forum

osu! idol (Final Round - Complete!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hard
I never tried singing Japanese but I think I'll try for next round. I just don't really know what j-pop really is. Is it really just japanese pop-music? And I don't know when pop starts and it becomes rock. And is a pop ballad allowed?

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc

Or is Kalafina still j-pop? And stuff... I am not that sure. Could we have a definition of j-pop? Or general of pop? Or should I just use the wikipedia one, which says that everything can be pop if you are brave enough.
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

I never tried singing Japanese but I think I'll try for next round. I just don't really know what j-pop really is. Is it really just japanese pop-music? And I don't know when pop starts and it becomes rock. And is a pop ballad allowed?

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc

Or is Kalafina still j-pop? And stuff... I am not that sure. Could we have a definition of j-pop? Or general of pop? Or should I just use the wikipedia one, which says that everything can be pop if you are brave enough.
It's so difficult to separate the genres sometimes. Like, for one of my potential entries, it could be counted as J-pop (because of the singers), J-rock (because of the combined sound), or J-metal (because it's basically speed metal anyway to me).
Hard
J-pop (often stylized as J-POP; Japanese: ジェイポップ jeipoppu; an abbreviation for Japanese pop), natively also known simply as pops, is a musical genre that entered the musical mainstream of Japan in the 1990s. Modern J-pop has its roots in traditional Japanese music, but significantly in 1960s pop and rock music, such as The Beatles and The Beach Boys, which led to Japanese rock bands such as Happy End fusing rock with Japanese music in the early 1970s.[1] J-pop was further defined by new wave groups in the late 1970s, particularly electronic synthpop band Yellow Magic Orchestra and pop rock band Southern All Stars.[2] Eventually, J-pop replaced kayōkyoku ("Lyric Singing Music", a term for Japanese pop music from the 1920s to the 1980s) in the Japanese music scene.[3] The term was coined by the Japanese media to distinguish Japanese music from foreign music, and now refers to most Japanese popular music. The musical genre has been immensely influential in many other music styles, and hence those of neighboring regions, where the style has been copied by neighboring Asian regions, who have also borrowed the name to form their own musical identities.
This is from wikipedia. Does this work?
There's also a list of j-pop artists and even Yousei Teikoku are in it. So this is it then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J-pop_artists
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

J-pop (often stylized as J-POP; Japanese: ジェイポップ jeipoppu; an abbreviation for Japanese pop), natively also known simply as pops, is a musical genre that entered the musical mainstream of Japan in the 1990s. Modern J-pop has its roots in traditional Japanese music, but significantly in 1960s pop and rock music, such as The Beatles and The Beach Boys, which led to Japanese rock bands such as Happy End fusing rock with Japanese music in the early 1970s.[1] J-pop was further defined by new wave groups in the late 1970s, particularly electronic synthpop band Yellow Magic Orchestra and pop rock band Southern All Stars.[2] Eventually, J-pop replaced kayōkyoku ("Lyric Singing Music", a term for Japanese pop music from the 1920s to the 1980s) in the Japanese music scene.[3] The term was coined by the Japanese media to distinguish Japanese music from foreign music, and now refers to most Japanese popular music. The musical genre has been immensely influential in many other music styles, and hence those of neighboring regions, where the style has been copied by neighboring Asian regions, who have also borrowed the name to form their own musical identities.
This is from wikipedia. Does this work?
There's also a list of j-pop artists and even Yousei Teikoku are in it. So this is it then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J-pop_artists
I've basically narrowed it down to two choices anyway. I might have to use what I planned to be the other wildcard entry, which isn't actually that bad. Now it's just working out how well I can sing them, and when I can use my university's music booths to record them.
Topic Starter
ztrot
fan dubs will be accepted if you do not want to sing Japanese.
Piine
ztrot has spoken
CoolshadowFNG

ztrot wrote:

fan dubs will be accepted if you do not want to sing Japanese.
I would hope so! Tabi no Tochuu was fun to sing in English. ^__^
MissTitannia
Stage 2: jpop encouraged or normal pop

^ does this mean less points if we sing english pop? xD
And also, if we are not sure if a song fits in "Japanese Pop" category, when time comes, can we send the song to one of the judges so they can decide? :D
Topic Starter
ztrot
or normal ENGLISH POP, the reason for saying j-pop is encouraged is because this is osu! afterall :P

it will not affect your score in anyway as long as it is pop!
Marcin
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You can view comments now on your scores.
Topic Starter
ztrot
we have 37 great contestants moving forward to our 2nd stage
LightDreamer
I saw LiSA in the J-pop artists list, but I don't know if Ichiban no Takaramono is considered as J-pop...

