forum

AR11

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pengua
Since we can map in decimal points, it's become a lot easier to edit maps to points between AR9 and AR10 but does anyone have any tips for AR11? It looks absolutely brutal.
B1rd
No one can read ar11. don't even try.

B1rd wrote:

see: emperorpenguin and listless
Topic Starter
Pengua

Faces3 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

see: emperorpenguin and listless
Yeah, I've seen a few emperorpenguin AR11 plays, although with HD >.>
cheezstik
I'm pretty sure less than 5 people in the world can actually read ar11. As far as I know, none of those people are in the top 10 ranking, so it's a pretty hard thing to be able to do, if people with enough dedication to get top 10 haven't even learned to read it.

As for tips, I guess it would be the usual play more. I heard HD makes ar11 a lot easier, but I'm shit at HD, and I can barely do 10.3, so I wouldn't know. It seems like you'd have to have a pretty crazy reaction time to read AR11.
funfact : ar11 is about .4 ms above human reaction time
buny
play a lot of it

B1rd wrote:

quite a lot of people can.
the high OD + dt is a huge problem with ar11 however since it's mostly only achievable with double rock
B1rd
who can? is there anyone who can sight read FC a decently hard song at AR11?
buny

B1rd wrote:

What would you classify as "decently hard"?

Keep in mind that even easy insane dts can be hard with the addition of small circles and the extremely high OD
fartownik

B1rd wrote:

It's certainly not impossible, but REALLY hard to do, especially maps that are fast and hard by nature. It requires map knowledge and certain amount of retries to be able to play a map correctly with AR11, and, most importantly, extreme warmup in advance (at least in my case).

Emperorpenguin83 is currently the best AR10.3+ player in existence.
buny
The hardest part about reading AR11 is sustaining that readability.

fartownik wrote:

10.8+

A lot of players can read AR10.3 perfectly fine
Topic Starter
Pengua
I can play AR10.3 but AR11 I just die almost instantly. It might be HR and the CS making it seem more difficult, idk. Should I just play a lot of AR11 NF?
fartownik

buny wrote:

The hardest part about reading AR11 is sustaining that readability.

fartownik wrote:

10.8+

A lot of players can read AR10.3 perfectly fine
Well, I meant everything above 10.3.
fartownik

Pengua wrote:

I can play AR10.3 but AR11 I just die almost instantly. It might be HR and the CS making it seem more difficult, idk. Should I just play a lot of AR11 NF?
I used to play impossible maps with AR11 in order to play it properly. If you do so, the easier ones will feel like a cake.
cheezstik

Pengua wrote:

Try editing the map to ar10 by default, so you only need to add dt to make it ar11, and not hr.
winber1
pretty sure the supposed ar11 have even said themselves that they pretty much memorize the map. thus no one can actually read it, but many people are good at it. personally i would not say i cannot read ar 10.3 at all, but i can still get fc's with it.
nrl

Faces3 wrote:

I think you mean .04 seconds. Average human reaction time is around 250ms, and AR11 is 300ms.

Narrill wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

I think you mean .04 seconds. Average human reaction time is around 250ms, and AR11 is 300ms.
/me fixes
Ichi
Emperorpenguin is just sick... anyway i don´t know how his sight is after rertying an ar11 song alot, i personally end up pretty bad after some 10.3 session, have to focus alot.
buny

Ichi wrote:

Emperorpenguin is just sick... anyway i don´t know how his sight is after rertying an ar11 song alot, i personally end up pretty bad after some 10.3 session, have to focus alot.
he plays with hidden, so it's not that much strain
TUOPlays
ya know if you play a map a lot/memorize it that's when higher ARs become doable. I literally learned AR8 DT by playing a map i knew really well constantly, and it made the AR seem slower than it actually is. It requires a lot of memorization, but not as much as FL for example
buny
Nobody can do ar10 without memorisation
FlyingKebab
The line between reaction and reading at AR11 is quite slim tbh. You couldn't say for sure if a person is reading the map or just reacting to it.
buny
That's what people said about AR10 few years back also.
FlyingKebab

buny wrote:

That's what people said about AR10 few years back also.
Well 280BPM+ AR10 isn't exactly easy to read :"D.
buny
280bpm+ looks better on 10.3
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

pretty sure the supposed ar11 have even said themselves that they pretty much memorize the map. thus no one can actually read it, but many people are good at it. personally i would not say i cannot read ar 10.3 at all, but i can still get fc's with it.
This.

buny wrote:

Nobody can do ar10 without memorisation
There are plenty of people who sightread fc ar10 maps.
buny
anyone that claims to sightread ar10 are hackers
Aria Kanzaki
Cookiezi FCed an AR 11 song
Zare
buny I get the point you're trying to make, but note that at some aspects of the game, certain physically induced limits cannot be broken. The amount of ms it takes for the visual input to appear on the screen, be recognized by our eyes, be transmitted to our brain through neurocytes and be processed by the brain so we can actually react to it ultimately adds up to something between 250 and 300 ms, depending on the person.

AR11 is 300 ms, so we have around 50 ms MAXIMUM for aiming and clicking. It's just not possible to understand complex patterns and rhythmic variations during such a short time while you're still focussing on aiming the previous objects. Emperorpenguin's scores are mostly on extreeeemely simple and straightforward maps (e.g. Koigokoro or Streamline Prism) and even for those he needed a whole lot of tries.

I don't mean to say that one can't react in time when an object appears on screen at AR11, and penguin probably didn't completely memorize every single circle of every map he plays, but as it stands, there's no one who can safely sightread AR11 the way others can casually pull of AR9
show more