forum

Omoi - Nee William

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Saoji

TicClick wrote:

EDIT: I'd still insist on making 03:29:816 (8,9,10,11,12,1) - and 03:33:131 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - complete streams because there's a fricking 1/4 left unmapped but oh well. Guess this is good enough for a bubble now.
If I would add it this way it would sound overmap, probably because of the previous triples that are actually overmapped, but I think it's worth it >< whatever

Thank you Zare for noticing

And thank you CB for instamod >< *love love*
There's only ont point I didnt change cause too lazy to find new pattern, the rating seems nice now anyway (RIP the end)

Thank you very much!
Zare
Oki. A few wuick things then. Excuse my lazy formatting on this, I'm kinda tired. If you have questions about what I mean with unfitting sliders, I'm talking about the rhythm usually and you should read up on Hitobject understanding and active/passive hitsounding on Jenny's userpage.

To make both our lives easier, please just apply the bolded things without discussing.

General:

1. Considering the Star Ratings of your diffs, to avoid confusion you should rename your difficulty to the respectively higher difficulty, i.e.
    Easy -> Normal
    Normal -> Hard
    Hard -> Insane
    Insane -> Expert

Even if you didn't originally intend it to turn out this way, it's how the system preceives your mapset.
  2. tags aren't seperated by commas but by spaces, so remove the commas.
Easy:

1. 00:28:323 (4) - I'd remove this note because in thsiu section there's a lot of 1/1 going on and it might get somewhat tiring for new players
  2. 01:02:135 (1,3) - let me nazi you on this: The sliderends aren't exactly on the same spot, it would look neater if you fixed this
  3. 01:05:782 (1,3) - avoid this overlap, new players don't expect notes at the same place again
  4. 02:05:451 (1,1) - Not enough time between spinner and circle, give the player more time to recover here.
  5. 02:18:711 (1,3) - ^^ same thing
  6. 02:30:313 (2) - this rhythm doesn't make sense. To have the sliders fit the vocals better, do something like that:
  7. 02:53:186 (1,1) - this blanket can look better
  8. 03:14:070 (2) - unfitting slider, replace this with 2 circles
Normal:

1. tbh I think having a lower spacing on the 1/2 notes would clean this diff up quite a bit, something like 0.8 would work well, consider doing this, even if it would mean to rearrange a lot of stuff
  2. 00:37:938 (3,4,5) - This could look a lot less messy. Also the last sldier (5) is incredibly unfitting because of the tail landing on the downbeat
    Basically, the change to the slider rhythm is strongly recommended, the artistic change is just details.
  3. 01:03:131 (1,1) - Circle too soon after spinner.
  4. 01:08:103 (1,2) - Horribly unfitting sliders,
  5. 01:26:998 (1,1,1) - why don't you make this a proper triangle with the same side-lengths? Would look a lot better
  6. 01:50:203 (3) - I feel like having a slider here is kinda overdone, the pattern mostly follows the vocals, so I'd recommend to throw a 3/2 beats long slider
  7. 02:05:451 (1,1) - note too soon after spinner
Hard:

1. 00:41:251 (2) - What's with the random spacing change? Reduce it to 1.5 to fit the previous spacings of the section
  2. 00:53:518 (1) - shorten this by 1/2 and add a circle on the downbeat
  3. 01:08:103 (1) - ^ You can also use 3 circles here to emphasize the vocals
  4. 01:51:529 (3,4) - this blanket can look better
  5. 02:45:229 (1,2) - Absolutely unreadable beacuse your spacing in this diff is very inconsistent anyway. no one would realize this is a 3/4 rhythm. You can delete the second slider and add 2 reverse arrows on the first one. You can also do something like that In order to create 1/2 gaps instead of 3/4 gaps:

This would be much more readable. I don't really care how you change this as long as players don't have to read a 3/4 gap between objects anymore.
  6. 03:06:776 (5,1) - swap NCs on these two objects
  7. 03:19:374 (1) - the slider is completely off rhythmically and messes with your hitsoundings as well as your NCing. Remove it by 2 circles or a 1/2 slider and a circle on the downbeat
Insane:

