forum

Playing taiko to improve standard skill level

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cheezstik
Does this work? Can anyone confirm any advantages taiko has given to standard? I originally wanted to play it to improve my streaming / accuracy in general to improve my HR skills in standard, but now I find myself pp farming in another game mode, from day 1 >_>.
Gumpy
Well it's probably gonna help with seeing the cricle and clicking it faster, but when playing taiko you don't move the mouse/tablet pen.
So from my logic you are learning half of standard.
Topic Starter
cheezstik

Gumpyyy wrote:

Well it's probably gonna help with seeing the cricle and clicking it faster, but when playing taiko you don't move the mouse/tablet pen.
So from my logic you are learning half of standard.
Yep, I knew that much was obvious, it's not like I'm gonna improve my aim and jumps by training my left hand.
uberpancake
I've heard of people improving their accuracy with taiko with good effect. Logically finger speed should of course improve too.
Litenang
I think it's helpful to play all the other modes. They develop your sense of rhythm and reading, helping you in any rhythm games, not just Osu! standard.That being said, just because you manage to be amazing at taiko doesn't mean you'll be amazing at Osumania, etc.
otoed1
It will improve your finger control. Thats it. Technically, it will make you better at standard but in reality you will get better at taiko by playing taiko, and get better at !s by playing !s
honkers
From personal experience, all I gained from playing taiko is finger stamina and prescription glasses
B1rd
Or you could, you know, play standard to improve standard skill.
Synpoo

B1rd wrote:

far too logical
Topic Starter
cheezstik

B1rd wrote:

Lolno wtf, who thought of that dumb idea? o.O