forum

Poor self esteem in this game.

posted
Total Posts
show more
[-Cloud-]
He fucked up the last stream with 100s and just gave up at the end. Stamina was never a problem for rrtyui.
Dexus
Didn't we just have a thread like this and it got locked?
Rewben2

[-Cloud-] wrote:

He fucked up the last stream with 100s and just gave up at the end. Stamina was never a problem for rrtyui.
Hmm, perhaps him getting the 100's made him give up and intentionally miss. Meh.
[-Cloud-]

Rewben2 wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Hmm, perhaps him getting the 100's made him give up and intentionally miss. Meh.
Since he wanted to take #1 from cptn, yes. :p
AmaiHachimitsu
it's obvious to have low self-esteem.

There are people who played less than you and are on a whole different level.

Anyways, players think they suck but they also know their abilities and their worth.

We all have pride in our scores, but we can't possibly think high of us when there are guys who are lot better.
B1rd
^yes.

Conor wrote:

I feel like shit all the time so I play this game to try and get some false sense of achievement.

It doesn't work because I'm shit.
This describes me perfectly.

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Since he wanted to take #1 from cptn, yes. :p
yeah, pretty sure he gave up when his accuracy got too bad. His accuracy has never been his strong suit.
Gumpy
I always feel like shit at this game. Then I remember all my IRL friends think i'm good at this so... idk.
Athrun
We all feel like this. Everytime I miss a note, I realize how stupid I am.
When I pass songs, it makes me feel happy and relieved, knowing that I am able to do this.
FlyingKebab
One of the main reasons continuing to NF is difficult. Gotta suck it up and just push through.
Insyni

agu wrote:

you only have 14k plays, at least you're not above 50k and mediocre at the game
Then you have someone with over 20k+ plays and not above 50k rank who cannot pass 4 star songs.
B1rd

DustyFfy wrote:

agu wrote:

Then you have someone with over 20k+ plays and not above 50k rank who cannot pass 4 star songs.
you're like I was with mouse. get a tablet and at least you can get to 20K...
n9011
I just look at my first gameplay of this great map and laugh at it. That gets me going
WolfCoder
Play count isn't at all accurate, if you play with sudden death or the kind of person who keeps restarting, I noticed it still counts those. I always check the level instead. It's not that accurate either, but it's magnitudes more accurate than play count.

There is a plateau where you can get the same points for two different songs of the same length but different difficulty, but you only get the points you hit so the person who keeps restarting and the person who pushes all the way through songs will have the same level but different play counts.
iderekmc

otoed1 wrote:

Purple wrote:

Uh, no, not everyone has such bad mental health that it affects you in a circle-clicking game. Srsly the game has a very tall skill ceiling, if you don't have the patience to allow yourself to learn and improve, then I'd suggest taking up an easier hobby for your own well being.
easy=dumb,boring,stupid, and pointless
actually, osu! is pretty pointless, but its cool so i play xD
B1rd
life is pointless.
[-Cloud-]
idereks existence is pointless.
nrl
*iderekmc's
[-Cloud-]

Narrill wrote:

*iderekmc's
I'm so sorry.
nrl
its k cloud i forgiv u
Vuelo Eluko

DustyFfy wrote:

agu wrote:

to be fair, your # of total hit is fairly low, which is a more meaningful metric.
cheezstik

Gumpyyy wrote:

I always feel like shit at this game. Then I remember all my IRL friends think i'm good at this so... idk.
Idk how good your IRL friends are, but mine thought I was good.... when I was rank 60k and barely passing 4.5 star maps with trash tier accuracy. I'm ten times better now, at 11k, and I know that I am still shit at the game.
byfar

B1rd wrote:

can confirm.

most of the time mouses have shit configurations and inbuilt acceleration

i think the best way to improve is to say that you suck but dont actually give up. for me it gives me reason to practice and shit.
Litenang

byfar wrote:

B1rd wrote:

can confirm.

most of the time mouses have shit configurations and inbuilt acceleration

i think the best way to improve is to say that you suck but dont actually give up. for me it gives me reason to practice and shit.
I thought we all really DO suck. Also, I don't think the mouse is the problem 80% of the time.
nrl
I was terrible for the better part of two years, but within a week of picking up a tablet I was FCing maps I couldn't even pass before. The mouse might not be the problem 80% of the time, but you'll never know if you're in that 20% unless you try it.
ikzune
poor self esteem makes you perform worse in this game you just have to encourage yourself to either push on in a bad day and just ignore that part of your brain or stop for the day, it is good to take breaks from the game and even after a long break you may feel that a lot of performance has been lost and you are doing bad however it is rapidly regained in a day at most normally
Sophia
We all suck at this game. Some of us just suck a lot more. Like me.
Mystrian_old

