forum

Why does it seem like HD

posted
Total Posts
show more
nrl
HD doesn't make things easier, it makes things cleaner. This is nice on dense maps at high ARs where the extra clutter would be a nuisance, but it entails a substantial loss of redundancy, which is why most players find it difficult to read as consistently as nomod. It gets its reputation as a non-mod from the fact that it's much easier to deal with at high AR, which the current metagame favors very heavily.
ivan
x
Why does it seem like HDHR*
fix'd title
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

trololol123 wrote:

None of your top scores contain hidden, so what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

It is true that the screen clutters less with hidden on, and on high AR's hidden doesn't make the map a lot harder either. You see way less circles on the screen than with no mod. This is useful as you don't have to focus on every single circle, it just looks less busy on your screen.
i prefer not to use hidden, so?
i noticed you dont have spun-out on your top ranks, guess you dont know what it does or if it makes it easier?
The difference is spun-out reduces pp and score while HD increases pp and score. Half time and no fail make the game easier, but no one really has them in their top scores do they?
Varetyr
*cough* little sidenote *cough*
but yeah I think I see what you mean
Topic Starter
Synpoo
Hidden also seems to increase my accuracy because I'm actually listening to the song instead of being distracted by the fucking approach circles
Loves
Hidden's hard. A lot of the "ram" in your brain is more focused on remembering the location of the circles rather than other things a nomod would illicit.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
Hidden is love, hidden is life
Topic Starter
Synpoo
ok serious problem, i can't play without hidden

the screen becomes too cluttered with bullshit and i can't see anything
Illus
To me, aim-focused maps are harder with Hidden, probably since I "forget" where the notes are. It depends on being used to it or not, like almost anything in this game.

Try out Easy Mod if the clutter is your problem. Do Hards if necessary. Nomod maps (ar9 or even ar8 Insanes) will seem like heaven afterwards. If you absolutely despise this mod, then just play Nomod more often if you're concerned about being able to play it. You will eventually get used to it, though it will probably take more time.
Vuelo Eluko

exozion wrote:

the game is easier with it just keep it on
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

exozion wrote:

the game is easier with it just keep it on
It's just the same as people who play with HR all the time, they can't read AR9 well because they aren't used to
B1rd
I don't like hidden, no-mod is so much nicer. I can't even do hidden well at ar9.67/10
Amianki
Hidden is pretty easy once you're used to it outside of some special cases.

It makes most maps easier once you learn it.
chainpullz
Why does it seem like HD should give less pp than HR? Maybe it does, but it's by far the easiest mod to add if you are willing to invest the week to learn it. I support the movement for HR to be like .09x and hidden to be .03x or something.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
it doesn't take a week to be comfortable playing with HD...maybe like a day
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

Why does it seem like HD should give less pp than HR? Maybe it does, but it's by far the easiest mod to add if you are willing to invest the week to learn it. I support the movement for HR to be like .09x and hidden to be .03x or something.
HD gives way less than HR, and mod weightings can't be changed retroactively without recalculating every score that uses those mods.

exozion wrote:

it doesn't take a week to be comfortable playing with HD...maybe like a day
No, I think a week is accurate. You're fooling yourself if you think you'll be any good at reading stacks after a day.
Litenang
It took me about half a week to really get used to HD. It depends on the person. Also, if I play without HD, I suck a ton more.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
ya, i cannot play without hidden now
Mythras
to me HD siphons 100% of the fun out of the game and turns it into a painful test of tedious memorization.

dt/nomod 4lyfe
Topic Starter
Synpoo
FL is memorization, not HD
nrl
Memorization isn't necessary for HD.