forum

Eyes moving

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny
If it's a repetitive pattern I don't follow them with my eyes, because it's already burned into muscle memory unless they were full screen jumps.

Looking at the other notes I do follow them with my eyes, as it helps me snap onto them or adjust my movements.
B1rd
as far as I'm aware I follow each note with my eyes.

but TBH, asking about where to look on your screen isn't going to help you get better. I recommend playing more.
FrzR
My eyes go towards the next note while playing. I'm comfortable with it. lol

DJAlex wrote:

Nn, it depends. Usually you want to stare at the whole screen for usual gameplay. I'd tell you to practice both, because looking at each note individually with your eyes, although it's hard, it makes your osu! life easier later on.

TL;DR: Do both. Look at each note individually for screen side-to-side jumps. Ex: Remote Control [Insane]'s jumps (although it's the hardest insane I've ever seen on my whole life)
if remote control is the hardest insane you've seen then you ain plyin dem CRNs

on topic I look at the whole screen, and sometimes I randomly follow the circles with my eyes before focusing on the whole screen again
buny
CRN too easy without hr tho
tfg50
I started kinda snapping my vision too (staring right at the middle of each circle) because that helps me preventing random misses.

buny wrote:

Remote Control too easy without hr tho
fix'd
buny
-hr
+dt

buny wrote:

-hr
+dt
you forgot +500 ez pp
Vuelo Eluko
use the lewa scanning technique, your eyes dont follow every circle but have 5 predetermined places on the playfield you focus on depending on where the notes are

its something like the 4 corners, and the center.
Synpoo
gouge your eyes out and get a new prescriptioN
Top Bunk

exozion wrote:

Does this also work in terms of streaming? Chop off your hand and get a new one attached made with cookiezi's DNA?
Gumpy
Looking at the circle would mean me missing most notes.
B1rd

Riince wrote:

use the lewa scanning technique, your eyes dont follow every circle but have 5 predetermined places on the playfield you focus on depending on where the notes are

its something like the 4 corners, and the center.
has lewa said he uses a technique like this?
silmarilen
yes, but since he deleted everything we cant quote it anymore.
B1rd
YukinoDesuDesu

SlasherZX wrote:

exozion wrote:

Does this also work in terms of streaming? Chop off your hand and get a new one attached made with cookiezi's DNA?
I think we're on to something.
Synpoo
we can create a new cookiezi with simple surgery
B1rd
oh nevermind, I understand. yeah I wish he'd keep it up.
Litenang
idk, I generally am looking at the whole playing field and usually only focus on my cursor. I also play 1280x800 windowed (on a 1920x1080) so that I can look at everything at once on my monitor.
otoed1
Call me a baddie, but I user peripheral vision + looking at the note i'm hitting. I have experience issues with this for really far jimps (cross screen) as my peripheral vision can see the note and I can move towards it, but whether or not I land perfectly on it is mostly luck. I imagine though, as i "play more." I'll get better at using peripheral vision.
Aria Kanzaki
follow the circle at first, then over time you will concentrate on the whole screen