1. 01:05:119 (1,2,1,2) -
  2. I know this is somewhat of an intended effect, but thse are too quiet imo, they don't give the audible feedback that hitsound players like myself need, I'd raise the volume by 10 ~ 20 %
  3. 03:13:739 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - tbh these triangles don't make sense to the music whatsoever, the first three triangles could be justified with the lyrics landing on every 4th beat but then the pattern would have to stop at 03:15:064 (3) - because that's where Miku changes her vocal rhythm..
    Tbh I'd just recommend square patterns to emphasize the drumrhythms because those would fit better, otherwise you could do a cool back-and-forth pattern, something like that maybe:
    That way you'd have a slider on 03:15:064 which would accentuate the vocals there etc
    any pattern that groups the objects into 4 would work, this is just an example
  4. 03:45:230 (1) - I'd remove this NC, it seems overdone
  5. 03:45:893 (1) - ^
Topic Starter
Saoji

Zare wrote:

Oki. A few wuick things then. Excuse my lazy formatting on this, I'm kinda tired. If you have questions about what I mean with unfitting sliders, I'm talking about the rhythm usually and you should read up on Hitobject understanding and active/passive hitsounding on Jenny's userpage.

To make both our lives easier, please just apply the bolded things without discussing.

General:

1. Considering the Star Ratings of your diffs, to avoid confusion you should rename your difficulty to the respectively higher difficulty, i.e.
    Easy -> Normal
    Normal -> Hard
    Hard -> Insane
    Insane -> Expert

Even if you didn't originally intend it to turn out this way, it's how the system preceives your mapset. Umm I don't mind but... I'm not sure about that.. I know the rate looks weird in the listing but, I don't see a hard diff ar5 mapped like the current normal as a hard diff lol Nobody else made the point, so I dont know.
  2. tags aren't seperated by commas but by spaces, so remove the commas.
Easy:

1. 00:28:323 (4) - I'd remove this note because in thsiu section there's a lot of 1/1 going on and it might get somewhat tiring for new players
  2. 01:02:135 (1,3) - let me nazi you on this: The sliderends aren't exactly on the same spot, it would look neater if you fixed this
  3. 01:05:782 (1,3) - avoid this overlap, new players don't expect notes at the same place again
  4. 02:05:451 (1,1) - Not enough time between spinner and circle, give the player more time to recover here.
  5. 02:18:711 (1,3) - ^^ same thing
  6. 02:30:313 (2) - this rhythm doesn't make sense. To have the sliders fit the vocals better, do something like that:
  7. 02:53:186 (1,1) - this blanket can look better
  8. 03:14:070 (2) - unfitting slider, replace this with 2 circles
Normal:

1. tbh I think having a lower spacing on the 1/2 notes would clean this diff up quite a bit, something like 0.8 would work well, consider doing this, even if it would mean to rearrange a lot of stuff Uhhh I already did it a while ago (it was 1.2) so I think it's fine now.
  2. 00:37:938 (3,4,5) - This could look a lot less messy. Also the last sldier (5) is incredibly unfitting because of the tail landing on the downbeat
    Basically, the change to the slider rhythm is strongly recommended, the artistic change is just details.
  3. 01:03:131 (1,1) - Circle too soon after spinner.
  4. 01:08:103 (1,2) - Horribly unfitting sliders,
  5. 01:26:998 (1,1,1) - why don't you make this a proper triangle with the same side-lengths? Would look a lot better I think it looks ok
  6. 01:50:203 (3) - I feel like having a slider here is kinda overdone, the pattern mostly follows the vocals, so I'd recommend to throw a 3/2 beats long slider I highly disagree here it sounds better this way to me x)
  7. 02:05:451 (1,1) - note too soon after spinner
Hard:

1. 00:41:251 (2) - What's with the random spacing change? Reduce it to 1.5 to fit the previous spacings of the section
  2. 00:53:518 (1) - shorten this by 1/2 and add a circle on the downbeat
  3. 01:08:103 (1) - ^ You can also use 3 circles here to emphasize the vocals
  4. 01:51:529 (3,4) - this blanket can look better
  5. 02:45:229 (1,2) - Absolutely unreadable beacuse your spacing in this diff is very inconsistent anyway. no one would realize this is a 3/4 rhythm. You can delete the second slider and add 2 reverse arrows on the first one. You can also do something like that In order to create 1/2 gaps instead of 3/4 gaps:

