forum

New Mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K a r u t a
I used to have a USB Cabled mouse microsoft micropack that is kind of broken.
Now my grandfather bought me a all Logitech mini mouse, wireless mouse.
Now I can play freely without any cable.
What do u think guys?
Do u think I should got a tablet or a wireless mouse is very good?
My grandfather bought it for Rp 155000
Or $9-11 approximately.
Rewben2
Wireless mouses suck. More input latency, batteries needed, more costly and generally just not better. A cable is rarely an issue in a desktop environment. But if you're coming from a mouse that is "kind of broken" then well, I guess it's an upgrade. Your mouse is almost certainly shit tier, I'd suggest upgrading if you want something considered good. Up to you though, if your current mouse works for you and you're fine with it then whatever.

If you want to dump money on a tablet, go for it. I did and am glad with my purchase.
cheezstik
Don't bother upgrading if you are comfortable and don't feel like the mouse is putting you too far behind. I doubt you can notice the latency of a wireless mouse. I'd be more worried about the weight and size of it, and how easy it is to grip. If those are fine for you then keep using it (Which I doubt, logitech mini mouse, fk osu on that).

You should buy a tablet if you want to improve a lot faster, but don't be disappointed if you aren't instantly better, usually takes a while.
[Bystander]
This mouse is intended for casual use (internet, word processing, etc...)
The sensor is not sufficient for playing osu! at high level.
I would recommend a wired mouse. The Logitech G400s is a much better option.
Duckk_old
anyone who says wireless mouse have any noticeable delay are liars.
Rio-
I suggest You try a tablet, or at least a Good wired mouse instead.

I used a Wireless mouse once for playing osu! and It wasn't really work well when I play jumpy map, that's from my own experience. If You think that Your wireless mouse are good enough, Then Continue playing with that for a while. If not, I'd recommend that You get something better like a tablet or at least a good wired mouse (Logitech G100s is an option for me, because I'm planning to buy that one too after I got enough money).
Vuelo Eluko

Rio- wrote:

I suggest You try a tablet
Raniemi

Duckk wrote:

I am a mouse player and when I try using a wireless mouse it definitely is noticeable.
El Koko

Raniemi wrote:

Duckk wrote:

I am a mouse player and when I try using a wireless mouse it definitely is noticeable.
i play with this and there really isn't any delay. i also have a wired mouse to compare and it feels the same.

now the mouse thingy you have really isn't good enough for osu!, but not exactly because of it being wireless. wireless mice are not the best, that you should be aware of. the best mice out there are wired, so if you're looking for something really good, go for a wired... or a tablet like you said.
buny
If you're looking to play more than casually, I'd advise getting a wired mouse. And if you're looking to strive for something better, then tablet is a step forward.
Also if you use your computer frequently you may want to invest in a better mouse. The price is not that much considering the longevity of them (depending on how you treat them)

Duckk wrote:

You're not at a skill level where you can differentiate the difference
FrzR
Wired Mouse. Logitech G400s. Nuff Said. *hides
Litenang
I know the logitech g400 is always a hotly discussed mouse and while it is good, I found a just as good mouse from another company (since I use very high DPI to play)

I'm currently using http://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Precis ... 00C9R48A0/

That being said, if you have a few extra bucks and want to buy logitech, I would urge you to do so. I bought my mouse when I used to play at 8200 dpi (then later 6400 dpi). I needed a mouse to support my sensitivity.
Duckk_old

buny wrote:

If you're looking to play more than casually, I'd advise getting a wired mouse. And if you're looking to strive for something better, then tablet is a step forward.
Also if you use your computer frequently you may want to invest in a better mouse. The price is not that much considering the longevity of them (depending on how you treat them)

Duckk wrote:

You're not at a skill level where you can differentiate the difference
Nice assumption that this is the only game I've played that requires mouse speed/coordination.. I hope you realize many top tier players use an IE3 which has the same delay as most modern wireless mice. If you actually miss a hitcircle because of your wireless signal you obviously can't read the AR properly (o no i missed a circle by 20ms.. need new mouse) yeah another thing, if you're actually noticing delay on your mouse that's not because it's wireless, but because it's shit as you'd expect from most wireless mice - theyre made for soccer mums
buny
Top tier players don't use mouse though

Also your wired mouse must be shit if it's comparable to a wireless.
xGx

buny

xGx wrote:

Playing with a cheap wireless mouse, I don't really notice any delay. It's definitely not very good for gaming, but I still do alright with it. Getting a Logitech G400s to replace it soon, anyway.
G400s is great, in terms of effectiveness and cost efficiency
Duckk_old

buny wrote:

Top tier players don't use mouse though

Also your wired mouse must be shit if it's comparable to a wireless.
Pea chick is top tier. And I was obviously referring to those that use mouse.. and I don't know what you're talking about anyway, lol. I was talking about delay, not in general.
xGx

Topic Starter
K a r u t a
Thank you all for your input..
For tablet, I think its very hard to find in my country.
What tablets u suggest me?
And how much does it cost?
buny
If you're looking for cost efficiency and are only using it for osu, then find one that is small and only has pen feature.
I'm not too sure what tablets you could find in Indonesia, but you could probably find one in an online hardware store.
Topic Starter
K a r u t a
Oh..
Problem is I am forbidedto buy online.
Usually tablets cost around how much?
buny
Cheap ones are around $50 I think

Indonesia tends to sell things cheaper because of terribad curreny also. You could try loitering around the mall finding a computer hardware store that may have some in stock. If you're lucky you'll find them at cheaper than market price too.
Topic Starter
K a r u t a
ok point taken.
Thanks