Can somebody answer me?
CoolshadowFNG
It's great to have the first round completed. I'm pumped for the next round now!

A shoutout for the 7 people who beat me:

Don't expect me to go easy next round, and congrats on such breathtaking performances.
Hard
I did it! I got into next round. So let's do the stuff with the singing again! I don't even want to win. I just want to get as far as possible for me
Nepeta Leijon
Yes! I'm in the top 10! At rank 9 haha.
LightDreamer
I'm just after Garven... What an honor. I won't decieve anybody for this stage!
Nwolf
wow CQ sang Piano Man

this is cool
Kitokofox

LoliFlan wrote:

Just don't do similar entries like Nishi's. Theres plenty of good rock and metal songs to go around!
I never liked rock before but playing Guitar Hero turned it 180, so im lookin forward to that stage. As for metal, we'll see.
Before I knew it I was singing paint it black. x)
shARPII
It seems like I trolled Sharlo...
/me runs o3o
Flanster
Congrats for everyone who passed to Stage 2!
As for those who didn't, practice a lot and come back next time with a suprise entry!
Aluminum76
Woooo! I passed! My next entry will be way better! Congrats to everyone who made it! :D
MissTitannia
yay 2nd place *^* Sharlo sounds like a really pro singer, I just listened to her entry.. so amazing! :D Hmm it's time to search for the next sooong. :idea:
CoolshadowFNG

shARPII wrote:

/me runs o3o
Loved your comment on my entry. That's gotten me even more excited.
Hard
What's the deadline for next round? Or: when will it start?
Teru21
somehow its sad I got no comment on my singing ._.

I gotta do something more special I guess huh..
_DG
Woo position 15~

Looks like its time to sing once more. I better at least make sure I get to round 4 to sing another random song gehehehe
Coro
wow 4th place, you guys are too kind~

okay, towards the next round~
birra

ztrot wrote:

or normal ENGLISH POP, the reason for saying j-pop is encouraged is because this is osu! afterall :P
....eeeee what if I wanted to sing something which is not in Japanese nor English? (but the song itself was aploaded here in osu!. I was actually planning to sing something which is not in both languages. noooh)
Garven
It's only the genre: Pop. That supports any language. J-pop was listed as the main draw due to the general audience here - it isn't the only option.
Sharlo

shARPII wrote:

/me runs o3o
/me slaps shARPII

MissTitannia wrote:

yay 2nd place *^* Sharlo sounds like a really pro singer, I just listened to her entry.. so amazing! :D Hmm it's time to search for the next sooong. :idea:
Thank you, and yours is very fair-sounding! I Like it <3

Anyway, thanks for the jugdements who like my submission lol
Derekku
It would really help to freeze one or two columns so that we can always have usernames on screen when scrolling left to right to see judges' scores and such! I'd also personally combine the duets into one cell to get rid of a rather blank and unnecessary column! :P
Evanescent-
that was close...alright! time to sing better for a better entry 8-)
birra

Garven wrote:

It's only the genre: Pop. That supports any language. J-pop was listed as the main draw due to the general audience here - it isn't the only option.
Ooooh thanks. ;w;
I mind worka slow at times OTL wubyukk. <3
Comett
That was a good run people, GG. Look out for the next Osu!Idol Hero and I will be back. ;)
Roku - Ban
28.1...I have not many time to practice about song Orz
yealina
one question(
if i want to sing perserved rose, can i use the instument with T.M.Revolution only then i sing the Nana Mizuki part?(or can i duet with T.M.R?)
Hard

CoroQuetz wrote:

wow 4th place, you guys are too kind~

okay, towards the next round~
yours was my favourite :D you sang this song awesomely
KinkiN
woo Sharlo \o/ gg

anyways nice entries guys ~
Pyrka
Woah, I'm so glad I did it, and I'm even 3rd *u* I have listened all your recordings, and wouldn't place mine so high, but still, congrats for those who passed, I am waiting to listen to more <3
Flanster

Derekku wrote:

It would really help to freeze one or two columns so that we can always have usernames on screen when scrolling left to right to see judges' scores and such! I'd also personally combine the duets into one cell to get rid of a rather blank and unnecessary column! :P
Good idea, instead of Voice 1 and 2 columns, just combine with Singer1 & Singer2 in one.
Applied.

Teru21 wrote:

somehow its sad I got no comment on my singing ._.

I gotta do something more special I guess huh..
Don't worry, I'm just lazy sometimes to leave a comment.
show more