forum

Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lance
Nogard difficulty name was disallowed wasn't it? How is this any different? Why would you try to circumvent a rule and possibly get scores wiped for something as dumb at a difficulty name...
ryza
when you unrank this for breaking diff name criteria, please take a moment to consider changing the OD on extra to 9. Thanks!

(seriously, 6 stars and OD8? hate this shit)
Albertol
Epic and Fun. <3
Bubble_old_1

those wrote:

What does the string "Nekawaxtra" have to do with the song?
Is this a must for a custom difficulty name to relate with the song?
those

Bubble wrote:

those wrote:

Is this a must for a custom difficulty name to relate with the song?
All difficulty names save for one-difficulty mapsets must clearly and directly indicate difficulty level and/or relate to the song being mapped.

Something you pick up on with experience, which shouldn't need picking up on in the first place.
Awaken

those wrote:

All difficulty names save for one-difficulty mapsets must clearly and directly indicate difficulty level and/or relate to the song being mapped.

Common knowledge.
Well, the rule isn't effective for the hardest diff, if the map is unranked because of the diffname and I'll feel umm..

Just like every custom name in the hardest diff in current maps, they're clearly? no, but everyone knows, only one custom is the reason
Sellenite
let me see

Nekawa -> Anegawa -> 姊川 -> sister
xtra - > extra

means sisters can't pass extra!

clear?hahaha
Bubble_old_1

those wrote:

Something you pick up on with experience, which shouldn't need picking up on in the first place.
Well, it ends with "xtra" which is being pronounced as "extra".
Lance
The difficulty being ambiguous isn't even the problem at hand.

The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to an username
Nekawaxtra is just the mapper's name backwards with xtra added. Blue Dragon isn't allowed to use the Nogard difficulty name. How is this any different.

Here is another example p/3302282
Bubble_old_1

Lance wrote:

The difficulty being ambiguous isn't even the problem at hand.

The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to an username
Nekawaxtra is just the mapper's name backwards with xtra added. Blue Dragon isn't allowed to use the Nogard difficulty name. How is this any different.

Here is another example p/3302282

those wrote:

without direct reference to username, sure
He even said DIRECTLY
How is it even direct?
Lance

Lance wrote:

Nekawaxtra is just the mapper's name backwards with xtra added.
Overwrite
A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty and guest difficulties of a similar level may use custom difficulty names. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Any custom difficulty name must not be a username, or anything related to a username.
As mentioned, Nekawaxtra is just xtra with the prefix Awaken reversed. Therefore it's unrankable. May someone disqualify this map to fix the issue as soon as possible, please.
Awaken

Overwrite wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty and guest difficulties of a similar level may use custom difficulty names. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Any custom difficulty name must not be a username, or anything related to a username.
As mentioned, Nekawaxtra is just xtra with the prefix Awaken reversed. Therefore it's unrankable. May someone disqualify this map to fix the issue as soon as possible, please.
please, it's the same as Awaken's Extra
This is a guestdiff not the creator's.
if as you said, so every diff should be Easy Normal Hard Insane and CANNOT appear the guest mapper's name?
Overwrite
Welp, I had this thought 30 minutes after writing this and then I realized "oops".
But I was so focused on the rules I forgot the mess about guest diffs and blah. Ofc guest diffs can have a username in it so we can know who made it

Apologies for the dumbassery I was victim of a while back.
Awaken

Overwrite wrote:

Welp, I had this thought 30 minutes after writing this and then I realized "oops".
But I was so focused on the rules I forgot the mess about guest diffs and blah. Ofc guest diffs can have a username in it so we can know who made it

Apologies for the dumbassery I was victim of a while back.
actually if it's really unranked, I will change it :) though I think it's not necessary
mintong89
The diff can be clearly seen by the icon/star rating, and Nekawaxtra is told the diff is extra.

and about the creator name, it just what Awaken said.
Nekawa = The backward of Awaken.
xtra = Extra.
So the diff isn't related to rinsukir the creator's username but guest username, which is rankable.
Bubble_old_1

mintong89 wrote:

The diff can be clearly seen by the icon/star rating, and Nekawaxtra is told the diff is extra.

and about the creator name, it just what Awaken said.
Nekawa = The backward of Awaken.
xtra = Extra.
So the diff isn't related to rinsukir the creator's username but guest username, which is rankable.
YAY YYYY :) :) :)
Sellenite
机制的米桶
Flask
竟然是先吵這個, 我太訝異惹
Topic Starter
rinsukir

Flask wrote:

竟然是先吵這個, 我太訝異惹
Mei
早知道我也改个炫酷的
Melophobia
It's hardly understandable why you guys dare to do something like that. lol
Awaken