This would be much more readable. I don't really care how you change this as long as players don't have to read a 3/4 gap between objects anymore. I really like your example
  6. 03:06:776 (5,1) - swap NCs on these two objects
  7. 03:19:374 (1) - the slider is completely off rhythmically and messes with your hitsoundings as well as your NCing. Remove it by 2 circles or a 1/2 slider and a circle on the downbeat I like this way >.> Fixed the NC though
Insane:

1. 01:05:119 (1,2,1,2) -
  2. I know this is somewhat of an intended effect, but thse are too quiet imo, they don't give the audible feedback that hitsound players like myself need, I'd raise the volume by 10 ~ 20 %
  3. 03:13:739 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - tbh these triangles don't make sense to the music whatsoever, the first three triangles could be justified with the lyrics landing on every 4th beat but then the pattern would have to stop at 03:15:064 (3) - because that's where Miku changes her vocal rhythm..
    Tbh I'd just recommend square patterns to emphasize the drumrhythms because those would fit better, otherwise you could do a cool back-and-forth pattern, something like that maybe: I like your pattern, but I think the triangles does fit though. " the pattern would have to stop at 03:15:064 (3)" It actually stop there, it's still the same movement but I dont think it's wrong
    That way you'd have a slider on 03:15:064 which would accentuate the vocals there etc
    any pattern that groups the objects into 4 would work, this is just an example
  4. 03:45:230 (1) - I'd remove this NC, it seems overdone I dont think so ><
  5. 03:45:893 (1) - ^ ^
Thank you very much, I'll up... soon.

EDIT: Insane Hitsounds fixed, wait for the other diffs
Fuseka
Elle était mieux au début la map :(
Topic Starter
Saoji

Fuseka wrote:

Elle était mieux au début la map :(
On verra ça me prend juste la tête la xD

EDIT: NVM, Hitsounds done, thank you Yuko for the little help !! :)
TicClick
rebubbled, since Zare is temporarily unable to take care of this
_koinuri
The romanised title should be "Nee William". No translated title in romanised title.
Topic Starter
Saoji

-[Koinuri] wrote:

The romanised title should be "Nee William". No translated title in romanised title.
I don't know. Because on nico it says " hey "

Thanks for checking.

PS: 9 BATs checked this map, where is the 10? xD
_koinuri
If you're talking about Nico Nico Douga translated title, other random people come in and translate it, so they're not official.
Topic Starter
Saoji

-[Koinuri] wrote:

If you're talking about Nico Nico Douga translated title, other random people come in and translate it, so they're not official.
I'll probably change it after asking Ticclick then,
Also, I guess I need to change the name as well... uiriamu or wiriamu? does anybody know?

Thanks!
_koinuri
-Didn't see the 2nd part-

William is an English word (or name?) so there aren't any need for romanisation
TicClick
Lanturn approves. Go change "Hey" to "Nee" and I'll rebubble againg (didn't even expect that *sigh*)
Topic Starter
Saoji
Fixed.

Thank you so much !!
TicClick
means I can restore the bubble
Zare
yeah well, can someone rank this now pls ~_~
Shohei Ohtani
O-Nee william
rezoons
When i told you tu put "hey william" in the tags after changing the title name it was because i thought it would be "Nee uiriamu" but since you only changed the "Nee" part it's redundant to have both william in the title and in the tag. So, before the rank (no need to pop the bubble just for that) don't forget to remove the "william" tag. Also you can maybe add "uiriamu" and "wiriamu" in case someone look for the song this way.
Topic Starter
Saoji

rezoons wrote:

When i told you tu put "hey william" in the tags after changing the title name it was because i thought it would be "Nee uiriamu" but since you only changed the "Nee" part it's redundant to have both william in the title and in the tag. So, before the rank (no need to pop the bubble just for that) don't forget to remove the "william" tag. Also you can maybe add "uiriamu" and "wiriamu" in case someone look for the song this way.
I asked Ticclick before.
Also even if it's like 2 different words it feels odd to have only "hey" in the tags right
And for wiriamu etc. why not but the song is known as "hey William" anyway I explained more in details.
Natteke desu
poke me in-game
Secretpipe

