone mostly assumed it that way anyway.
Top Bunk
I'm comfortable with jumpy AR8-9 (I seem to have trouble with anything lower now) songs with no streams. I hate streams. So I would say around 4 star, give or take a few decimals.
buny

Narrill wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Guess we're not allowed to be comfortable at higher difficulty map guys
I Give Up
nrl

buny wrote:

Guess we're not allowed to be comfortable at higher difficulty map guys
How comfortable can an inexperienced player really be with 6+* maps?
silmarilen
comfortable to me means i can ss it without warmup, but it's not so easy that it becomes boring
winber1

silmarilen wrote:

comfortable to me means i can ss it without warmup, but it's not so easy that it becomes boring

winber1 wrote:

1-2 stars
coincidence? i think not
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

winber1 wrote:

1-2 stars
coincidence? i think not
I don't think I could even SS a 1~2 star map without HRDT ;_; ...

Edit: I don't think I can SS anything to be honest ...
uzzi

nooblet wrote:

Damn straight.

jk ily
nooblet

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

nooblet wrote:

Damn straight.

jk ily
uzzi hidoi :(
Vuelo Eluko

Narrill wrote:

B1rd wrote:

which are comfortable maps generally
GoldenWolf

nooblet wrote:

uzzi hidoi :(
They're damn right though.
otoed1
I don't really have a comfort zone. I guess it'd be around 4.5 stars because maps that are too easy/ low AR are impossible for me and I miss constantly regardless of difficulty.
show more