Melophobia wrote:

'what's wrong?' is the best way to show my thought ._.
Melophobia

Awaken wrote:

Melophobia wrote:

'what's wrong?' is the best way to show my thought ._.
No offense, but what's wrong with "Awaken's Extra" then? :<
Awaken

Melophobia wrote:

No offense, but what's wrong with "Awaken's Extra" then? :<
No anything wrong, they're the same D:
Melophobia
You've missed the essence of the rule, how are people supposed to tell it's "Awaken's Extra" just by looking at "Nekawaxtra"?
Awaken

Melophobia wrote:

You've missed the essence of the rule, how are people supposed to tell it's "Awaken's Extra" just by looking at "Nekawaxtra"?
um understanding is okay
also, don't forget there is Creator's Word it can help a lot :d
Natsu

Awaken wrote:

Melophobia wrote:

um understanding is okay
also, don't forget there is Creator's Word it can help a lot :d
yeah but I still remember the case with ¨Lauriextra¨and ¨extrazer¨ (Dunno if I typed them well) , but as you should know they was not allowed and this one is pretty similar.
Deimos
just wait 5-6 days

if it gets unqualified, just remember to avoid such things in the future ( which is happening I think :/ )

if not, then gratz for a new ranked map
Topic Starter
rinsukir

Mei wrote:

早知道我也改个炫酷的
改屁 你又不是最高难度爱

你们慢聊 我当新番看;_;(你
shaneoyo
When this is unqualified for the diff name, perhaps also consider making the last 5 seconds less of a clusterfuck of tomstars masturbation.

An experienced BAT pointed out both these issues to you:

TicClick wrote:

1. Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to an username.
  2. Finally, huge jumps spam: 03:08:599 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) -
Which you dignified with a:

Awaken wrote:

lol
Awaken
When this is unqualified for the diff name, perhaps also consider making the last 5 seconds less of a clusterfuck of tomstars masturbation.

An experienced BAT pointed out both these issues to you:
I'VE FIXED. THE VERSION IS AFTER FIXING
Don't say anything wrong if you don't know about the map
As for diffname, IT'S A GUESTDIFF I have to mention
Overwrite
Please people, don't be as stupid as I was yesterday.
The sole reason why maps such as ave:new's songs compilation were unranked is because a diff contained something related to the mapset creator's username.

Awaken is not the mapset creator, therefore their difficulty is a guest diff. To be able to know who made this guest diff, we need at least the username in the difficulty name, no matter if it is "Awaken's Extra" "Nekawaxtra" or "super sassy lesbian sunflowers' Extra" as long as we do know or have an idea about who made this guest diff.

And yes, for lazy people, there's the mapper's note which indicates who made which diff to prevent confusion.
mintong89
wtf do you all read my post at previous page? :<
Stop this topic please, everything is explained.
Awaken

mintong89 wrote:

wtf do you all read my post at previous page? :<
Stop this topic please, everything is explained.
Overwrite
Though people seem to miss it, so repeating it at every page seems required. :roll:
those
Ranking criteria doesn't say "related to the username of the person that submitted the map", it says "a username". Refer to TicClick or Melophobia's posts for more details. Don't make this about the BAT; it's more about the community. You don't have to agree with the rules, you don't have to try to disprove it, but anything breaking rules will be disqualified, if the QAT is doing their job.

p/2962715

peppy wrote:

It can't be a username, or anything related to a username.
The other difficulties should make sense in an increasing scale way, as previously discussed.
FlobuFlobs
isnt the jump from 3,5 stars to 5.1 stars a bit too high?
captin1
The problem here was in the misinterpreted difficulty naming rule where a certain type of naming is allowed, but wasn't clarified.

As it is, the current difficulty name "Nekawaxtra" is unrankable, since it is relating to the username of the mapper and does not relate the difficulty correctly. However, the difficulty name "AwakExtrA" would be acceptable, as NameDifficulty or DifficultyName is allowed, with the correct capitalization to emphasize both the mapper's name and the difficulty.

The other significant point to be mentioned is the ending of the same map, 03:08:599 - , where the 1/6 slider jumps are confusing and play very rough, and the high spacing is extremely hard to hit. It's simply unfair to players to put a pattern like this at the very end of a difficult map. I would ask that you please make this more playable; the high spacing is warranted and makes sense, but the patterns are just executed poorly.

This map will be handled by the BAT from here on, however if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Good luck
Mei
我就知道._.
虽然是这么说我也是建议改。。。因为这个diffname第一眼看过去我是感到十分莫名的
恭喜第一次unrank
show more