Pichu0102 wrote:

Perfect restarts the song instantly and unceremoniously, not even acknowledging that you tried other than x retries and counting... Crushes your spirit, it does.
Ctrl+r
Seenko_
Every game that involves rhythm and precision is hard, you just gotta get used to it, you'll never be good at a game playing it for just some weeks, sometimes it can take months or even years for that to happend, you just need to not give up, and one day you'll get to be waaay better
theLiminator
Game is hard, don't even know why I play.
Varetyr
If it were an easy game, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't play it though
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

I was terrible for the better part of two years, but within a week of picking up a tablet I was FCing maps I couldn't even pass before. The mouse might not be the problem 80% of the time, but you'll never know if you're in that 20% unless you try it.
Narrill picked up a tablet and magically went from a 15k playcount shit tier player to a 16k playcount top 1000 master of the HD+HR. True story. Take notes.
buny

Varetyr wrote:

look at LoL tho
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

Varetyr wrote:

look at LoL tho
leagues difficulty works the same as osu, incredibly easy at lower levels, very hard at higher ones.
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

buny wrote:

look at LoL tho
leagues difficulty works the same as osu, incredibly easy at lower levels, very hard at higher ones.
+1, I don't understand why the dota / starcraft fanboys that say league takes no skill don't just get 4 of their friends with the same opinion and go pro, it's a pretty high salary as it has one of the biggest e-sports scenes.
buny
the internet is a very serious place
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

Narrill picked up a tablet and magically went from a 2k playcount shit tier player to a 16k playcount top 1000 master of the HD+HR. True story. Take notes.
A small, but very important, fix.
B1rd
it must be really nice to be able to easily surpass people who try harder than you just with natural talent.
nrl
It's great. I'm totally gonna take over the world and oppress everyone with less natural talent than me.

O.o
FlyingKebab

cheezstik wrote:

+1, I don't understand why the dota / starcraft fanboys that say league takes no skill don't just get 4 of their friends with the same opinion and go pro, it's a pretty high salary as it has one of the biggest e-sports scenes.
Most of the time it's because League has less real time things to do than Starcraft/Dota. Let's say lol doesn't have the deny mechanic, most people on the lol forums will say that it is a stupid mechanic by logic and it makes the game more passive, but on the other hand it makes the game more skill dependent since you have to worry about last hitting AND denying AND harassing at the same time. Next we have lol's mana pools a.k.a energy etc. Some people don't accept the fact that lol is more action oriented than dota or hon and thus it has lower mana costs and very fast regen times in comparison to low mana pools and high mana costing skills in dota or hon. Then you have lol's forest/jungle buffs and etc. I would say that people hate on lol because it forgives mistakes a lot better than dota/hon. In the other two games you have to be near perfect to win a game although lol takes quite a lot of skill to win in higher rankings like platinum or diamond. Lol's learning curve is a lot better than dota's since in dota everything is thrown at you at once. If we were to get more in depth into the meta of both games action vs passive strategy then you can notice that league has A LOT less disables/hexes/slows/stuns etc. than dota. Since in dota nearly every hero has some kind of disable you can get pretty badly destroyed if you play bad but of course there are thinks like BKB which give magic immunity. Whilst league's champions have scaling magic and physical damage from items as + x bonus to the skill damage and in dota's players eyes allow for some absurd 1 second burst downs that make absolutely no sense, but when you think about it lol doesn't have any way of locking a person down so the only way to kill him is by just throwing an absurd amount of damage in a short amount of time at your target.

TL;DR People who play dota think that lol's has an easier learning curve and is less complex thus they say that it is inferior. People that play lol will say that dota is overly complex and too hard and not fun to get into therefore it sucks.
nrl

cheezstik wrote:

It's not dota/starcraft looking down on league, it's dota looking down on league and starcraft looking down on everything. And when you break it down, they're all right in a relative sense; I can't really speak to dota/league, but MOBAs as a whole are just simplified RTSs, they don't hold a candle to starcraft (if I had to guess, I'd say league's popularity is actually due in large part to this relative simplicity). It's disingenuous to tell people to "just go pro" because success within the game has nothing to do with the complexity of the game and everything to do with the skill of the other players in the playerbase.
show more