EvilElvis wrote:

poke me in-game
IT'S HAPPENING
Natteke desu
Congrats!
Mao
Gratz \:3/
Myxo
Congratz ^^
Zare
oh ffs finally
Chewin
Finally *-* Congratulations!
Topic Starter
Saoji
Thank you very much! <3 :)
RemiFlan

lol ok

grats tho seriously

Edit - oops.
Secretpipe
That diff spread LOL
Gratz~
Cherry Blossom
That diff spread D:
Gratz o/ Your first Ranked Map.
Topic Starter
Saoji

RemiFlan wrote:

lol ok

grats tho seriously
Optical illusion!
No seriously, it has already been discussed. i.i

Thanks ! :)
Moooo_old_1
really a good map 8-)
Frostmourne
First, my apologies for coming this late while gathering some of opinions with other QATs.
This needs to be unqualified due to the reasons here

- Offset is a little late, 805(-5) is what it should be. Don't forget to resnap all notes after resnapping.

- Explicit combo color (pure white) which is barely able to be seen with the colorful BG you have there in the mapset.
There is a similar case on p/3367839, and the said rule is being discussed and amended soon here but this case is using a black BG and has only one kiai so white color doesn't destroy eyes much while this one has a portion that could be risky to stare at. http://puu.sh/bQqd6.jpg

- Diffs name can be better with "Normal,Hard,Insane,Extra" instead of "Easy,Normal,Hard,Insane" when the icons exactly show in the first way.

- Easy can get some spinners for a variety of the SS scores so that it won't be set in a stone.

Note that these are all rankable but it's what we, as QATs need to do to ensure the quality.

Feel free to contact me for a rebubble or heart if you can't find a BAT to re-qualify it.
Cherry Blossom
Please Frostmourne
/me cries

Edit : Poke me when you fixed your diffs, i'll check this map.
Topic Starter
Saoji

Frostmourne wrote:

First, my apologies for coming this late while gathering some of opinions with other QATs.
This needs to be unqualified due to the reasons here

- Offset is a little late, 805(-5) is what it should be. Don't forget to resnap all notes after resnapping. alright

- Explicit combo color (pure white) which is barely able to be seen with the colorful BG you have there in the mapset.
There is a similar case on p/3367839, and the said rule is being discussed and amended soon here but this case is using a black BG and has only one kiai so white color doesn't destroy eyes much while this one has a portion that could be risky to stare at. http://puu.sh/bQqd6.jpg I can barely hide how bad I think this rule is. Black/flashy red is a pain for the eyes. But white is just epic, lots of maps got this combo and I find it totally ok (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/71720). And when you have flashy combo (pink, cyan, ...) gray seems... just sad. But ok, whatever.

- Diffs name can be better with "Normal,Hard,Insane,Extra" instead of "Easy,Normal,Hard,Insane" when the icons exactly show in the first way. I find really odd to have a hard diff with the setting of a normal diff but w/e.

- Easy can get some spinners for a variety of the SS scores so that it won't be set in a stone. added 1

Note that these are all rankable but it's what we, as QATs need to do to ensure the quality.

Feel free to contact me for a rebubble or heart if you can't find a BAT to re-qualify it.
thanks for the check
Cherry Blossom
Talked with Yales in-game.
Fixed minnor things.
Rebubbled.
Frostmourne
Thank you very much Yales for understanding all of my concerns T_T

Have a nice heart back :oops:
Deimos
WTF!

The pp calculation got messed up after changing the diff names. Hard diff is giving by SS +HDHRDT 277pp. Which can't be right.
Looks like the pp value is based on the current Insane diff, cause the Insane was called Hard before the name change.
Topic Starter
Saoji

Deimos wrote:

WTF!

The pp calculation got messed up after changing the diff names. Hard diff is giving by SS +HDHRDT 277pp. Which can't be right.
Looks like the pp value is based on the current Insane diff, cause the Insane was called Hard before the name change.
I reject any responsibility lol, but it's fixed i think.
Deimos

Yales wrote:

but it's fixed i think.
Yeah, it got fixed. Nevermind gratz for your first ranked.
Oracle
fun to play!!
thank you <3
show more